Halo Reach Sniper Rifle WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but I put this in the Weapons and props area and it "magically" disappeared...

No one commented on it anyways, so here you guys go!

It is a solid block or resin that weighs 5 pounds...
P7170234.jpg

P7170235.jpg

Hope you liked it:D! Please Comment and Criticize bellow V! Thanks;)

I don't know why but I thought that people would actually be interested in seeing the first actual resin construction of the Reach Sniper Rifle, I am the farthest in building this from the pep and am in the resining and sanding stage already!

And this has only been viewed by a few people, but no one takes the time to comment! It just frustrates me that every time I post something I never get any responses!!!

*Not Meant to Bump, but to throw my thoughts out without making new Topic...*

Dont feel discouraged if nobody commentson your work! It doesnt mean that nobody has seen it and nobody cares, its just that people dont take the time to reply to most of the threads they look at. It happens to most people (including myself)!!

The piece you have complete shows some good pepping skills and some real dedication to doing something you want and if people dont reply, so what? Youll have yourself an awesome sniper and theyll have missed out on learning frm your progrss.

To the Sniper!!
It looks good! I was planning on making this a long time ago when it first came out but it looked way too challenging. Its good to see some dedication around the forums every once an a while!

Are you planning on filling the entire think with resin? I would work if you plan on molding it, but carrying solid resin would get extremely tiring after a while.

Keep it up!

Yeah. I just now noticed this thread but from what is see, you are off to a good start. I would cut away some areas on the grip to help achieve the angular and multi piece appearance. But good work so far. . .

Dont feel discouraged if nobody commentson your work! It doesnt mean that nobody has seen it and nobody cares, its just that people dont take the time to reply to most of the threads they look at. It happens to most people (including myself)!!

The piece you have complete shows some good pepping skills and some real dedication to doing something you want and if people dont reply, so what? Youll have yourself an awesome sniper and theyll have missed out on learning frm your progrss.

To the Sniper!!
It looks good! I was planning on making this a long time ago when it first came out but it looked way too challenging. Its good to see some dedication around the forums every once an a while!

Are you planning on filling the entire think with resin? I would work if you plan on molding it, but carrying solid resin would get extremely tiring after a while.

Keep it up!
Thank you for the encouragement and actually taking the time to write a well thought out reply...
I am going to make a mold of it and plan on selling it, I will not make the whole thing solid resin, maybe with the master build, but that would only be so I can sculpt and sand it cause my resining skills are crap but I can sculpt with my Dremel and sand paper to make it as game accurate as possible...

When I do mold it I will have the piece fairly thick because I plan on having it so you can dissemble it to the individual piece for better storage and transport/shipping.
I am trying to put together a system of rails and bolts to have it snugly fit, I'll make some sketches to put up soon :)

Yeah. I just now noticed this thread but from what is see, you are off to a good start. I would cut away some areas on the grip to help achieve the angular and multi piece appearance. But good work so far. . .

I just bondoed (a paste with equal consistency and properties, made out of Aqua Resin)the grip and was sanding it back to shape but night fell on top of me...

Well take your time on this to make it really stand out!! And i dont know if youve seen LeeKeegans Reach Sniper or his other sniper but he uses a wide assortments of things to put them together. And I think this build is inspiring me to start my own... maybe a brute-shot??:D

Ill definately be watching this to help out as much as my knowledge can!

BTW how did you keep the paper from warping when you filled up with resin??? Im still baffled by this!!

To be honest, I took a whole day to fill it up little by little, I did do a very thin layer of resin on the out side, but that was no help...

I have seen Lee's Sniper, and that's why in my anger rant I was very careful with word placement, and how I said resin build :)

Your awesome man, thanks for all your help! :D

No problem! I enjoy seeing weapon builds! And if it was all resin how long did it take to cure inside?

Since Aqua Resin is water based, it heated up to maybe 85 degrees Fahrenheit, and lasted for maybe an hour... but that was each layer, and there are about 15 layers and that was done in a day...

Since Aqua Resin is water based, it heated up to maybe 85 degrees Fahrenheit, and lasted for maybe an hour... but that was each layer, and there are about 15 layers and that was done in a day...

Okay. I started my brute shot last night and I think I'm gonna rondo the inside for a more sandable consistency and it cures in 15-25 minutes. I'll start a thread for it today when I get a bit more completed and maybe we can bounce ideas off of one another.

Okay. I started my brute shot last night and I think I'm gonna rondo the inside for a more sandable consistency and it cures in 15-25 minutes. I'll start a thread for it today when I get a bit more completed and maybe we can bounce ideas off of one another.

Cool, that sound awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back