Props Halo: Reach M45 Tactical Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading more about the processes involved with bondo, I decided to change over to what I've used before, which is sheetrock joint compound. Personally, I prefer it for this kind of thing, more details, a little easier to work with, and has far fewer carcinagens. Heh.

Pics! Not too much to see yet, but I've gotten started.

Kinda stuck for the moment, waiting on the cash to get a face mask before I can start coating the gun.

I did have a thought though, I think I'll want to cover the LEDs with some type of plastic to diffuse the light a little so it isn't so bright, anyone have any suggestions on what to use for that?

When I build lightsabers, I sometimes use a spay-on frosting on the blades for a diffuser. It looks great! Or if you don't need that much, would small pieces of scotch tape work?

When I build lightsabers, I sometimes use a spay-on frosting on the blades for a diffuser. It looks great! Or if you don't need that much, would small pieces of scotch tape work?
After further thought, I think the enamel coating that I'll be applying after paint will probably diffuse it enough. If not though, the spray on frosting might be a good option too. Thanks!

Making very good progress! How much more detailing do you have to do with the dry wall before you get to prime it?

Not too much more, actually. All the big areas are pretty much finished, now it's just going over them, making sure the finish is good, etc. Sand, fill, dry, sand, fill, dry...

More progress pics!

Well, pic. Only one really, but it's a good one I think.

I've carved the ridges on the top of the barrel, and the slots as well, out of balsa wood and attached those pieces. Now just a few last areas to finish off, and I can move on to priming.

Aside from a few last areas to smooth out, the construction is completed! :D

DSCN0042-1024x768.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back