I have conquered the evil chrome paint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupokitty

0730002118.jpg

Evil Chrome Paint of Loathing ^
Here's a shot with some toothpaste under the brown, which has a layer of black beneath it. v
0731001411a.jpg
0731001519.jpg

I finally have most of the paint work done on my Thorssoli handplates, as well as a little battle damage. They're still in need of some minor touch-ups.

This is the result of using that evil chrome stuff I mentioned in that other thread as a base coat. It actually looks quite nice when it behaves.

That's actually Flyerfye's plasma pistol. It's from one of those Jasman brand laser tag sets. We're painting those an awesome color, which you will eventually get to see.

Arg...double post by me...

Oh well. I finished the handplates up with a little black acrylic in some small areas, then threw some glossy clear coat on 'em.
Now I just have to find some gloves to attach these to.

Closeup for texture-noticing purposes:
0801001639.jpg

0801001638.jpg

I think this method looks a lot better than drybrushing.

Looking good! I was thinking about using the toothpaste masking for awhile, I might go back and do it that way. I mearly base coated mine in silver chrome (it'll never bee true chrome) and sprayed the olive drab over it, and used sandpaper to reveal the silver underneath. That's how I'm used to weathering when it comes to having silver underneath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back