Dawn Under Heaven - Fan Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Hope you all have had a great summer. We've got a lot to talk about from Halo 4 to our latest work. New Viblog!

Last edited by a moderator:
Workshop 3.0
467268_503624956369946_1870951698_o_zps18d57cf1.jpg

977227_503659153033193_1426120005_o_zpsf2a6f6c0.jpg

467268_503624966369945_386410969_o_zpsd8009785.jpg

976649_503625353036573_2056458878_o_zpsfe11b902.jpg

467268_503624959703279_297042286_o_zps0ac4bf0d.jpg

467268_503624963036612_348563418_o_zps357a1a5e.jpg

IMG_0416_zpsd1368b82.jpg

The men and women of Delta Company served in the 106th Infantry Division stationed at planet Reach, and reported to the UNSC Frigate Riviera on away missions. Their regiment was known for aiding in the transportation of civilians during mass evacuations. In the spring of 2552 their battle-group returned to Reach for a planned five month interval to re-arm and train replacements. Three weeks before their scheduled departure Reach was glassed by the Covenant.

#theDawniscoming​

That prelude.

There's only a couple of things that I'm not so sure on.
-During the first shot of the artifact, the glyph appears to 'slide' a bit - like it had been chroma'd/alpha'd on, but not matched to the movements quite right.
-Not so keen on the Superintendent / Trooper HUDs - they could be a lot more detailed. Not sure if the Trooper HUD actually needs the timecode element up the top left.
-The Scarab and Pelican don't cast shadows. This is a bit of an issue, and hopefully shouldn't happen/be there in the final cut.

Those are literally the only complaints I have. Armour, shot placement/cinematography, music and other VFX/SFX were all really well done!

Can't wait to see the final product!
MS7

I really cannot wait for these to be finished and slowly get released.. Look very interesting. Not bad for a first shot prelude! Can only get better and better! This has my support! :)

That prelude.

There's only a couple of things that I'm not so sure on.
-During the first shot of the artifact, the glyph appears to 'slide' a bit - like it had been chroma'd/alpha'd on, but not matched to the movements quite right.
-Not so keen on the Superintendent / Trooper HUDs - they could be a lot more detailed. Not sure if the Trooper HUD actually needs the timecode element up the top left.
-The Scarab and Pelican don't cast shadows. This is a bit of an issue, and hopefully shouldn't happen/be there in the final cut.

Those are literally the only complaints I have. Armour, shot placement/cinematography, music and other VFX/SFX were all really well done!

Can't wait to see the final product!
MS7

I couldn't agree more MissingSpartan. Those are some great points, and ones that we had to make peace with for the time being. As we move forward our commitment to detail and production value will only get better as we learn more about creating dramatic and beautiful visual FX. Couldn't hurt for us to enlist a few people too ;)

Thanks for the support!

I couldn't agree more MissingSpartan. Those are some great points, and ones that we had to make peace with for the time being. As we move forward our commitment to detail and production value will only get better as we learn more about creating dramatic and beautiful visual FX. Couldn't hurt for us to enlist a few people too ;)

Thanks for the support!
Yeah, being part of a production team occasionally means you get a bit 'polarised', and can't quite look at the project from an outside perspective. Know what that's like.

Does enlistment hurt? Or is that conscription I'm thinking of?

Well... I might know a thing or two about HUDs. (my dA gallery says otherwise...) What kind of look/feel are you going for?
These aren't really a problem for me (time-wise), I've gotten really quick at vectoring - plus I've got a whole bunch already built.
I might be able to help a little bit with the 3d side, depending on what software you're using - but already have a lot of work to do in that area thanks to doing a graphic/games design course.

MS7

Saw the prelude and met you guys at RTX. It's looking great, and I hope your film doesn't fall off the way many others have. It seems like too few of them ever come to fruition.

And remember, if you have any canon/continuity questions about the Halo-verse, I'm your gal.

seen you guys went to the film showing at RTX put in dawn and seen the others(some I haven't heard of) but next year I hope you guys will have something else to show besides dawn because lets face if Hollywood and 343 need us more then they think, I just hope all of us film people get on TV some day.

Excited to see your project come to full fruition...we just finished a pretty sweet LIVE ACTION HALO FILM. Making a sequel soon too.

Omg this looks absolutely amazing! I cannot wait to see more when it is finished. Keep it up, you are doing a great job with the film. I am so jealous as I don't know anyone who makes costumes let alone does this kind of stuff! Would be something I'd love to be apart of someday :D

Hey guys! It's been a long time since we've posted on this thread with any fervor.
But we're back with another ViBlog! The summer workshop is open and we're testing out our new camera with some miniature rigs (using a Lego starship for now)

Check it out!

Glad to see this project is still alive. It seems like too many Halo fan films just die off. Keep working at it! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back