Props Reach M6B pistol by smick6

Status
Not open for further replies.

smick6

Since you are showing yours Lee I figured I would show mine. Got a few hours into it but not to much. Using MDF and styrene.

0811100657.jpg
th_0810102240.jpg th_0810102104.jpg

I forgot to ask you guys if you could make out all of the writing on the side of the pistol?
It says Manufacturer and then I cant read the rest. I also dont think it looks like its engraved in the body do you guys?

I forgot to ask you guys if you could make out all of the writing on the side of the pistol?
It says Manufacturer and then I cant read the rest. I also dont think it looks like its engraved in the body do you guys?

"Model 6B
UNSC PROPERTY 2546".
I'm not completely sure about the date engraved on the side, but it was definetively made in the 2540's. As for the manufacturer ID, the glare is too brigth to make out any letters.
Good job on the Pistol!

EDIT
Here is an image i found on Juliet76's photobucket page, hope it helps!
reach_1429936_Full.jpg

I guess I'll stop looking through my pictures than shall I?:p

I've zoomed in on images I took and my interpretation is-

MANUFACTURE HK KVA 1H14X

To be honest at the end I'm not sure about the 4, it looks to me like there's a bold 4 half over lapping an X before the last X.

But here's my reference pictures for you to have a smick-

Reference Pictures

Looking good so far!:D

Thanks guys.
Juliet, I started my build with your pictures as reference. Most of the pics hanging in my work area were printed from your screen grabs.Thanks for that, I guess you get a discount if I mold and cast it.:) Its funny you just shot me the link because I just posted it in another guys build before you sent it.
Do you guys think that the lettering if supposed to be engraved in it? It doesn't really look like its below the surface. Maybe its just me?

Looks great smick6. I didn't know you had started on the magnum until I saw it yesterday in another thread. I wouldn't have started one if I had known you had started making one. I just started one because I had made the rest of them and I liked the new version.

Thanks guys.
Juliet, I started my build with your pictures as reference. Most of the pics hanging in my work area were printed from your screen grabs.Thanks for that...
...Do you guys think that the lettering if supposed to be engraved in it? It doesn't really look like its below the surface. Maybe its just me?

Glad people are getting use out of my reference pictures. Honestly if anyone ever needs any just contact me (once PM's are working again) and I'm happy to spend time in theatre taking pictures.

I'd say a definate no on the engraving. It looks like a digital print of some description.

it looks like a K to me, but thats just me lol

I considered that too but I zoomed in on a larger version of that image and others by 200 and I don't believe it is. The shaft at the back of it is too bold and the "legs" too light to make it a K. Plus there is a protrusion at the front. But that's just my opinion.:)

Thanks again Juliet, when I came across your pics it motivated me to make it.

Lee, we are in this together. I love seeing pics of peoples work, (yours in particular) it gives me motivation and something to strive for. Plus ideas for my own builds. That's what the site is all about. I cant wait to see yours done, mine done and a few others that are working on them. Heck even if we both molded and cast a few copies, it gives people options.
Keep up the good work on yours.

Hey Dogwizard, whats up. Shoot me an email when you get a minute, got a question for ya. esmicklas@comcast.net.
I must be sick or something, to actually be working on a UNSC weapon but believe it or not I am working on 2. Maybe something brutish after those.
I am hoping to finish it up this week and then cast it so I can do a lighted version. I was actually thinking it would be a quick build, being only a hand gun but there is a lot of small detail in this thing. Been trying to get it all captured.
Thanks for the comps guys.

Here is another small update. Still have quite a bit of work to do but its getting there.
Anybody think they might want one of these before the Reach release? If so I will need to get a move on it.

0903100034a.jpg
0903100031a.jpg
0903100031.jpg

man that is awesome.. love the detail on the grip. can't wait to see it done.

Thanks guys.
Lee you know its the little details that take forever to incorporate, you do it all the time.
I really need to stop using my crappy cell phone camera, maybe on the next pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back