LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really did a nice job with those LEDs! Usually with LEDs, I wonder why anyone would want to light a soldier up like that, but yours are really nice to look at :)

Well, Master Chief's Armor does have lights in it, just like in the game. I felt that it needed more and better placements. I still have 6 more special ones to install.
Agree'd I absolulty LOVE the way they look. More representative of "Powered EVA Armor" than with no lights.

Cheers!

Double visor effect is installed.

img00013311.jpg

What an exhausting day!
img00013382.jpg

If I put 2 rare earth magnets into the thumb socket, I can get the gloves to hang over the chest's magnets... It sticks!.

img00013663.jpg

I love magnets!
img00013667.jpg

Better view of the visor.
picture_6.jpg

LOVE IT!
picture_7.jpg

Other Progress made: Cut slits into the side hose vents. Now lots of air can get in.
Glued in the helmet padding. Fits very nicely!
Cheers!

Awesome work man. This has inspired me to completely start over on my armor and do it right from the start now that I've learned so much.

I have a question about how you pepped your helmet: It appears that you used the HD helm by flyingsquirrel, am I correct? This is the one I am using, and I noticed those little detail cutouts such as the ones on the underside of the visor, and the backside of the neck. Once everything is resined and covered in Bondo, do these actually show up/add anything to the detail of the completed piece? I can't imagine they would and that I'd just carve them in with Bondo and the Dremel. If so, that'll save me some pepping in the long run.

Awesome work man. This has inspired me to completely start over on my armor and do it right from the start now that I've learned so much.

I have a question about how you pepped your helmet: It appears that you used the HD helm by flyingsquirrel, am I correct? This is the one I am using, and I noticed those little detail cutouts such as the ones on the underside of the visor, and the backside of the neck. Once everything is resined and covered in Bondo, do these actually show up/add anything to the detail of the completed piece? I can't imagine they would and that I'd just carve them in with Bondo and the Dremel. If so, that'll save me some pepping in the long run.

You are correct. It is the HD helm from flyingsquirrel.
Those floating detail pieces never got bondo'd... Honestly they did not need to be bondo'd. So I pepped them and attached/glued them to the helm. Then I applied the 1st coat of resin. Yes they do stick out enough to see that they are raised pieces. However, I'm not completly happy with them. I plan on gluing thin black foamies to them. Better texture and look.

Good luck with your build!

Cheers!

Coming from a long timer such as yourself, that means a lot to me. Thankyou SIR!!!!

--and--- I'm almost finished installing the speaker system!

I'm setting it up so that it can work off of my iPhone. So it can play mp3's --or-- it can act as a megaphone (free app).

I have a few pics of it, but no tutorial... this is just a feasability study for the "Cortana/Netbook" Modification.

Hoping to have some pics and possibly even a video of it, once its completed.

Stay tuned!

You are correct. It is the HD helm from flyingsquirrel.
Those floating detail pieces never got bondo'd... Honestly they did not need to be bondo'd. So I pepped them and attached/glued them to the helm. Then I applied the 1st coat of resin. Yes they do stick out enough to see that they are raised pieces. However, I'm not completly happy with them. I plan on gluing thin black foamies to them. Better texture and look.

Good luck with your build!

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, except I was thinking of something a little more solid/harder than foam under the visor. In some of the in-game reference shots, it almost looks like some kind of pleather-like material. What do you think? IDK, I'm probably over-thinking things at this point. Gotta get stuff pepped first, lol.

That visor is amazing. Good job, my friend. And I like the magnets in the gloves, lol. sweet. Keep up the work, and keep us posted!

What did you use to score/crease the folds before you cut them out. I've found this as my biggest prob. One more Q I have a pressure suit as well so for your set how much did you increase by to get the right fit.
New visor looks down right sexy

Darko.

What did you use to score/crease the folds before you cut them out. I've found this as my biggest prob. One more Q I have a pressure suit as well so for your set how much did you increase by to get the right fit.
New visor looks down right sexy

Darko.

I used a blue pen to crease the valleys and a red pen to crease the mountains. Then I used my exacto knife to score them. As for the sizing, I did not have to adjust the size of the suit to accomodate the pressure suit. It just happend to work out perfectly.
I like to visor too! Thanks!

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, except I was thinking of something a little more solid/harder than foam under the visor. In some of the in-game reference shots, it almost looks like some kind of pleather-like material. What do you think? IDK, I'm probably over-thinking things at this point. Gotta get stuff pepped first, lol.

I'm not sure what it really is, but hey never thought of the pleather material. Good option to consider! --- Cheers!

That visor is amazing. Good job, my friend. And I like the magnets in the gloves, lol. sweet. Keep up the work, and keep us posted!

I will! Thanks!

Hey Longshot, your website is awesome. I like the pizza drive. I wanna do that same thing, now, 'cept in my ODST armor. would be fun!

Hey Longshot, your website is awesome. I like the pizza drive. I wanna do that same thing, now, 'cept in my ODST armor. would be fun!

LOL.. I also went to the liquor store right after that. I'll post pics later. As for the website, It is getting very close to being renovated to accomodate all of the pics, tutorials, progress reports etc... I plan on keeping the theme the same, just a complete reorganization of the content throughout the whole site. I need to make it easier to navigate and not so long on the one page.

Quick progress update:
Sound system is almost finished. I have some tweaking to do with regards to the wiring to the helmet mic, but otherwise it sounds AWESOME. It can play MP3's from an mp3, iPod, iPhone, blackberry, netbook and such. I'm currently using my iPhone. The iPhone's "Megaphone" app turns the whole thing into a PA system. I plan on doing a video of how it all works and with it working.
I have also added Automotive Door Guard Trim to the edges of the high impact and rubbing parts. ie. bottom and top of the heals, inisde shoulder areas, back top of the shins, Neck opening. I'll take pics of them too.

Ahhh I like this leisurly pace... more time to tinker and tweak the suit.

Cheers!

Excellent work! I'll be digging through this thread once I start my builds. Great documentation.

Btw, I don't think that Master Chief would be a Sith! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back