bobbio555's ODST WIP: 2nd Attempt (Pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbio555

bobbio555's Finished ODST (Pic Heavy)

Hello all, it is I, bobbio555. You may remember my WIP from about a year ago, wherein I completely messed everything up and gave up.
None of that this time around, I assure you.
Now to the progress. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Wait...Okay, for some reason, some of the pics are huge, and some normal. Oh well.
DSC00117.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

Pep finished
DSC00125.jpg

This one... Gleh...I'm not proud of it. At this point, I'd begun to paint it, to see what it'd look like, and ended up leaving it in my backpack, at which point the top shifted slightly, killing it's near perfect symmetry. I debated whether to restart or not, and decided for now, I'd keep going with what I've got.
DSC00058.jpg

You can't really see from the photo, but the shoulder is kind of...huge...
DSC00121.jpg

Chest pieces...
DSC00122.jpg

Giant shoulder with attachment
DSC00123.jpg

Small shoulder with attachment
DSC00120.jpg

Left (finished) forearm
DSC00119.jpg

Everything.
More updates to come. Let me know what you think :)
And, everything's done.
DSC_0576.jpg

Bumpity bumpity double post! Righto, let's get to the updates.
IMG_0004.jpg

New helmet in the works, not too much progress on that, decided to get the cheek vents perfect, and ended up redoing that section about 5 times.
IMG_0003.jpg

The several faces of Satan. As much I love meleck's unfold of the helmet, it's just completely unrealistic to expect it to look good. I ended up editing the model in pepakura, and unfolding it myself. Now I just need to print out the cheek and slap it all together.
104_1887.jpg

Got a dremel, been messing around with that.
104_1890.jpg

Maybe a little too much.
104_1879.jpg

AR in the works.
104_1865.jpg

Also a magnum.
104_1867.jpg

Finished resining the forearm, planning on glassing that fairly soon.
104_1872.jpg

Crisped out the edges a bit, took off some drips.
104_1873.jpg

Still a giant glob of resin left.
104_1874.jpg

Glassed the inside a bit (chopped strands, first time.)
104_1875.jpg

Glassed the middle (once again, chopped strands.)
104_1877.jpg

Yup.
So, all in all, entire upper body in the works, other than the left chest plate thingy.
Now, I'm moving tomorrow, so I won't be making any more progress then, or printing out any more peps, seeing as the printer is kept at my dad's.
On the other hand, the new house has a ventilation system in the basement, several work tables, and a room separate from the rest of the house, which is to be dedicated to my armor and I.
Stay tuned.
EDIT: Almost forgot, everything other than the right forearm and shoulder bell is resined.

Not too much work done, but I got the helmet semi-bondoed, and the brim mostly hardened, and glassed the hell out of the chest piece. Helmet is really starting to come together, detailing is yet to come. Belt plate in the works, a left equipment plate, and a redone center plate. And now, pix!
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_00021.jpg

IMG_00032.jpg

IMG_00043.jpg

IMG_00054.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Drowned in bondo.
IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

This thing is friggin heavy :p
IMG_0011.jpg

Leave a comment.
Please.
I'm begging you. Save this thread.

Not too much progress, but getting a shipment of resin + the pieces I left at my dad's tomorrow, and some $ from my mother today.
DSC00153.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

All comments appreciated, as always.

I'm looking to have most of the upper body (at least helmet, torso, and chest piece) finished for the end of the month, and the complete suit ready for halloween.

Mine is halloween too, Working on a chunk of time to start paper maching my armor and need a new helmet. Any suggestions?

Mine is halloween too, Working on a chunk of time to start paper maching my armor and need a new helmet. Any suggestions?
On paper machéing? Deadline making? I'm confused :S
As for paper machéing, I think you mentioned in another thread that you were going to try glue in it, and that's definitely a good idea. Adds a LOT of strength once you start layering it... Also make sure you seal your pep before you do any paper machéing to it, and do it in overlapping layers. That's about all the advice I can give on the matter. Good luck with your armor too! :)

Halloween for finishing armor and a chunck of time between school to start paper maching.Man your armor is comnig out great, compared to anything I have pepped!

Halloween for finishing armor and a chunck of time between school to start paper maching.Man your armor is comnig out great, compared to anything I have pepped!
Thanks! I actually cut some corners and used foam core for the indentations (a trick I picked up from carpathia and bevbor) and cardstock to fill in gaps when I'm lazy... But eventually everything'll be sorted out (i.e bondoed)

So yeah. Halo: Reach in 3 days. Hopefully, the helmet too. Bought some sandpaper and paintbrushes, planning on finishing that sucker by monday. In other news, may have been jipped on a visor, won't say by whom just yet, don't want to cast any blame before things are certain...(although I'd say 3 full weeks for a visor to be shipped is a bit...excessive.)
ANYWHO.
ODST.jpg

I primed the helmet and added some spot putty afterwards, and I'm planning to make a visor this weekend. I'll try and get some pix of the launch too.

5DDE7BE2-5707-9E3B-9CB3-8E5A75C6599E

How exactly are you going to 'make' the visor? Or maybe I misread... anway, looking pretty sweet so far :D

Looks really good. You have put a lot of work and dedication into this. Can't wait to see the finished product.

How exactly are you going to 'make' the visor? Or maybe I misread... anway, looking pretty sweet so far :D
Ehm... Well, I ordered one from Haji a couple months ago, and... Well, I didn't get the visor. Not sure what's going on with that, but I'm purchasing one from Sean Bradley, most likely tonight.
Looks really good. You have put a lot of work and dedication into this. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks for the comment! :)
3.jpg

The helmet is finished. The bondo work is definitely sub-par, but I rushed it to have it finished for Reach release (even if I didn't end up getting a visor by that point.)
5.jpg

Luckily, I managed to diguise most bondo work as battle damage.
1-1.jpg

Some parts of it, with the silver, look really neat. Overall, for a first (completed) helmet, I think I did well.
Before it's completely finished, I'll add a stripe down the middle, as well as a visor (obviously), but I'll probably finish up the other armor before finishing the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back