LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Just plain awesome!
Are your thinking about trying the Double Visor?

If you need any tips for using the foam, You can hit me up any time.
A 6 from you would look Fantastic! But the true question is: What will the Wife think about another suit build?

Awesome! Just plain awesome!
Are your thinking about trying the Double Visor?

If you need any tips for using the foam, You can hit me up any time.
A 6 from you would look Fantastic! But the true question is: What will the Wife think about another suit build?

Thanks Jester! I have looked at your thread.... great progress... If I need tips, you'll be the 1st that I ask.

As for the double visor... yes I'd like to do it
As for the wife.... What wife? If I did have one... I'm sure she would want me to make one for her too!

Cheers!

lol, so festive! love the gift box

Me too! I just wish that I had my H3 Sniper Rifle with it. LOL

Quick update: New shop is 90% done. I just need to add more lighting and relocate a few power bars. I'm getting excited to do some halo related work.

:)

yay! 90% IS GOOD. sorry, CAPS lock was on..... So I pretty much figure this: It's up to you, of course, but since the NOBLE 6 is basically a MK V, you should do the REACH MK V with the same helmet attachments as the Master Chief's helmet, as seen in the last episode of Red vs Blue. Not that it's important at all, but the way my psycho little mind figures it, that would knock out two birds with one stone. Since the graphics are better in REACH then they were in HALO C.E., it's basically the same suit, right? So you could tell people it's either the HALO 1 Master Chief, or NOBLE 6. :) It's your choice, but I think that that would be cool. Good luck with it!

SUPRIZE!!!!! ---> FOAM MARK VI
For the last month or so, I have secretly been mentoring a friend with regards to making a Foam version of my Mark VI MJOLNIR armor.
We have been doing LOTS of experiments with the foam in the hopes to be able to come up with the best and easiest procedures to make such a suit. My intentions are to eventually make an UBER foam version of my suit.

The following pics are the results of our experiments and tests. Basically I'm calling this suit the tester suit. "GameMaster" (my mentee) has dubbed it "The Intimidator Spartan" because its so huge. It is being built to HIS size, not mine.

Can you tell which is Foam and which is Fiberglass?
The Shoulder, Forarm and Wrist plate is FOAM. The Helm and Torso are Fiberglass. Keep in mind that the Foam pieces are larger on me than on my friend.

img00020261.jpg

Ahh yes... the undersuit is in fact the Rubies undersuit. I just added a spine protector for the better looks.
img00020262.jpg

I wanted to paint the same colors and with the same techniques as I had done with my pepped version so that it could be possible to see a good comparision between a pepped fiberglass suit vs a foam suit. --- So far I'm very impressed!
img00020263.jpg

Here is a good shot of a Foam shoulder piece and the fiberglass forearm.
img00020272.jpg

Keep in mind that all of these foam bits are still our tester bits. Once we get some better skills and test results, I plan on making a 2nd foam suit for myself.
Some of the noticable differences that I have observed between the foam method and the Pepped method.

Peppekura and Fiberglass method
Materials are toxic (Fiberglassing)
Lots of sanding
Very expensive to make
Takes lots of labour to produce
Bondo cannot keep sharp crisp edges
Heavy in weight
Needs stronger strapping.

Foam
Cheap cost on materials
Can skip the Hardening, Fiberglass and Bondo stages.
Very little sanding.
Less time to produce (I figure about 1/2 the time)
More durable than the fiberglass/bondo (it does not chip)
Lighter!
Less strapping. In fact we figure Velcro is plenty strong for this.

More progress pics to come!

Cheers!

Looks very nice longshot! But where did you get the rubies undersuit?

Got it from eBay along with the Rubies Armor.... Sad... I know... I have a Rubies Armor.

But that's OK... I'll find more uses for it.

Cheers!

Looks pretty good. Are you making molds for the foam or are you sculpting it by hand?

Neither. Were using foam floor mats like the ones in the foam armor tutorial from Ben Streeper.
We cut them out then hot glue them together.

:)

Wow. Once again, Longshot, you humble us with your amazing resources and skills. Looks awesome, can't wait to see this one finished.

Ok... Its been quite a LOOOOOOOONG time since I posted here.

Hmmm... what to post?

I know! More PICS!

Got the small corner Studio up and running...

img00020579.jpg

Getting all geared up.

img00020585.jpg

Ahhh... some how THIS always happens to me. The Light Saber just keeps appearing in my hand!

img00020629.jpg

img00020634.jpg

I LOVE the way that the lighting looks in this!
img00020639.jpg

img00020645.jpg

To BE CONTINUED.
(I know... its more than a single post but I do hope that the mods will make an exception) :)

Continued here!

... the pics say it all. :)

img00020694.jpg

I really like this one.
img00020706.jpg

can anyone say "MOTIVATION"? :)
img00020719.jpg

A few close up shots.
img00020735.jpg

img00020740.jpg

Until Next time! (which will be soon)

Cheers!

Will you take my baby?

Dang dude! Words can't even begin to describe how awesome your armor is. My favorite has to be the LED light details. Really haven't seen people do that. It looks very professional!

All I have to say is WOW!!!:cool Your work is mind blowing. I am using most of the same files as you did for my CQB build. Thanks alot for making that website man, there are tons of helpful ideas and tips on there. You know, it still amazes me that we are able to make such awesome suits of armor from something as simple as a pile of cardstock. Keep up the fantastic work Longshot, I look forward to the updates!:D

I'm pretty sure I posted this before, but just in case:

Dear Longshot,

jawdrop1236883259.jpg

Sincerely,
Hickeydog.

Yup ya did. --AND-- I like it! :)
Speaking of which... I need to get some bunny ears, bunny teeth and a cotton ball. I wan't to dress up Chief for Easter!

All I have to say is WOW!!!:cool Your work is mind blowing. I am using most of the same files as you did for my CQB build. Thanks alot for making that website man, there are tons of helpful ideas and tips on there. You know, it still amazes me that we are able to make such awesome suits of armor from something as simple as a pile of cardstock. Keep up the fantastic work Longshot, I look forward to the updates!:D

Thanks! I checked out your progress... very good!

Great shots. This motivates me to finish my build.

You are most welcome! I can't wait to see the end results of your work too!

Will you take my baby?

Dang dude! Words can't even begin to describe how awesome your armor is. My favorite has to be the LED light details. Really haven't seen people do that. It looks very professional!

If its a Spartan baby... Perhaps! :p
Thanks for the Kudo's!

Thanks for all your postive comments!

As for me I'm now working on Gamemasters's foam Shotgun. Painting. Then I plan on hijacking his thread to post the progress pics. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31533-Sliced-Foam-H3-Shotgun-WIP

Cheers!

Dude! This is one of best WIP threads for the MKVI suit! Congrats on a job very well done! Love the LEDs, cooling and PA system too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back