Strenghts of many methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallard

*Before thinking of all the otherthreads related to airsoft or paintball equipment I'd like to note that this will NOT be a piece of safety equipment but more of a prop used to reflect bb's r paintballs*

The prop i decided to build for my friend was a custom riot shield that would provide a more wide range of view so and ive been wondering what would be the strongest material so that it wouldnt break when hit (i.e.- rondo fiberglass, other methods).

The piece is being resined as you read, so I'll be ready for the decision when any posts have been made.

The dimensions are 4ft by 2ft, and keep in mind that the shield should be fairly light and not over 10 pounds.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
The best way i could think of to make a riot shield is to go buy a large peice of plexiglass, make a curved, wooden bracing to attach to it, maybe multiple ones for top and bottom, to make the radius, and add a handle. making something like that from fiberglass would be very warped and brittle., extremely hard to smooth, and heavy as anything. Plexiglass is a strong, crystal clear, common plastic that can be bought at many thicknesses and sizes from many places.

Well Ive got it fiberglassed right now, and it seems very strong. I might add a thin layer of rondo on the top of the fiberglass to smooth and strengthen it, or fiberglass both sides. Im not going for the all clear version because I tink it looks quite tacky. I thought of taking some small 1/8" thick pieces of ply wood to support the inside (the outside was fiberglassed) Once the fiberglass is ready and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back