LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
After careful review of this thread once more, I can confidently say: BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW!!!
Longshot you still rock, man.

Hmmm... It's been a while since I posted something good here. Now what to post?
I know! Another set of pics with a twist. Something that supports my local Hockey Team.

I present to you... The Canucks Chiefster Bunny!

You really should be at the Stanley Cup finals in that suite, Now that would be good fun to see.

I wish i was back in BC for this game, although i prefer Red Deer over Mission now.

That seriously one of the best MK IV suites around.

You really should be at the Stanley Cup finals in that suite, Now that would be good fun to see.

I wish i was back in BC for this game, although i prefer Red Deer over Mission now.

That seriously one of the best MK IV suites around.

LOL! I totally agree!!!!!! In fact, I was talking with my camera man about that idea a few days ago.

Yes. I want to go to a Canucks home game while wearing the suit. Chances are that security might not allow me in while wearing armor. I have sent Rogers Arena management asking if there are any concerns if I were to show up. (still waiting...) I'd hate to buy a ticket only to find out that I get denied entrance.

There are a few other ideas that have creeped into my busy mind:
1 - Hang around outside the arena for some great interaction. (weather permitting)
2 - Go to Abbotsford on South Fraser Way and interact with the fans. POST Game. (weather permitting) I'm more inclined to do this as its only a 15 min drive from here.
3 - Go to the CBC plaza and watch the game on the outdoor big screen. (again weather permitting)

Option #2 is more closer and reasonable to myself and my camera man.

On another note:

Vancouver is having a StarTrek Con in less than 2 weeks. I'm hoping to attend that along with my camera man.

Calgary is having a Comic Expo the following week. I already have passes to that, but no camera man. :(

PAX PRIME. Definitly going and trying to get a concensus of who from the 405th is going.

As for this project, I'm still working on my armor mods and I have lots of pics.... just no time to update my website and this thread.
Its' still a work in progress.
Pics coming soon.

Cheers!

Progress updates (June 8th)

Rewiring the Shin's

I love how the LED's turned out, but I was not happy with how power hungry it is. So I decided to change a few things. The current setup used a 9v battery system. Which works great and the LED's are super bright but only for a few hours, then they dim down and remain at that dim stat for the next 8 or so hours.

This pics shows the guts of the shins getting torn out (right shin)

im000547_(2).jpg

My solution was to use a lower voltage battery pack. Yet with the ability to still use a 9V system. I tried 3V - not happy with how dim the led's were. I tried 4.5V - still not happy with the brightness. Tried 6v - satisfactory.
This pic shows the 9V batteries installed along with the option to use 4 AA batteries (6V).

im000547.jpg

I did a duration test with the 6V system using fresh AA batteries. The LED's stay illuminated for approx 4 days with an acceptable brightness.
I repeated this process for the Thighs, Forarms and front chest piece. The rest of the pices do not have the room for the larger battery pack and will remain as a 9V system.

ELWIRE!!!!!
Not happy with having no light on the central part of the back of the suit. Specifically the spine area.

img00022508.jpg

Looking at the back of the undersuit, I noticed that small ventalation holes were placed in the spine protection parts of my "Hot Weather" undersuit. LOL it was so simple to thread the ELwire through them. It may not look perfect, but I can deal with straightning them out later.

im000548.jpg

Test fitting and turn on to see how it looks.

img00022705.jpg

Mounting the smartphone (my Cortana AI)
Played with some velcro straps and figured out how to temprarly mount my smartphone to the forarm.
This is has huge benefits as it removes the belt and wires from around my waist. It also means that I don't have to reach for the phone and pull it out from the belt pouch. Now its all clean and tidy on my forearm. (well almost) I stll need to disguise the straps and holder so that it blends in better.

img00022708.jpg

The phone has 3 primary functions when connected to the torso's audio system:
PA system (a mic runs up to the helm)
MP3 player (plays halo tunes and some combat chatter)
Can answer the phone.

img00022709.jpg

The phone is also constantly being charged by the torso's internal battery pack. Its the same battery pack that powers the 5 watt speaker system.
This pic shows the inside back of the torso. You can see that there are 4 speakers in this. 2 forward facing and 2 rear facing.
(click here for a larger view)
dsc_0038.jpg

Everything is more or less dressed for a better cleaner view.
(click here for a larger view)
dsc_0039.jpg

More indepth descriptons and pics coming soon. Getting things ready for the Vancouver Star Trek Con this Sunday

Cheers!

It's so purdy! I can't wait to see that el lit up with the rest of the armor on.

Holy cow. You have done a lot of extra stuff to your suit. When will you add the shields? lol

Yup. Still more "extra stuff" to do too!
I'm still working out the details on the "Shields". More specifically the regenerating part of it. :)

@PCL029: "Me too! Me too!"

It's so purdy! I can't wait to see that el lit up with the rest of the armor on.

Hmmmm... That is going to get done tomorrow. Complete donning of the suit with all lights going. Then some nice low light room photo shoots. I'm hoping for some UBER pics to post.

:)

Hmmmm... That is going to get done tomorrow. Complete donning of the suit with all lights going. Then some nice low light room photo shoots. I'm hoping for some UBER pics to post.

Oh yeah!!! (Rubs hands together with anticipation):D

June 9th Updates

Ahhhhhhh..... Another update. Love IT!

Re-weaved the ELwire into the back of the summer undersuit. Removed the lower portion of the ELwire as it was getting "rubbed" the wrong way from the back plate.

You can click on all of these images for a larger view.

Rear view. All LED's are running. ELwire is on.
img00022774.jpg

Rear full body shot. Still digging that unfinished shotgun.
img00022779.jpg

1st full test with "Cortana MK I" (smart phone)
img00022791.jpg

I LOVE how nice this LOOKS!
img00022793.jpg

Comparing the color of the ELwire vs Light Saber
img00022890.jpg

Front view of "Darth Chief"
img00022905.jpg

UH OH!
img00022816.jpg

I think I have to go!
img00022817.jpg

Spartan LongShot Going AFK ! :)
img00022907.jpg

Sorry I took so long.
img00022942.jpg

Having this mod is just too cool! So much easier to operate the device.
img00022920.jpg

Still to do:

Blend in the forearm attachment to the forearm
Download some combat chatter mp3's
Rework the mp3 set list
Download some voice changer apps
Then take some VIDS!!!!

Until Next Time!
img00022978.jpg

Click to view the low res complete Photo Roll
img00022715.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Longshot, I have a copy of that paper in my possession, it has a color photo of you and your mate in it. Let me know if you want it.

Longshot, I have a copy of that paper in my possession, it has a color photo of you and your mate in it. Let me know if you want it.

That would be Awesome! Yes, if you can, hang on to it and bring it when we meet. That other guy is my camera man. GameMaster. He's wearing the Jersey that I used for the "The Canucks Chiefster Bunny"
He took some fantastic pics and even some really good HD videos (to be posted to youtube later).

Longshot you rock man........... and your new lighting effects.. well lets just say IM jealous can't wait to see your next update post

I know how you feel. I bet its the same feeling I got when I looked at DogWizard's Armor and his lighting effects.
I'll be posting the update in the next 2 days, before I leave for the Calgary Comic Con. ---> for more Uber Pics

Nice one GameMaster! That one is my fav out of all the ones that we took.
You beet me to posting the video too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back