Halo 3 ODST Visors

Status
Not open for further replies.
what spray did you use

and will that make the visor strong

i thought you a motorcyle visor for that

and how did you insert the visor inside the helmet?

Hmm.... would this method work with other helmet visors?
Such as the EVA, Grenadier, etc?

The grenadier to me looks like you could use just a regular visor as it just wraps around. The kind of goggle shape you see the visor in on the helmet is produced by the opening of the helmet in which you can see the visor.

As for the EVA visor, I would probably say vac-forming one would be the easiest way. I feel as though it is almost too curved for this method to work in a way in which for you to yield results to your liking (ie high detailed/smooth/good looking).
If you can find some cheap material just to try this out with for the EVA, I'd say go for it, and definitely post pics of the way you went cutting it, and your end result. You might even be able to get away with trying a mock-up just using box cardboard and duct tape just to get a feel with how you would go about cutting it to get the shape. I say box cardboard since like the plastic, it isnt super thin and you'd get more realistic results in my opinion.

i am personally going to just use a heat gun and heat form a piece of plexi around the rondo shape visor from the cutout of the helm. that way it is exact and extremely strong.

i am personally going to just use a heat gun and heat form a piece of plexi around the rondo shape visor from the cutout of the helm. that way it is exact and extremely strong.

That is exactly what Rosh and myself did for our visors for the launch of reach.

Could you possibly expand on this method please? For example, what thickness/type of plexi di you use?

you will want to use a sheet of lexan clear plexi glass that can be found at the back of any home depot or lowes. you cut out the section of your visor after you rondo the inside and then take a heat gun and melt the lexan sheet to wrap around the visor section you cut out and make an exact copy to the one you cut out of the helm. then spray tint with your fav color and fix into the helm. done.

you will want to use a sheet of lexan clear plexi glass that can be found at the back of any home depot or lowes. you cut out the section of your visor after you rondo the inside and then take a heat gun and melt the lexan sheet to wrap around the visor section you cut out and make an exact copy to the one you cut out of the helm. then spray tint with your fav color and fix into the helm. done.

Any particular heat gun? And is there a chance you'll burn yourself if you are working with your bare hands. And can the heat gun melt two edges of plexiglass together by chance?.

Are there any alternatives for step 5? Cause I don't know where can i find VHT Nite-Shade. What is its real use? Anyone know the spanish name for it?

Thanks.

Are there any alternatives for step 5? Cause I don't know where can i find VHT Nite-Shade. What is its real use? Anyone know the spanish name for it?

Thanks.
um....... you have acess to the internet correct? im sure that american companys ship to mexico.

and its purpose is used to tint automotive headlights and taillights. however it works on almost every plastic you can think of so long as it is clear.

@RavenWolf

Im sure it would however i would not risk it dripping onto the inside of the oven. this creates toxic fumes and the such. i would stick to the heat gun but your welcome to try the oven if you wish. just keep an eye on the lexan.

@Spartan0-51

your welcome good sir. glad to be of help.

um....... you have acess to the internet correct? im sure that american companys ship to mexico.

and its purpose is used to tint automotive headlights and taillights. however it works on almost every plastic you can think of so long as it is clear.

@RavenWolf

Im sure it would however i would not risk it dripping onto the inside of the oven. this creates toxic fumes and the such. i would stick to the heat gun but your welcome to try the oven if you wish. just keep an eye on the lexan.

@Spartan0-51

your welcome good sir. glad to be of help.

Thanks for answering.

I'm not from Mexico, I'm spanish so buying it online is not an option. I'll see what i can find...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back