How to Scale Your Armour- Tutorial V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the short lesson, but does the mean scalling will be different for each armor/helmet PEP design? How do I know where to find a picture of someone wearing the armor I'm going to build? Or do i just keep it simple and look for pictures of Mark IV or Mark V, ect and not worry about the actual PEP design?

Ok, I was thinking about the tutorial while in the bathroom (best thinking time) and just realized the pep design doesn't even matter in figuring my size. It's the picture is just to get a a scale size out how big the gear should be on me (in mm). The pep is mesured in mm so duh. I was thinking of scaling issues from old CAD stuff where it was measured in "units".

To avoid the common question regarding when I will post the other two methods, I have posted the older versions of Methods number two and three. I’ll be posting the edited versions later when I have time to finish editing. The tutorial will remain under construction after I post the edited methods so I can fix the formatting to make things a little easier to follow.

So, enjoy the re-posting of the methods, and I’ll do my best to get the edited versions up ASAP.

Stay frosty,

Jake
Xtreme TACTICS 101

Quick question (because I couln't find the answer in your FAQ): I only have that latest version of pepakura viewer downloaded, can I scale armor on that program in any way or do I need pepakura designer?
Thanks, NayrDeathExperience

My question is, could I use all three methods to scale each individual piece of armor if I don't plan to use one specific type of armor? The reason behind my asking is because I plan to make my armor based on the armor I have on the game halo reach. I have equipped my game character with the ODST helmet and shoulder armor while the rest of the armor is the base armor that you start off with.

I would like to use my first post *waves to all* to swear my undying loyalty to the creator of this thread, who is indeed a prince among men.

This cleared up an incredible amount of confusion, and was the most helpful and comprehensive tutorials I've read for someone just starting with Pep (such as myself). And thanks for the simple ordered list, that's something other tutorials have overlooked but is an awesome starting point.

When i know when a part is too big or to small ??? i may explain myself, well im making and odst suit using first the weta team files and now changed to Hugs files, but i have a problem im using extremtactics scaling tutorial and still cant get the "rigth size" how much the parts are going to make bigger in the inside when i aply the fibre glass on them i hope this post be understable :p

so i just get all the measure necesarry if some one can help help me whit the scaling ill be very grateful
Untitled.png

Hi Team

New to 405th, but not HALO... Big shout for the creation of this thread, JujubeeSeas said it the best :

This cleared up an incredible amount of confusion, and was the most helpful and comprehensive tutorials I've read for someone just starting with Pep (such as myself). And thanks for the simple ordered list, that's something other tutorials have overlooked but is an awesome starting point.

Cheers once again :D

Just finished my first MK VI helmet - 2 days from print off to fully peppered lol

Hey guys,

I'm working on a low-def Mark VI build and I'm getting to the point that i'ts time to make the chest piece (I'm using Robogenesis' file).

Now, I've successfully scaled every other part of the armor, but there's something about the chest pieces that confuses me. They have no dominant axis, so I'm not confident that the dimensions in Pepakura labeled "H", "W", and "D" actually correspond to the hieght, width, and depth of that piece.

For example, in Flyingsquirrel's HD torso, the defaults dimensions are as follows:

H: 460 mm
W: 429 mm
D: 439 mm

So the height is the largest dimension, width is the smallest, and depth is in between.

Now if we look at Robo's LD torso, the default dimensions are:

H: 506 mm
W: 491 mm
D: 475 mm

This time, height is still the largest dimension, but depth is now the smallest, and width is in between.

So which is correct? I'm worried that if I input my body's width measurement for the LD one, it will actually be the depth one, and vice versa. I hope I'm making sense, as I want to get the scaling right the first time on the chest piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back