Phoenix Team Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoxyRoo

Hello everyone. I'm RoxyRoo and I'm a member of Phoenix Team. We are a bunch of friends who all decided to do Spartans and AI. We all meet at my basement to work, helping each other out, teaching tricks we learn, and pool our resources.

Over the last few months, our team has grown exponentially; over doubling in size from the original 5 to now 12 members. And we're still counting! Even though our core group is the closest, we've found we really enjoy the company of our newer members. We have about 5 Spartans, 2 A.I.s, 4 ODSTs, and 1 Undecided.

We called ourselves Phoenix Team because we're based in Phoenix, Arizona. And ..it sounds cool. Yes. Most of use are still green around the horns here at 405th, but we are no strangers to costumery. Even so, we are up to the challenge that is armor-making. To be safe, our goal is to finish all our costumes within a year. Wish us luck (We're not Master Cheif, so we're going to need it)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruitment List:

TheRick46 -- Spartan
~ is buiding Jorge's armor from Reach, but with his own twist.

Anicken -- Spartan
~ Hayabusa chest. Recon shoulders. Possibly ODST Helmet.

RoxyRoo -- Spartan
~ Making a chick spartan. 'Nough said.
~ Progress Thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25101-RoxyRoo-s-Chick-Armor

cloudsshroud -- Spartan
~Making a Halo: Wars MarkIV + scout shoulders

Kirrou -- ODST
~ Blue paint job, modded helmet.

CrimsonValkyrie -- A.I.
~making Cortana. Halo 2 hair + mix body designs
~ Progress Thread: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25477-Cortanananananaaaaaa!-lt-build-gt

Aether -- A.I.
~making a cute little AI. <3

Rosh -- ODST (at the moment)
~ Possibly a Medic.

Phoeni1148 -- ODST
~ Dare armor +Helm with MANLY paint job and stuff.

Canadian42283 -- Spartan
~ has a Master Chief already completed. He's doing tweaks to his costume.
~ Chocolate Master Chief build = http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26589-Chocolate-Master-Chief-)

The Last ODST -- ODST

Follow this link to watch our Youtube videos that will be updated each week, showing our progress as a whole.

HaloPhoenixTeam's YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HaloPhoenixTeam

Progress Videos:
Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
Week 7-9:
Week 10:
Week 11:
Weeks 12-14:
Weeks 15-18:
March Update:
April Update:

Last edited by a moderator:
:D The Jorge armor is going to be fun because I have yet to find a pep model for his chest. I figure it's an addon that will be quite fun to create though. And there are finally reference pictures to Jorge's backpack! I'm excited! :D Yay E3!

nice to see some people starting up! im also in the phoenix area and have a completed mark vi already, and am just beginning work on a jun/reach spartan. im looking to probably cast handplates and boots for reach mark v's and would love to help in any way i can. armor building is always easier when you pool your available resources. send me a PM if you are interested in meeting sometime or could use advice or help with anything.

You live in the Valley? Sweet. Kind of off topic here, but did you go to PCC? My friends claimed there was a spartan running around but I never got to see him. T.T

No, didn't go to pcc, just built my mark vi suit in 1 month for Halloween las year and got hooked. I can see all the things I did wrong on that build now, and want to try it again to get it right. I'm somewhat skilled with clay and I would like to try to cast a few sculpts. Other than the simple stuff like handplates and boots I think I'll be going the traditional method though. Where did you buy the foamies at? I need some soon for my helm and thighs and don't know where to look.

You guys seem to know what you are up to, and I could use some help- so what I'm asking is.. got room on the team for another Spartan?

You can buy Foamies at Joann's, Michael's, or Walmart. ^^ Basically any craft store. Small sheets cost under a dollar. Larger sheets cost about $1.30. If you need a LOT of it, then you an buy a huge roll of it for $8 at Joann's.

Only if the other members approve of you joining us. I don't speak for everyone. The best thing would be for some of us to meet you in person first. ^^ Since you live nearby, that shouldn't be too difficult.

HUZZAH! Aether checking in! Lets fire teh lazors! >:3
It's good to see some comments, I hope this thread grows~! <3

nice, i wish i had people to work with. all of my freinds think i'm crazy but if i get it done in time I'm wearing my recon helm to the reach release :)

I understand that sentiment- meeting people on the Internet is a touchy proposition at best. If nothing else I'll keep track of your progress as a group and ask assistance I need it. In the meantime I'll keep on plugging away on mark v parts. Boots are first on the block for sculpting and casting.

Really cool! love the progress! I love the group style for encouragement and support...wish i had that here where i am...good luck with everything!

nice, i wish i had people to work with. all of my freinds think i'm crazy but if i get it done in time I'm wearing my recon helm to the reach release :)

ha ha, yeah i know the feeling. everyone thinks you're crazy, but you know you're awesome
also going for a noble 6 build for reach release

Wow. Another Phoenix resident, huh? That makes 3 people outside our team. I'll talk with the other members about doing a meet-up with you all.

You guys are so awesome! I watched the progress vids earlier and I was amazed! If all these suits do get finished within a year, they are going to look so bad ass. >:D

A meeting would be nice if there is group interest. I'm never going to get this done if I work alone. Haha. Send one of us a PM with your whereabouts in Phoenix (north, south, etc.) and we'll see what we can do one of these days! It'd be nice to have a bit more experience on the team because so far we're just wingin' it. It's working, but I don't know how far that'll take us. :D

Hey guys. Week 3's video is up now on our Youtube account. Check it out here:

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are doing great! I'll see if I can help out providing files, you name it I'll make it.
Rick, I can get you a Jorge chest done sometime soon, along with some other parts.

Keep up the great work guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back