"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please answer my question (Sorry if I sound pushy but I need it by tomorrow) Thanks,

Jacob

There is no such thing as "Standard" scaling. Each suit is custom scaled to the person that's going to wear it. The only way you could sell these is if you had the person take detailed measurements of themselves or have them meet you so you can scale it properly. Also: Next time, try to ask more than a day in advance of when you need something.

JBetts - No one knows what you mean by "standard" scaling as there really isn't one. When working with pepakura, scaling is done to fit each person and the "one size fits all" approached does not usually work unless all of your subjects are approximately the same size. If you're having someone create the pep files for you, perhaps you should work with them about the sizing concerns. This is really the best answer you're going to get as you've not be very specific or detailed in your form of questioning.

JBetts - No one knows what you mean by "standard" scaling as there really isn't one. When working with pepakura, scaling is done to fit each person and the "one size fits all" approached does not usually work unless all of your subjects are approximately the same size. If you're having someone create the pep files for you, perhaps you should work with them about the sizing concerns. This is really the best answer you're going to get as you've not be very specific or detailed in your form of questioning.

Ok thanks man. I have poor knowladge of pepakura scaling because I do mostly sculpting and scratch work. Thanks!

ok am back again....... In Pepakura with the scaling of the body my friend and i are gonna try to make a helment, with the hight, width, and deepth how would we go about measuring. we just measure out head right but in a way how do u go about doing that... is there a video on this and can some one give me pointers? just tryin to get everythang straight befor print ( i know it wont be perfect the first time but tryin to get an understanding on how to even measure the body befor trying... Ty for your time ...Scydon

ok am back again....... In Pepakura with the scaling of the body my friend and i are gonna try to make a helment, with the hight, width, and deepth how would we go about measuring. we just measure out head right but in a way how do u go about doing that... is there a video on this and can some one give me pointers? just tryin to get everythang straight befor print ( i know it wont be perfect the first time but tryin to get an understanding on how to even measure the body befor trying... Ty for your time ...Scydon

It works like measuring your body height, except you don't measure from the ground to the top of your head, but you put the front, back and top of your head onto some surface (wall, table). Just make sure to measure perpendicular to that surface and from the lowest to the highest point. Please don't tell me you couldn't have come up with that on your own :)

once i started figureing out somethangs it started clickin, am making it out to be hard than what it really is i need to stop and step back and think next time.. i do think you for the reply.

once i started figureing out somethangs it started clickin, am making it out to be hard than what it really is i need to stop and step back and think next time.. i do think you for the reply.

You really should take more care with your ortography, it took me three reads to understand that last post. However, thinking first and asking later is never wrong.

Maybe this question has been already asked and answered before but:

where can I request someone to create and design something in pepakura? Like a helment for isntance?

Maybe this question has been already asked and answered before but:

where can I request someone to create and design something in pepakura? Like a helment for isntance?

The pepakura requests thread might be the place to go, judging by its name?

Unless what you're asking for already exists, in that case it would be easier to just use the existing file.

I downloaded Pepakura, but it says that to save anything, i have to input a password that i don't have. Also, I thought Pepakura was free, but it says that I purchased their product. What's up with all this? Do I have to pay to use Pepakura?

I downloaded Pepakura, but it says that to save anything, i have to input a password that i don't have. Also, I thought Pepakura was free, but it says that I purchased their product. What's up with all this? Do I have to pay to use Pepakura?
The Viewer is free, the Designer is not. You can still use all features of Designer without a password except for the ability to save your work, as you have already found out. If you want to do your own unfolding/editing and plan to use PD a lot, it may be worth buying the license/password.

Hey guys total newb here and i was wondering is it possible to move the 3D models in pepakura designer around? I want to move the parts of the body around so that the parts are where they are supposed to be like the head is on top of the shoulders and whatnot.

What you just posted Curbi dos'nt make much sense to me, could you possibly re-phrase that are you wanting to rotate the 3d model completly or part of the 3d model?

Hey guys total newb here and i was wondering is it possible to move the 3D models in pepakura designer around? I want to move the parts of the body around so that the parts are where they are supposed to be like the head is on top of the shoulders and whatnot.

You can arrange the pieces on the paper any way you like with the Select and Move function, if that's what you mean.

ok sorry for the bad wording, what i want to do is take the 3D model, on the left side and move it up and down not just rotate. So i have a pep file for the new reach spartan, when i put more than one piece on like the head and chest the head will appear under the chest how can i move the head so it sits above it

Crap misread that. Let me try again. If you are talking about moving another whole pep file below so it lines up on the left hand side of the page. I think you'd have to import the file to the current pep file you are working on. I've just started using the software, but it seems like you could bring in more objects to the page if you wanted to.

ok sorry for the bad wording, what i want to do is take the 3D model, on the left side and move it up and down not just rotate. So i have a pep file for the new reach spartan, when i put more than one piece on like the head and chest the head will appear under the chest how can i move the head so it sits above it

Try holding both buttons and then moving the mouse in there. That moves something, but I don't know whether it's the model or the "camera".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back