405th on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

i just got a call from dreads and we have a good chance to get the 405th on TV at dragoncon. the news / morning shows will be doing coverage out there friday morning, and im looking for 4 or 5 people that want to go represent for the 405th. this will be happening early friday morning, around 8am or so. im looking for people that have a full costume ready to go, and isnt camera shy. there will more than likely be interviews.

On the Yahoo group page for the D*C parade this was posted.I'll see what I can do to join you Goosebot on Friday morning.

WXIA - 11 Alive - During the week before Dragon*Con would like costumed members in studio-TBD
>
> . WAGA - Fox 5 - will be broadcasting from Dragon*Con Friday morning at 7:45 AM, probably near registration
>
> . WGCL -CBS 46-working the producer now about availability of
> members and guests for afternoon appearances - TBD

That should help some find out the time of when the news will be there and you even have a chance of getting on the news before the con.

I have to admit that would be best to have at least one MC, 4 ODST's, a few Marines, and if there is a Reach Spartan that can make it that would be good as well.

I am extremely jealous.. if I was in America I'd be there.. :(
hope its awesome for everyone else though!

As long as your Katana stays in it's sheath and "holstered" like for example if you are doing a MC and it's stuck on your back you should be fine also make sure you get it peace-bonded. Know that at these kind of conventions even the bigger ones if you unsheath the sword you can get in big trouble, so you may want to look at a way of fastening it in the sheath even if you tape it up.

Just fix it to where the sword won't come out the the sheath and have it stuck somewhere like how I described you don't want to be walking around with it in hand.

What do you mean what's the minimum you have to wear for the parade? If you mean wearing half a spartan suit I just don't think that would look right.

Well...My suit isn't close to done so I was gonna wear my helmet I'm buying from Ithica with a black shirt and camo pants. If i can buy a 405th shirt by then I'll wear it but i don't know where to get them.

Holy crap that'll be early that morning...;)

Well, I think I've decided to go down on Thursday so I should be around and if I can somehow make it up that early in the morning...we'll see. No promises but if I make it I'll have an ODST suit.

ok. so i have 3 ODSTs so far. Garzak, Magnum and myself. whiteninja, im looking for full costumed people for this. there are no requirements for the parade really, but for this we are looking for complete rigs. i still need a spartan or two for sure. and maybe a marine or two.

I won't be there until late Friday evening, so I can't make it, but I hope I see some of you guys on D*C TV.

I'll be there all day Friday, but I wasn't planning on dressing as a Spartan that day. If you need me, I'll come to represent a Mk6 girl Spartan with a sniper rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back