The Traveling Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Hi Guys,
I recently came up with a idea of having a Reach Helmet fully finished and sending it across the country, going from member to member with each member signing the helmet and passing it on to another member of the 405th. After the Helmet has made it's journey I will send it to Bungie as a thanks from as many of the 405th members names we can get on the helmet to give to them. I will be starting the build on the pep helmet or I will be buying a Smoothcast raw helmet if someone has one, and I will detailing it to the extremes, putting a dual visor into it and then it will begin it's journey.If you are intrested in this you can say you want to do it, what will be required is I will start by mailing it to the first person, they will put thier username on the helmet then they will mail it off to the next person on the list of names try to keep it as small as possible. If intrested just post in this thread and I will start the name list.

Follow On Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=137975382894163&ref=nf

Name List
Sean Bradley - PA
Nintendude - AR (Signing for Perceptor)
Penutbuttrbandt - KS
Shadowshail - WY
Turtle509 - IA
Corby - CO
Ruze789 - NH
Lordzoabar - GA
DylanMarx - IN
Seaninja - MS
gmstrowabarton - NC
TH3 FETT MAN - MO (Signing for Jico and Sindreive from Norway)
Shade88 - MD
Kasper - TN (Signing for Phixix)
Goosebot 5000 - AL
WhiteNinja1990 - AL
Rhinoc - OH
Mks81 - OH
Leda - WA
Kupokitty - WA
Road Kill - CA
MCHammertime - CA
Colinmon22 - CA
Thorssoli - CA
HeavyGunner -TX
SchizophrenicMC -TX
Project003 -TX
Brandon McClain - UT
M^X - UT
{Cortana - WI
RadioactiveMicrobe - WI
RPFNoodle - WI
Alex Spartan 117 - FL
Diaryboy - FL
AGuardian - FL
The King Cobra - FL
Fuzzy B. - FL
Neoproks - FL

Canadian Member List
sdhoigt - Ottawa
DevilFish101 - Ottawa
Longshot-X - BC
Devious - BC
Spraynoob - Toronto
H1rg0n - Alberta
JihR2 - Alberta
B1ahh - Ontario
Xtreme Tactics 101 - Ontario
MilkyVengance - Ontario

seems like a great idea Hope everybody is willing to pay the shipping :) But i got my doubts at new people eager to have it sended to them. Maybe you should do veterans only ;) Just incase someone forgets to ship...

Sharpie will be included with the helmet that will be travelling, this will be presented to Bungie on the date of the Halo Reach Release. Good Idea Rundown this will be for Veterans of the 405th only. Please let me know if you want added to the list otherwise I won't know when you post if you do or don't want added.

Count me in, great idea!!!

Lemme know if you want a ODST to travel with the Chief.. seems appropriate!

Will it be sent to Canada, or do we get left out?

I think this is a great idea, and I can't wait to see the finished product.

P.S. I'm game if you want to go international.

I got you added Sean, I don't know whether to add you Alex or Rundown can you let me know. Also a ODST Helm does sound good Sean but we may do that after this one since the shipping may not look good for 2 helmets for each person to send.

Count me in, great idea!!!

Lemme know if you want a ODST to travel with the Chief.. seems appropriate!

Some protection for the chief LOL
Also I think it will be better if put a limit in the writing.
Because knowing some people, they will write a freakin paragraph in the helmet :p

EDIT: Sure add me :)
I want to show bungie, I love them <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down with this. Count me in as well. Cash flow for me is a bit meager, but I'm sure I can scrounge up a few dollars to ship ground. :D I think we should do this soon so it can be a kind of "Pre-Reach" present to Bungie. Also, getting a helmet donated would probably be best, making one would take a lot of time.

P.S. I'm game if you want to go international.

I'm not a veteran.. in fact, i'm still a noob on all this, but I am very grateful to 405th.com, because opened to me a whole new world from creating things just form paper to something, that I really like and I do want to do, that I can use and feel a bit like a hero, until met o start on 3d modeling for noobs to how to use materials to shape things in my mind, to create dreams and illusions of my mind to real life and I think that was so for many, starting with my nephews who are excited about seeing me give life to your video game hero favourite

So if ever this or these helmets travel to Mexico will be more than happy to sign and return to thank everyone who made this possible and the creators of the idea .. Bungie

I would like to be part but Belgium customs is a pain :/ They holded my member of the month prize for 2 months -_-

Ok I will add Alex, Corby and HeavyGunner to the list, I'm not real sure about international people I will leave that desicion to a moderator or Adam if they should be included. I agree with you HeavyGunner if someone wants to donate a raw cast MC Helmet to me I'll do all the trimming, detailing, LED's and the visor work to it and then we can start this going ASAP, I'm also going to start building the Pep Helmet just in case since I am a fast builder and slushcast the inside with a few coats of resin enough to hide all the tabs over fiberglassing the inside. As for your comment Alex about people may try to put a paragraph down on it as I stated in the OP only the persons Username will be put on the helmet.

You might want to find out how much shipping will cost on it -or maybe one of the guys who ships helmets regularly can chime in- and add it to the first post and make it clear each person needs to pay shipping.
I could possibly see overeager people getting added to the list but not coughing up the cash to get it shipped back out quickly and that could be a big problem.

I think international shipping is a bad idea, as much as international members would love to get in on it. I've seen a ton of customs horror stories on the RPF and sometimes things are held up for months, never make it, or are destroyed during inspection. Better to leave that part of uncertainty out of it.

Also, I'd in :)

Thanks for commenting in Ruze with that unfortnuatly international members will not be able to be involved. And agreed if someone could post in what the average cost for a finished helmet to be mailed is that would be great.

such a cool idea, definitely interested!

EDIT: I also propose you post pics of your sig and you wearing it once you get it!

I have always wanted to send something to Bungie :p
what if we did a US and then Canadian members thing because it would be quite expensive shipping it back and forth between continents.
oh, and if you like, count me in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back