Building a Pair of Sean Bradley ODST Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
is he still offering these?

(forgive my noobish rudeness)

You really should contact him about availability. Be patient though. As you can imagine, the guy's pretty swamped with such a popular kit out there.

Not much in the way of updates to post. I've been focused on my garden gnomes and some other smaller projects for a bit now. These builds have been backburnered until yesterday when I decided to at least go ahead and basecoat one of the helmets.

This is what one of the helmets looks like after a quick bit of cleanup and two coats of Dupli-color "Cast Coat Iron" spraypaint.
5437640076_f9bc7c2f7f_o.jpg

It's not nearly as bright in person. I blame the flash. I've also started prep on the other helmet and I just received one of Sean's backpack kits. I'm out of town for the weekend, but count on me getting back to work on this whole kaboodle of kits in the coming week.

does it come with rivets/rivet gun

No, but they're cheap and readily available at your local hardware store. There's no reason to add the cost of shipping that stuff to the cost of the kit.

Finally: and update!

I've mostly finished assembling the backpack:
5510309388_f6eeb70f75_o.jpg

I'm tempted to nab another one to build it into a pair of binoculars:
5509708135_b0b01ddf5a_o.jpg

I'll be dusting off the rest of the parts in the box soon, so stay tuned for more progress.

Awesome to see an update and nice binoc's, but I was wondering about the excess around the glue surfaces...

Zachrack

Awesome to see an update and nice binoc's, but I was wondering about the excess around the glue surfaces...

Zachrack

I built up a bead of glue because I wanted to simulate welds. It'll look better painted. Then it won't stand out so shiny against the duller sheen of the plastic.

It's been too long since I've made a real update of any kind to this thread, so yesterday I pulled my big box of ODST stuff off of the backburner and set to trimming and riveting some stuff. I assembled all four gauntlets:
5544019401_17e4438ffb_o.jpg

I also did all of the cutting and drilling for the belt parts:
5544597518_9421d52174_o.jpg

And the thigh plates:
5544019163_b0c37a0864_o.jpg

As well as the shins, calves, and toes:
5544019245_0cea99eb39_o.jpg

Something odd happened with the paint, so it still had that hazy look even after it dried. When I get back from my month in Japan, I'll be adding a second coat to everything and hopefully that will take care of it. Worst case I'll just end up dusting the whole thing with some flat black and dull/darken the whole thing a bit.

I've started piling up straps and buckles so I can hook all of these parts together when I get back. At this point, the only things that require assembly are the shoulders and the torso parts. For as long as I've taken between updates, it's worth pointing out that I've only spents about fifteen or twenty hours of applied effort on these two kits. If I had to guess at this point, I'd bet I won't end up spending any more than about forty hours total between the two suits. Not too shabby.

Stay tuned...

Thanks for the update shots! I was thinking about getting a kit, and seeing how easy it is to put together makes me a bit more comfortable about the prospect.

In case you get this in time, stay safe! Japan really needs the help of you guys right now.

great work when i first saw the paint work i thought it was ment to be a camo effects and i kinda really liked it, good luck in japan hopefully everthing satarts getting better over there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back