New here! + The Dark Knight pepakura WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordranius

Hi,

I'm new to this site, but have been checking out the forums and posts for a while before I actually decided to join. I am an art student and have been interested in prop making ever since I was a child. I am not too experienced, but when I was 14 I created a latex Batman cowl, which was very successful (chavant sculpt, ultracal mould, 2 piece). I am currently working on a Dark Knight pep using Google Sketchup, which I'm sure many people have requested in many different places.

Since this is my first post, it seems that I am unable to post any photos . However, here are some details on the model in Q&A form:

Q. Is this screen-accurate?
A. No, but it is based on the blue prints available by UD Replicas.

Q. Are the pieces flat like pizza?
A. No, each piece is curved to fit over the contours of the human body (my body, at least).

Q. When will the pep files be available?
A. I am currently extremely busy on academic stuff, but when I have time I will work on it. I also need someone competent to prepare the pep unfolding etc too. I have pepakura (full version) but have not used it before.

Q. Is the model detailed?
A. Yes, it is made to be as detailed as possible, according to the UD blue prints.

I look forward to hearing from anyone. Let me know what you think of this project. I will keep this thread updated.

Peace,
Lordranius

i'd be very interested in seeing the finished project. i have other .obj files but they all seem to be a bit lopsided and inaccurate. keep us posted please.

The 3D Models you have there belong to Vampyredh of the League Of Heroes, I've been told by him since he is a good friend of mine that the files are not to be posted here by anyone, those are his wishes. I know these are his because of the positioning when the file is opened and the model poly count. You can try to contact him at dylanwithtourettes@yahoo.com to get his permission to use the 3D models but no guarentee he will allow it.

didn't know the origin. they were emailed to me by a friend. tried to edit and remove link, but it just stalls. give him my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back