Where do I get Clay, Silicon, Plastic, FaceShields etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a great idea Adam haha.

Might wanna sticky it.

I'll add more links once I get back from my kayak trip with my youth group tommorow. ;-)

Im fixing to order some clay. Im guessing that the "hard" clay would stand up best to the molding process, but might be a bit hard to work with. Allthough i've never worked with clay, so anyone with any input ?

softer the clay, the easier to shape - harder the clay, the better the details show up.

I got soft myself

What hardness of clay do I use for making a 2 part mold? (Making the mold, not sculpting the piece I want molded.)

And how many pounds do I need for a pistol sized mold?

It'll work just fine. There are many suppliers out there... search for "HJC Replacement Facshields" on Google , and hunt down the best price.

I've bought from Helmets Ect, Rockhead Bikes, and Sandhill Powersports.... but you can also find these on ebay.

Sean Bradley said:
It'll work just fine. There are many suppliers out there... search for "HJC Replacement Facshields" on Google , and hunt down the best price.

I've bought from Helmets Ect, Rockhead Bikes, and Sandhill Powersports.... but you can also find these on ebay.

nice fan from here its actually mean for masks and easy installation http://www.protopaintball.com/productsmain.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I'm in deep now. I just ordered 600+ dollars worth of silicone, and urethane plastics.

Im hoping to have my pistol molded and cast before the H3 launch to go with my suit that hopefully will be done by then as well...

:eek:

One thing I never got around to buy was clay. Is it reuseable after casts or is it a one time thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back