Please Help, need scaling assistance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss B

This is my first attempt at making Halo armor and I can't seem to get the scaling correct even though I have read just about everything I can find on matter.

I started creating a bicept piece, I measured my upper arm and I figured about 11 inches in height by using reference photos. I converted this to roughly 279 mm (I am using Pepakura Designer 3) and input this number into the scale section for height. I assembled the piece hoping it would fold down to be smaller than it looked but it is absolutely massive, about 17 inches high and 25 inches around. What did I do wrong???

I'm a petite female, 5'4", 115 lbs, and can't figure out where I went wrong on the scaling calculations. Please help.

Sometimes, if your good at paying attention to detail, you can adjust it yourself by cutting and pasting, that's what I did for my first suit. It ended up looking decent. your first suit is most likely not gonna be as good as some of the veterans.

You could always just try to make another bicep piece and rescale again or you can try to add some short of padding and foam. You might be able to finish it and trade it for one that can fit you. Hope this helps Miss B.

i know that this may sound like im being too straight foward, but couldnt you just go to a CVS or something along those lines and buy a ruler with cetemeters on it. it would be way easyer than trying to convert the numbers. i dont mean to sound mean but that would fix your problem in an instant (would also keep this from happening agian, cuz the measuring gets precise)
other than that good luck with the build, i hope to see how this goes. speaking of which, anyone know wat happened to the gallery?(sorry no facebook or anything, so im a little out of the loop)

I left you a link to some good instructions on your profile comments, so you can use it whenever you need it.

Oh! Use method #1, its the best.. a little math, not too much though, pretty easy.

I already pointed her in the correct direction and helped her out via E-mail. If she has any further questions, she will be contacting me.

P.S. Arioch, thank-you for posting the link for her.

thanks everyone, i very much appreciate your help. and yes, i have a ruler with centimeters on it, but the program im using requires millimeters. and once again, thank you Xtreme Tactics, I'm rebuilding that piece with your directions in mind and it seems to be working much better this time!!!

since im on here, is anyone else having trouble with the Pepakura Files Tab? Evertime i click on it, it just says "page not found".

fantastic. thank you! i feel bad having so many questions which probably seem simple and obvious to most of the people on here but this is such a new thing that i'm delving into, and I want to make sure that it turns out looking great. your help is much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back