405th Challenge Coin anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is serious interest in something of this nature from the forum members, we could do a 405th.com challenge coin. I count maybe 6 interested people here which is maybe 9 coins out of a 100 that it would require to keep the production costs lower than approx $10 each.

People dont really check this part of the forums. SO maybe if this is posted in the classifieds. Maybe more people would like a couple. I presonally would like to take 3

I'd be in for a couple/few (depending on cost and final design).

I took a look around the site that Jedi Ranger posted and even with some extras, we should be looking at less than $5.00 per coin (including setup). I think it's definately worth looking into...

I was thinking like the 405th Logo on one side and like a Mk VI helmet on the other with like the sentence "Where Spartans are made"

But yeah it would be cool, if we could make this thread more visable

MKV maybe, because yeah halo 1 is classic, but Reach? Idk, yeah Reach is kinda where it all technically started, but it doesn't seem anymore classic thank MkVI.

Just a quick proof of concept.... based on some suggestions so far.

CoinProof.jpg

CoinProof.jpg

Where Spartans are Made in Greek (if I remember correctly)

όπου Σπαρτιάτες γίνονται

Literal translation - where Spartiates they become

Latin for the motto of the 405th:

Honoris. Arma. Unitas. (I THINK. My Latin is not the most concise, and I may have just said "arms" instead of "armor")

As they say, scientia potentia est! Et habeo potenti. (Again, I really HOPE I got that right)

I'll definatly get one, especially if they span for yearly events : )
how much would we have to pitch in?

i would definitely be interested in a few. the problem now is the talking stage.. i think there would be plenty of people that would not only be interested but would get one but waiting for the ball to get rolling and for a final product and the cost would be recovered shortly. but i digress. yes yes yes i would love a few. what could also be looked at was a set of coins which could be purchased as members progressed with projects... ie: initial member, infantryman, completed armor, completed weapons ect. not only have a coin to show membership but pride in accomplishments.

So Who do we want to use for the coin? Northwest Territorial Mint looks like a sweet place their site is really informative and I just got my PAX Challenge coin and it looks amazing, the other place ChallengeCoinsRus.com suggested earlier looks cheap but their site isn't as impressive and they use the word mold to make the coins rather than Die which concerns me.

I'd be up for some!
been working on this for the past half hour or so?
wanted to pitch in an idea :p
Coin.jpg

it's just a simple heads-tails design
I could probably put in some more detail in the armor if anyone would like to see it.
(ribbing in neck seal, vents, blah blah)

Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back