How to Scale Your Armour- Tutorial V.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for a child which would be the most effective method? I would appreciate any advice
If it's for a child, try checking out the scale tutorial I made. The link is in my signature. It might be better to just measure the child to get the sizes needed for the armor pieces. :)

Thank you
this is the most useful guide I have found so far and proof to everyone in school that maths is useful in real life (well halo life at least)
thanks again, I'll be directing all of my friends here in future
You are a Hero among Us Noobs

This is the pic im using to scale my MK VI Armor build

or visit my deviantart page.. look for sprtan137

Excellent thread, clear and step by step instruction, just perfect, thanks very much Xtreme (taking off my hat and making a deep bow)

Halo mark VI armour

Hi I'm a woman wanting to make this armour but change it slightly.. will these measuring methods still work for me ? And if it is, is that supplied picture okay to scale to mark vi

Hi I'm a woman wanting to make this armour but change it slightly.. will these measuring methods still work for me ? And if it is, is that supplied picture okay to scale to mark vi

It’s still very close to the method I used and just started a chest piece for my son out of the EVA foam and it requires minor modification to the width and depth .What type of modifications are you thinking about? This is a very good way to scale from and when in doubt before you start an entire file sometimes I make a very rough cardboard cutout to quickly make sure that it fits . Good luck, post your wip when you start

I know this is an old thread... BUT it's a very helpful thread and deserves it's right to be *stickied*. I will be getting Pepakura designer 3 sometime in the near future and this thread will help me a lot. Thanks Xtreme Tactics 101 for starting this!

Hi and thank you for the tutorials. I have a couple of questions tho. I am using method 1 and making a Halo 4 Master Chief out of foam. I am right about 6ft 2in and I am trying figure out when I convert that to cm if I should add 5c m or more. I am 24 so I don't think I will be growing anymore. I am using this image and I have it measured out to 20.7 cm. My last question that I can think of is for the chest armor do I measure from the bottom to the shoulders or to the end of the armor on the shoulders? Thanks again for the help.

Halo-4-Master-Chief-1_zpsdd5d880f.jpg

Models with floaties are bleh. I'd take it to a 3d modeling program and just delete them and rescale it. Any floats you can build better with tape and bondo anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back