New here! + The Dark Knight pepakura WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordranius

Hi,

I'm new to this site, but have been checking out the forums and posts for a while before I actually decided to join. I am an art student and have been interested in prop making ever since I was a child. I am not too experienced, but when I was 14 I created a latex Batman cowl, which was very successful (chavant sculpt, ultracal mould, 2 piece). I am currently working on a Dark Knight pep using Google Sketchup, which I'm sure many people have requested in many different places.

Since this is my first post, it seems that I am unable to post any photos :(. However, here are some details on the model in Q&A form:

Q. Is this screen-accurate?
A. No, but it is based on the blue prints available by UD Replicas.

Q. Are the pieces flat like pizza?
A. No, each piece is curved to fit over the contours of the human body (my body, at least).

Q. When will the pep files be available?
A. I am currently extremely busy on academic stuff, but when I have time I will work on it. I also need someone competent to prepare the pep unfolding etc too. I have pepakura (full version) but have not used it before.

Q. Is the model detailed?
A. Yes, it is made to be as detailed as possible, according to the UD blue prints.

I look forward to hearing from anyone. Let me know what you think of this project. I will keep this thread updated.

Peace,
Lordranius

This is amazing! You are my hero if you get this done and supply the public with these files. It is about time someone did this. Thanks in advanced!

no problem man, I thought it was bout time someone did this because I needed some pep files for Batman's armour too. never thought it would be me making it tho :p

These are some pics of my project during the past. its taken with a really crappy camera, sorry bout the quality. gives you an idea of the things i do.

This is a photo of the sculpture WIP:

Photos of the demoulded mask (mask is actually flat black, dunno why it shines in the photo):

Anyways, let me know what you think. Still working on dark knight pep files, theyre quite complex

hi all,

thank you for your comments! I made that mask as a school project; never thought it came out that well since it was my first try! anyways i will keep this post updated with the pep files progress. Let me know what you think.

here's another one of the sculpture for the Batman mask (its custom, but mostly based on the Batman forever mask), the sculpture in the photo is almost complete:

anyways will keep this updated with pep stuff (will take long but yes im still working on it!)

Brother, I just have to say that sculpt looks incredible! Before I joined the 405th (encouraged by my friend Kris AKA SchizophrenicMC), I was apart of a small forum called michael-myers.net. Of course, you can probably tell based on the name what the site was about, but the soul of the forum was sculpting and making masks. I gotta hand it to you, you have amazing natural talent. o.o Perhaps you should give that site a little attention and show them your stuff.

Anyway, I got a little derailed there. I'm looking forward to seeing your pep file, and good luck to you!

Hi Scrub,

I was wondering what the website's main focus is because there seems to be a lot of horror masks and halloween stuff haah! Anyways, thanks for the comment! its really encouraging for me. good luck to your projects too.

yes i'll do so as soon as i get some good progress. school is starting for me right now so I'm really busy at the moment to deal with it. sorry for the delay!

sorry! i am very busy at the moment, school started and all. i will keep this up to date soon during mid term breaks etc. I can't work on it at the moment, things are just too hectic over here.

Peace,
Lordranius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back