Props Halo: Reach M45 Tactical Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Reynolds

Hey guys, first time posting here where I actually have something to show off! Also my first time posting in this forum, be gentle.

Anyhoo, I actually got started on this thing almost two weeks ago, and haven't had a chance to touch it recently (though I'm going to be working on it more in a minute, after I'm finished here.) and I've been waiting for the boards to come back up so I could put up some pics!

So, here we go!

This is probably the best picture I have yet (click for full size). Shows off the stock and main body of the gun, as well as one of the two working LEDs that are on it so far (the other one being on the opposing side of course.) This was the last picture taken, I haven't had a chance to work on it since. Some more pics:

This one showing the inside of the stock and the structure behind it. It turned out a lot stronger than I had initially hoped, so I ended up not needing nearly as much bracing. Impressive strength really, considering it's just foam core and superglue.

I'm planning on coating said foam care with a fairly thick layer of bondo and sanding/painting that. I've painted foam core before and the results are never really nice, so, not doing it again. Heh.

And here is the lighting system. I ended up changing out the two round blue LED's for square ones like the other two, simply because when I bought them I thought the lights on the side near the ejection door were round, and they're actually square. Same voltage and rate though, so it was just a matter of switching them out. Also, I ended up only needing one 9V battery, thankfully before I blew anything up.

So yeah, that's about what I have so far. You can read more detailed stuff about the gun and more updated progress at my site, on this page that I've dedicated to it.

Thanks for reading, feedback always appreciated!

(Emotes count as posted images? wat.)

Damn baby, you do such great work! And you really put that thing together QUICK! O_O

Can't wait to see this beauty finished for D*Con! :D

Hey guys, first time posting here where I actually have something to show off! Also my first time posting in this forum, be gentle.

Anyhoo, I actually got started on this thing almost two weeks ago, and haven't had a chance to touch it recently (though I'm going to be working on it more in a minute, after I'm finished here.) and I've been waiting for the boards to come back up so I could put up some pics!

So, here we go!

This is probably the best picture I have yet (click for full size). Shows off the stock and main body of the gun, as well as one of the two working LEDs that are on it so far (the other one being on the opposing side of course.) This was the last picture taken, I haven't had a chance to work on it since. Some more pics:

This one showing the inside of the stock and the structure behind it. It turned out a lot stronger than I had initially hoped, so I ended up not needing nearly as much bracing. Impressive strength really, considering it's just foam core and superglue.

I'm planning on coating said foam care with a fairly thick layer of bondo and sanding/painting that. I've painted foam core before and the results are never really nice, so, not doing it again. Heh.

And here is the lighting system. I ended up changing out the two round blue LED's for square ones like the other two, simply because when I bought them I thought the lights on the side near the ejection door were round, and they're actually square. Same voltage and rate though, so it was just a matter of switching them out. Also, I ended up only needing one 9V battery, thankfully before I blew anything up.

So yeah, that's about what I have so far. You can read more detailed stuff about the gun and more updated progress at my site, on this page that I've dedicated to it.

Thanks for reading, feedback always appreciated!

(Emotes count as posted images? wat.)

Any chance you'll do a casting of it without the electronics? It looks awesome,Keep up being awesome! :)

Any chance you'll do a casting of it without the electronics? It looks awesome,Keep up being awesome! :)
I might give it a shot, actually. I'd want to do some practice castings with more simple props first though, both so it's worth the time and money investment, and so I don't ruin the shotgun. Heh.

Also, I'll be posting newer pics later today (just got done with work, need sleep first) but the new pics are already on the page I linked to if anyone's interested.

I might give it a shot, actually. I'd want to do some practice castings with more simple props first though, both so it's worth the time and money investment, and so I don't ruin the shotgun. Heh.

Also, I'll be posting newer pics later today (just got done with work, need sleep first) but the new pics are already on the page I linked to if anyone's interested.

ok! it's gonna be good

Kinda stuck for the moment, waiting on the cash to get a face mask before I can start coating the gun.

I did have a thought though, I think I'll want to cover the LEDs with some type of plastic to diffuse the light a little so it isn't so bright, anyone have any suggestions on what to use for that?

1277240161393.jpg

Kinda stuck for the moment, waiting on the cash to get a face mask before I can start coating the gun.

I did have a thought though, I think I'll want to cover the LEDs with some type of plastic to diffuse the light a little so it isn't so bright, anyone have any suggestions on what to use for that?

just use a piece of lexan or plexiglass and sand it with some high grit sandpaper... or cut the middleman out and just sand the LED's with some sandpaper...

is it just me or do the reach weapons seem insanely huge
They ARE. [INSERT GENERIC CREEPY SMILE HERE]

As to making your LEDs diffuse, I would suggest you get a rubbermaid container with the opaque handles (You know, the ones that are still clear, but that rough texture?), and cut it to fit your slots, and glue it in on the inside.

This is insane! The LED's themselves make it look badass as hell. Can't wait to see this baby finished! (and I know I'm not the only one!)

As to making your LEDs diffuse, I would suggest you get a rubbermaid container with the opaque handles (You know, the ones that are still clear, but that rough texture?), and cut it to fit your slots, and glue it in on the inside.
Ah, hadn't thought of that. That sounds pretty good, though I was thinking maybe some of that thick ish plastic they sell in hobby stores for model planes and such, jsut sand up one side to diffuse the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back