Reach Armor WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmstrowabarton

I am going to be making Jun's Armor from Reach and I have 4 other friends that are going to be doing Carter, Kat, Emile, and Jorge. I have taken a hand in using clay but right now I think I will only do a few thing that way it will mostly be Pepakurka so that is why I made the thread here. Right now I have been working on a handplate here is some of the progress this WIP will be a little slow in progress for a while I am planing to get this done for my local con next year in may and to bring to Dragon*Con next year with the rest of Noble Team hopefully. Well it seems the forums are only allowing 4 pictures per post right now so instead of making many posts for just pictures right now since it might be fixed later I will post the most current pictures and a picture of the version one cast I made.

DSC02694.jpg

DSC02695.jpg

DSC02696.jpg

DSC02698.jpg

DSC02700.jpg

DSC02737.jpg

DSC02740.jpg

DSC02741.jpg

DSC02743.jpg

The version 1 cast
DSC02744.jpg

DSC02748.jpg

DSC02750.jpg

DSC02752.jpg

Version 1 on the left and version 2 in progress on the right
DSC02747.jpg

Current standing for version 2
DSC02757.jpg

Still much to do on it but let me know what you think.
Jun's Helmet to come soon and Reach AR will be starting soon out of foam

Here are some new updates on the hand plates I thin I am going to stop here and mold them and I will see how one comes and fix anything from the cast made.

DSC02762.jpg

DSC02763.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

Ok since Adam increased the amount of pictures that can be in a post to 15. I updated the first post with some of the older pictures I had of the hand plate and now here are some of the new pictures.

DSC02765.jpg

after making this I noticed more things wrong so now there is a version 3
DSC02766.jpg

It is a little thin
DSC02771.jpg

Version 3 It has been made thicker and has bee curved a bit for the hand
DSC02768.jpg

You can see the slight curve
DSC02769.jpg

and it is thicker
DSC02770.jpg

Making the new mold out of latex and you can see a side project of my Soul Eater teeth
DSC02767.jpg

Ok so I hope this verison 3 will be the last until I sand and smooth the cast out better that the clay could be then I will make the mold out rebound 25

Nice work, I'm new here, so I'll be making a Halo Reach armor out of pepakura.
It'll turn out fine, I hope, so yep.
I hope it will be finished by launch. :D

Thanks Cirkob5477, welcome to the forums and good luck on you on your armor

Here is an update I have some cleaning up to do on the cast but I plan to make a two piece mold when I am done cleaning this up.

DSC02793.jpg

DSC02792.jpg

Evolution of molds oldest on the right newest on the right
DSC02791.jpg

DSC02789.jpg

DSC02790.jpg

Here are some pictures of Jun's helmet that I am making finally some Pepakura.

DSC02796.jpg

DSC02797.jpg

DSC02799.jpg

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02801.jpg

DSC02801.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

Edit: More progress on the Helmet still need to make the add-on for it

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02807.jpg

I was wearing the helmet here but I guess when the whole room is dark and your wearing a black shirt it looks like a floating helmet
DSC02808.jpg

DSC02801.jpg

I some more to update with I hardened the helmet using Smooth-cast 300 I wanted the test the method out and I like it but the 300 gels up to quick which I knew would happen but it was all the store by me had on hand when I went there. I plan to order some 321 to harden the outside and still use the 300 on the inside since it worked great just slushed it around and done.

Outside done in Smooth-cast 300 1-layer
DSC02809.jpg

Inside done in smooth-cast 300 1-layer
DSC02810.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

I did this as a test fit and it almost fits with-out having to split it so that is good
DSC02812.jpg

Nice pep work

hey man awesome job with the pep what kind of glue do u use if you don't mind me asking I've resorted to using 3m clear tape to move forward on my pep works but I'd like to find a decent glue. From your pic it looks like tacky glue but I believe I've tried that before, but if thats what it is I'll try it again please let me know.

Thanks and awesome job so far man.

hey man awesome job with the pep what kind of glue do u use if you don't mind me asking I've resorted to using 3m clear tape to move forward on my pep works but I'd like to find a decent glue. From your pic it looks like tacky glue but I believe I've tried that before, but if thats what it is I'll try it again please let me know.

I dont know what gmstrowabarton uses, but most people around here use a hot glue gun or crazy/super glue. Ive seen people use regular ol' elmer's glue and it works great for them

Wow, it's been about a week since my last post here and still no progress report :O
I really look forward to it :)

Yeah I ran out of cardstock and I had to order more found that Costco sells 250page stacks online for about a dollar more than what Walmart sells it for, for only the 150page stacks so I will be getting some more progress soon.

looks good so far, the handplate looks great, jun's helmet looks like it is coming along nicely
keep up the good work!

Thank you

Thank you and I do you Tacky Glue for my pep work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back