Fiberglass resin vs Aqua resin

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay i'm confused i thought fiberglass resin goes inside of the armor only not outside, cause this video told me to get aqua resin http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-Halo-Armor/

can someone help me out i'm just getting confused cause i don't want to mess up my armor with fiberglass resin

please send me a message if you see this

After you finish building the Pep piece, you apply at least one coat of fiberglass resin to the outside to stiffen the cardboard a little. Next, you use fiberglass resin along with fiberglass cloth on the inside to reinforce the part and really turn into a durable shell. That's it really, pretty simple.

really i didn't know that i thought i would lose my details if i put fiberglass resin on the outside

You wont lose detail if you just put resin on the outside. However, if you attempt to put fiberglass cloth on the outside, you most definitely will.

wow I am a dumbass to buy aqua resin and aqua resin screwed up some of my parts cause it kinda collapse

man this whole time i should have use fiberglass resin. why did that video tell me to get aqua resin i spend $40 on that and fiberglass resin was $17

i can't believe this

Hey man, I've dabbled in aqua resin and I don't recommend it at all, you can buy a respirator and a gallon of FG resin and it'll still be cheaper than aqua resin and the results are much better!

Hey man, I've dabbled in aqua resin and I don't recommend it at all, you can buy a respirator and a gallon of FG resin and it'll still be cheaper than aqua resin and the results are much better!

Hey man , while I think your information is good , please remember to pay attention to the last post date (over a year ago) This is called "Necro posting" which is frowned upon . Don't want you having angry 405th members on your case :) Thanks!

Jacob

GEK328 this post is 4 years old......please be mindful of the dates before replying. It pushes newer and more timely postings down the list. If you have a question regarding a particular item or request for help on something posted......send a PM direct to author.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used hot glue to assemble, fiberglass resign to harden, and smoothcast 300 for strength! Everything worked out nicely and I would recommend it, but it is expensive.
I realize this was almost 6 years ago but can I use fiberglass resin without using fiberglass? I am kind of new to this so I'm not sure of the whole process. What would I actually use to waterproof it?

I realize this was almost 6 years ago but can I use fiberglass resin without using fiberglass? I am kind of new to this so I'm not sure of the whole process. What would I actually use to waterproof it?

Given the question I'll overlook the necropost, but please try to do some research on the forums before reviving old threads - the fibreglass process for armour making is an extremely commonly used process, you should be able to find the answers you need quite easily.

Yes, you can use fibreglass resin without the fibreglass cloth itself. It's advised to coat your product in a thin layer or two of fibreglass resin first to ensure it will keep its strength under the weight of the fibreglass application when you get to that step. And if you've done the work correctly the finished product should end up being quite waterproofed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back