The Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all the Gundam stuff.

I've build a few kits , but I like the Strike PG kit and the MG wing gundam best.

The new Unicorn episode also looks very interesting...

I am a gundam fan I have watched all the series that have come out in japan XD. I have made a Kira Yamato Fight suit for one of the convention I have gone to

I love all the Gundam stuff.

I've build a few kits , but I like the Strike PG kit and the MG wing gundam best.

The new Unicorn episode also looks very interesting...
I like the PG Strike a lot, and the entire MG CE line is well-designed. I haven't gotten a MG Wing 2.0 yet, but the 1.0 is inferior to newer kits.
I am a gundam fan I have watched all the series that have come out in japan XD. I have made a Kira Yamato Fight suit for one of the convention I have gone to
Awesome. I've always wanted to make that suit.

Gundam all the way! i started with Gundam Wing and then the movie Endless Waltz. I love Deathscythe, Heavyarms, Freedom, and pretty much all the gundam from SEED, SEED Destiny, 00, and 00 s2.

I have plans on making some Gundams later down the road but Halo came first...too bad...

Anyone here know the Master Grade Ground Gundam? Especially significant because, 10 years ago, it was the first MG capable of a kneel?

Well, anyway, that kneel is really feeble, especially when compared to today's Master Grades. Even more so when the Gundam's signature pose has it on it's knee with a 180mm cannon.

And that's why I plan on buying another one when I'm done with this suit of armor, and modifying it to make it actually kneel.

so does anyone have a full gundam pdo i have the RX-78 head arms gun shield and chest but i cant find the cod thighs calf and feet or any other files for other gundams if you have them pls send to saviourtears@hotmail.com i will build it and post all my progress

Anyone here know the Master Grade Ground Gundam? Especially significant because, 10 years ago, it was the first MG capable of a kneel?

Well, anyway, that kneel is really feeble, especially when compared to today's Master Grades. Even more so when the Gundam's signature pose has it on it's knee with a 180mm cannon.

And that's why I plan on buying another one when I'm done with this suit of armor, and modifying it to make it actually kneel.

Has it really been 10 years? I remember it coming out in like 2004 to all the US distributors. I got my PG Wing Zero before it. As a model kit guy, have you ever seen the 08th episode of Genshiken? There's lots of gunpla culture love there. You'll laugh and cry.

BTW- have you ever tried the weighting trick when putting together kits? You take some plumbers putty and stuff the lower legs to add weight and lower the center of gravity. Very good for posing them.

As for Gundam, my favorite is also the RX-79G. Regular soldiers with pretty regular machines, that's how I love Gundam the most. Still my favorite mobile suit is the Zaku II if for nothing more than it usually had experienced pilots in it that pushed it to the limit when everything they were up against later on really outclassed them.

08th.jpg

Has it really been 10 years? I remember it coming out in like 2004 to all the US distributors. I got my PG Wing Zero before it. As a model kit guy, have you ever seen the 08th episode of Genshiken? There's lots of gunpla culture love there. You'll laugh and cry.

BTW- have you ever tried the weighting trick when putting together kits? You take some plumbers putty and stuff the lower legs to add weight and lower the center of gravity. Very good for posing them.

As for Gundam, my favorite is also the RX-79G. Regular soldiers with pretty regular machines, that's how I love Gundam the most. Still my favorite mobile suit is the Zaku II if for nothing more than it usually had experienced pilots in it that pushed it to the limit when everything they were up against later on really outclassed them.

08th.jpg
10 years since the JP release, but yeah, it's only been 5 or 6 since the US release. (One of few to officially be part of the US market, as I recall)

I was overjoyed, yesterday. I found my Ground Gundam's head crest, meaning I can once more have the V-fin attached!

I really like the Zekes, too. My favorite's probably the Shin Matsunaga kai, just because of the awesome color scheme and the fact that S. Matsunaga was well into his career (As old as or older than Ramba Ral) and wasn't a Newtype. The local hobby store has the Ver.2.0 release of his Zaku. I wants it.

And, what I meant was the fact that -79[G]'s knees don't bend far. If you ask me, it's a very-well-balanced kit. I can even have the backpack on, with the 180 inside, and it'll hold most poses. Now, a poorly-balanced kit is RX-78-5 Gundam G05. It's nigh upon impossible to pose it with the gatling cannon.

Another gundam fan chiming in. I love the 8th MS team. I love it when they made it more militarized and realistic. My fav gundams would have to be the GP01, Kampfer, DOM and the RX78. Classics

I've seen costumers in beautiful gundam suits. Wearing ODST armor is clunky enuf for me. I always wonder how they manage in those suits that they wear. Also with the sizes of the suits, how on earth do they transport them without the suits getting damaged? lol

I've always wanted to make a Gundam costume... If I can find a good Ground Gundam set of 3D models, I'm goin' for it. Motorized hatch and crane, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back