Spraypaint Tutorial for your own HALO Armour. for noobs AND skilled user

Status
Not open for further replies.

harican89

Spraypaint Tutorial for your own Halo 3 ODST Helmet (Part 2 Online)

Painting an Halo 3 ODST Helmet

405th Tutorial
created by harican89

This is my first armour and my first excisting video tutorial.

i want to help other users who have no idea how to continue after the sanding process.
this is a tutorial with some few basics and some straight tips to create a smooth finish.

i want to create some more videos soon to show you how to get a nice paint job done.​

Used Materials:

Chrome Spraypaint
IMG_9396.jpg

Montana Black - Horizon (BLK400-5070) / Rhino (BLK400-7070)
New_BLACK_400ml_ohne.jpg

Less Sticky Masking Tape (two diffrent)
This is painting tape from the local store. use this for less important areas.
imag0046custom.jpg

This is the tape of your choice for the final coat. its normal insulating tape and dont remove and destroy your final result. i will use this to cover the horizon blue stripe
imag0047custom.jpg

TV Booklet or magazine sheets
sixxtvzeitungwince.jpg

Vaseline

Sand

Painting an Halo 3 ODST Helmet - Part 1

The two torials are separated. they dont used the same method so both are usefull

YOUTUBE VIDEO DIRECT LINK, AVAILABLE IN HDTV

Painting an Halo 3 ODST Helmet - Part 2

YOUTUBE VIDEO DIRECT LINK, AVAILABLE IN HDTV

Here are some updates of my helmet after the first painting process (Tutorial 1). i paint some highlights on it. i used a normal art painting brush and normal black (its called "ralley") spraypaint. i spray it on a sheet of paper first and soake up the still wet paint with the brush.
The second tutorial show you some other techniques but i think for small areas the first tutorial should be enough for you. although the tutorial 2 show you some other usefull methods.

Before and After the Highlights

Overview:
imag0042u.jpg

Pictures of the second helmet tutorial comming soon.

Hope you like it. An update coming soon.
Comments, critique and help are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Epic Music: GO
Accurate Tutorial: GO
Well Presented: GO
Understandable: GO
Excellent! I really like it But, i think ODST armor in general is more dark grey than black, but thats just my opinion and totally up to the painter anyway.
ALSO: Where did you get the ODST font for the video? I've been looking EVERYWHERE for that font... If possible could you email the ttf file to me? i'm @ MasterofStealth78@gmail.com

ALSO: Where did you get the ODST font for the video? I've been looking EVERYWHERE for that font... If possible could you email the ttf file to me? i'm @ MasterofStealth78@gmail.com

ODST LOGO

edited: mistake :D thought you want the logo...

the TTF is a free font ... the original coast several 30 bucks, but the free one is exact the same.
its called Newtown. here is the download link

i think ODST armor in general is more dark grey than black

you didnt understand... the brand is called "Montana" and the product series is called "black"... this means that they have more pigments to get a higher opacity.

the finish color will be dark grey

Great Tutorial! :D

& That Montana Paint Brand looks Beast!

yeah, its really clean, smooth and gives sharp edges. i used less then 1/5 of the can for the whole stripe in 3 light coats.
they are medium pressure and non acryl based colors. they based on resin (instead of the montana gold... they based on acryl)

but in the graffity scene you can get a 400ml can for less then 4 bucks

the TTF is a free font ... the original coast several 30 bucks, but the free one is exact the same.
its called Newtown. here is the download link
you didnt understand... the brand is called "Montana" and the product series is called "black"... this means that they have more pigments to get a higher opacity.
the finish color will be dark grey
Thanks for the font! I understand about the paints now...Thanks a lot man!

Gutes Video! Danke fürs hochladen wird mir sicher helfen beim lackieren meiner zukünftigen Projekte.
Hab gesehen du kommst auch aus NRW :)

Kannst du mir vil sagen was du als ersatz für Bondo nimmst? Hab bisher nichts gefunden was Bondo hier in DE anbietet.
Kann ich da ganz normale Spachtelmasse nehmen oder muss ich auf spezielle zusätze achten?
Sry für Offtopic

gehört hier eig nicht rein.
ich denke ich mach die tage mal einen thread für deutsche neulinge, damit diese eine ahnung haben welche produkte zu empfehlen sind und wo man diese bekommt.

schreib mir was das angeht besser ne PM

Harican es gibt glaub ich schon eine noob list für deutsche mitglieder und wenn ich mich nicht irre ist die von mir.
Aber auf mein andern account einfach nach zero1o1 suchen dann dürftet ihr es finden

ja die hab ich schon gesehen... aber so grandios war die damals nicht... allerdings hilfreich

Hatte schon probiert dir eine Nachricht zukommen zu lassen aber leider hab ich hier im forum nichtmal dafür rechte... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back