Props Sliced Halo Reach Sniper Rifle W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What can we use to make the barrel of the rifle?
I was thinking of a PVC Pipe, but i dont know.
Someone please offer some insight?

Chickrob one your not supposed to double post just edit your previous post.
Also your supposed to only be able to post in the Noob forum until your a Veteran.

Yeah I agree how long and what size should the pipe be?

Try not to cake the cardboard with too much bondo.

More bondo = more work. Try to give it a couple of nice, thin layers.

Going to download this baby later on today!

-Pony

I believe this should be one of the standard ways to make weapons from files. Pepakura weapons just seem to work will on a computer screen, but sag a little in real life!

Are you planning on slicing any more weapons, because I would really like to get my hands on some!

Nice to finally see it done. I would try this, but I don't have any room with my new project. I agree, you should release more sliced weapons (iif you want). BTW, how is the sAW Doll doing?

And also, how long should the pipe be?

I don't know off the top of my head, but you can check out a picture, or you could go look at L3X BLU3R1V3R's pepakura version of this, since that's what I sliced.

Chickrob one your not supposed to double post just edit your previous post.
Also your supposed to only be able to post in the Noob forum until your a Veteran.

Yeah I agree how long and what size should the pipe be?

I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a veteran to comment outside of the noob forum, I think its only making topics outside the noob forum that requires you be a veteran

I believe this should be one of the standard ways to make weapons from files. Pepakura weapons just seem to work will on a computer screen, but sag a little in real life!

Are you planning on slicing any more weapons, because I would really like to get my hands on some!

Not sure if Ill slice more weapons, because I'd like to finish slicing this first. Currently I'm also working on building the actual sniper and peping a jun costume for the reach release ( not sure if I can do that without help from other people on the cape ), then Im working on a subject delta costume for anime boston 2011, trying to mold a 50 cal bullet for the jun costume when I dont have any silicone rubber, and ontop of that, my mom is threatening to take away my electronics if I dont get a job, because shes not happy with me just selling props... she wants me to have a real job. Oh yeah, and I have mandatory summer reading from school... So yeah, Im kinda busy... lol

Nice to finally see it done. I would try this, but I don't have any room with my new project. I agree, you should release more sliced weapons (iif you want). BTW, how is the sAW Doll doing?

Sorry about the saw doll thing, I unfolded like half of it and forgot about it. If you want, I can give you what I have so far...

---------------------------------------------------

Its really nice seeing that this topic finally took off! Now if only my topic in the classifieds would take off like this topic...

Also, if I successfuly made some casts of that bullet, would anyone be interested? Not saying Im actually going to sell some just now, Im just curious if anyone is interested...

Oh okay, thanks anyways
I'ma go check on the Halo wikia, just to see if there's the barrel mesurations.
When (if) I'll find them, I'll post them here for all to see :)
Edit: Ehh, I can't find the mesurements on the Halo wiki, neither Bungie.net
anyone else know a site?
And i guess i should ask L3X...
I'll try him

Great job on the slicing :p
Plan to get one of these done for a Jun costume as well.
Do you happen to know the full length of this when it is complete?

Great job on the slicing :p
Plan to get one of these done for a Jun costume as well.
Do you happen to know the full length of this when it is complete?

if you guys checked out L3X BLU3R1V3R's pepakura model, you would've found out the sniper rifle's total length. Pepakura designer says its 178cm (roughly 70 inches) from the butt of the stock to the end of the barrel and muzzle. All the sliced models are the same size as the model that L3x BLU3R1V3R made.

Good luck with your jun costume, and your rifle.

Again, I ask, would anyone be interested in some fiberglass resin casts of the 50 cal bullets that are on jun's left bicep? I would need to cast more than just 4 for myself, to justify going out and getting some silicone rubber to make a mold. I just hope if anyone is interested, that I could make up the money I would spend on the rubber.
**Just leave a reply if you're interested so I can make a list to see if its worth it.

Again, I ask, would anyone be interested in some fiberglass resin casts of the 50 cal bullets that are on jun's left bicep? I would need to cast more than just 4 for myself, to justify going out and getting some silicone rubber to make a mold. I just hope if anyone is interested, that I could make up the money I would spend on the rubber.
**Just leave a reply if you're interested so I can make a list to see if its worth it.

I'd be interested in the 50 cal bullets. When are you planning to get them made by?

Aha thanks and you too!
--
Sure put me down for some 50cal's :p

I'd be interested in the 50 cal bullets. When are you planning to get them made by?

well I'm not going to be here this weekend, and I would need to order the silicone rubber, but there is two months untill reach comes out, so I would have enough time to get it done before then. I have a general idea of how much it would be, but I actually have to cast a bullet before Ill know how much resin it uses, and how much they weigh...

Im assuming both of you want 4 for your costume? Unless of course you actually want to put some in that rifle along with on the shoulder....

And when I get a mold done, Im going to see if I can cast it out of fiberglass resin so its less expensive, but I might buy some smoothcast just incase it doesnt work, and if you guys dont care about it costing a bit more for the better resin, Ill just cast it out of the smoothcast anyways...

EDIT: anyone know wither smoothcast 300 or 320 is better? they're both the same price...

I just finished another file!! if anyone would like to unfold it better, have at it... in the meantime, check out the TF2 flaregun Im working on for my friend on my blog

The sliced shoulder rest is now posted in the first post. Enjoy being cooped up at home, laboring over your sniper rifles... lol

EDIT: anyone know wither smooth-cast 300 or 320 is better? I might be buying some when I get home on monday...

Hey Jeddy,

scratch my interest in the .50 cal copies. Apparently dummy rounds are only $2 each! Here's the link in case you wanted to go that route. I don't think it's worth molding them when they're that cheap, unless you're going somewhere with really strict prop policies.

Hey Jeddy,

scratch my interest in the .50 cal copies. Apparently dummy rounds are only $2 each! Here's the link in case you wanted to go that route. I don't think it's worth molding them when they're that cheap, unless you're going somewhere with really strict prop policies.

are your dummy rounds made of metal, just like a real bullet, just without the gunpowder? because here, those go for $6 a pop, and when you need 4 at the very least, not only is that heavy for your costume, but its heavy on your wallet, for such a small detail. Plus, I'm not sure how thrilled people at anime boston would be with metal bullets where they have no clue if there could be gunpowder in them...

and on a side note, I don't know if I will be able to get much slicing done, considering that my mom took my laptop away, and all my other computers are crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back