Where do I get Clay, Silicon, Plastic, FaceShields etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, this is such a necropost, ugh. Sorry everyone!

I have a quick question regarding moldmaking- what do I use?

I understand how to do everything, how to make the mold, how to cast, all of it. But I'm not quite clear on the materials, so I'd like an expet's advice, as there is no "help!" thread about it and I've seen everything used. For the mold itself, which is better, Rebound or Dragonskin? And then which one of the series? For the thickener, I'm sure Thi-Vex is what I should use, but please correct me! For the release agent, I'm pretty sure Ease Release 200, but again, please correct me! For casting, I'm also sure of Smoothcast 300, but please correct me.

Thank you for the help, I promise that by summer, I'll have been molding and I'll be able to show you guys!

Pretty much all Links broken ...

That'll happen when a thread's been dead for about three years. Thanks for the heads-up, but for threads older than three months or so we generally discourage posting in them.

If you have any issues in the future, feel free to shoot a Staff member a PM informing them of an issue - likelihood is we can't restore those links, but knowing there's an issue means we could potentially do something about it and look up some alternative resources to supplement/replace the dead links.

Good luck with your builds!

For some reason I can not access the face shield link it just times out. Any new links available?

So while the link for face shield's doesn't work I was able to copy the link and place it into a browser and find the direct website. After going there I found they do have face shields but they are a little pricey but good quality since they are made for every day helmets. I slightly cheaper options which I am going to try out and update you on is helmets from amazon (link below). I am also going to stop by hobby lobby this weekend and see what kind of translucent plastics they have. I will update the post on what I can find.

Amazon.com: Disguise Men's Master Chief Adult Full Helmet Costume Accessory, Green, One Size: Clothing

Ok so I have been all over town and have yet to find anything that will work for a visor that looks good. Hobby lobby has some plastic sheets but not in color, for some reason they now only carry clear. That works if your using like a gold window tint but I don't really like it. The helmet from the link above came in and actually looks really good. I think I may end up using it until I complete a helmet build of my own before I remove the visor from it and install it in my own. Its a 1 piece helmet that is made out of a hard rubber material. The visor is one piece and glued in really nice can't see into it but you can see out even though it gives everything a gold tint. My advice is pick one up and either mod it to your liking with lights and extra padding or just for the visor alone but don't take it apart until your build helmet is exactly the way you want it.

I doubt Adam is going to update this. Lol.

GammaGoboy - are you looking for clay or just pointing out the dead link?

Thank you, Ranger, but we are aware that this 12 year old post has dead links. Please be mindful of the date before posting a reply.
Not trying to sound intrusive or disrespectful, but I'm sure randomranger understands necroposting, but was just trying to be helpful a d that the links were not working. Now the whole reason I am a bothering to write this part is to maybe have you clarify this to me, but in the tutorial index you wrote that we can feel free to comment on tutorials as they are not supposed to die a d maybe other forum users can respond on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back