Armor Build: Jorge-052

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooper114

I am making Jorge's armor this year for Halloween, and if I finish in time, wear it to gamestop to pick up my copy of Reach the day of its release. I have the pep files for the helmet, shins, hand plates, thighs, and boot covers. What I was thinking of doing for the forearms and biceps was to use the basic Reach files, that i found on the thread for Reach pepakura files, and create the attachments to go on them. For example, the biceps, if you notice, there is a another piece of armor underneath the biceps you see on Jorge, possibly the base for the bicep armor, i'll make the reast of the armor that goes on them out of cardboard. The Torso armor is still a maybe for pepping but if not i'll use cardboard for it to. Also i will make the backpack he has and try my luck with the chain gun. I will also be posting my progress on here as well and will probaly try to make a tutorial, but not a video tutorial. Wish me luck...
By the way, what would be better to use, fiberglass and resin or paper mache? I'm tight on cash so i was leaning towards paper mache, but i would like to know for future referance. Also i would like to know much fiber glass and resine cost and where to get it.
Reach_E310_Jorge.jpg

Well the pep file for the chest should be released on Ruze's thread soon. I'll be watching this one.

You're right about the biceps, all the spartans wear the stock armor and all the attachments over top them. Even Jorge has only a slightly modified chest piece.

Thats freak'n sweet dude. Thanks alot for unfolding it. I'm starting the helmet to night, hope to have it put together by tomorrow or saturday. I'll post pics then.

I'm also working on a Jorge helm. When you scale it be careful if you use the forgedreclaimer model. It's an amazing model and a god unfold, but the helm attachment factors into the height when you scale it. I made mine much much too small and spent half a day pepping before realized I Made a child sized helm. FYI the head opening is 6 inches across when the height is set to 270 mm. I haven't printed my next one yet but scale it for width rather than height.

You gave me abit of a scare, lol, but no i'm not using his model, i'm using Spartan-029's model, the attachment and helm are different files, any way I checked it and it seems like it might fit, Height: 285 mm, Width: 276, and depth 372, for the helm. Thanks for the heads up any way.
Hey, doesn't Emile's right shoulder look like Jorge's right (maybe it left not sure)?

I mean this halloween. I'm not gona fiberglass it. I'm gona paper mache. Tough, cheap, and easy to use. Plus you don't know how i work. I'm almost done peping the helmet, i'd be done alot sooner but i have alot going on, plus i can't stay locked up in my room all day, though i would perfer it.

any update pictures ? looking forward for ur project to get done ..

p/s: where did u get ur pep files from ?

Halo Reach pepakura file base. There are good Jorge files there. There are several helmet files (i am using Spartan-029's model). I am gona use L3X BLU3R1V3R Chest armor, and Rhinoc's back pack model. Rhinoc has also made a model of the chest and pack together but it might be unfolded differently, since i got a file of just the pack. Anyway he made the forearm attachment and the shin armor, which are both being unfolded, hopefully. You can check Rhinoc's file base, i'm using his cod piece as well, you can check the rest of his files and the files on the reach pep thread, there pretty dang good (some may not be unfolded yet but will be, hopefully). As far as a update goes i was hoping to post a complete pepped helmet 3 weeks ago, but it took longer then expected, lol, but i haven't had alot of time sorry, but if you want i can post the progress so far, but it should be done in 1 or 3 days.
PS: Thanks to all the modelers out there for the files, mentioned and those that well be mentioned later on.

FINALY!!! The first update with pics. Almost done, just needs a few more pieces. Go easy on me its my first pep and i think i did pretty good. Wht do you all think? And as for material, i just printed out the file on normal paper and just glued them on cereal box cardboard, only the sheets i got r massive.
FS6KYXHGB3XKH0G.jpg

FD6P3YVGB3XKH0H.jpg

This is the helmet attachment.
FU1EHTEGB3XKH0F.jpg

The helmet is complete!!!!!
FJT88KMGB3XKKDT.jpg

FT7OAEGGB3XKKDS.jpg

FUG5ETCGB3XKKDR.jpg

FGDDC0KGB3XKKDQ.jpg

All ready fixed the crooked attachment and now to begin the chest piece. I will paper mace the helmet on Saturday, cause i'm haveing visitors tomorrow, let me know what you think.:cool

Your helmet looked a little stout, but looks tons better since you put in the visor. Very inventive way of using cereal box cardboard. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

I had started making th chest and realizied that its to small for me, my head don't fit through the hole. Can some one help me out and scale this for me, i'd do it myself but i can't save work on designer cause i haven't paid yet cause i got no money.

I had started making th chest and realizied that its to small for me, my head don't fit through the hole. Can some one help me out and scale this for me, i'd do it myself but i can't save work on designer cause i haven't paid yet cause i got no money.

its really not that hard. just measure from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head. then leave some room for your mouth to talk plus helmet padding. just make a note of your measurements and put it into designer (only into height. width and depth should scale with it automatically) when you're ready to print it.

No, the chest armor is too small for me, i can't put it on. I made the neck opening and i figured out that it is too small, my head don't fit through. The helmet is done being pepped.

Not really, its easy, but time consuming, plus i am new to this method.

And to every one sorry for having not yet posted progress, time is not a luxury i can afford at the moment, i do have a shin pepped though and hopefully this weekend i will start scratch building the chest, i don't have designer so i can not rescale.

By the way, Turbo that file may be abit tricky, use your head and you will get through it. Some pieces came out different for example opposite and unsimilar when they should be. ask me for help if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back