"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it should fit, unless you specified a smaller margin than your printer can handle.

Edit: By the way, I'm not talking about the dialogue that comes up when you hit the print button, I'm talking about the Settings/Print and Paper settings menu.

okay ive done several helmets and ive started on the arms, Ive used standard clear scotch tape, i was wondering if any chemicals in the bondo, or resin would melt or eat away at the tape? if so is there anything you would recomend to me, to hold the pepakura together. Ive tryed super glue and elmers glue, neither one worked(i might not of put enough super glue)

okay ive done several helmets and ive started on the arms, Ive used standard clear scotch tape, i was wondering if any chemicals in the bondo, or resin would melt or eat away at the tape? if so is there anything you would recomend to me, to hold the pepakura together. Ive tryed super glue and elmers glue, neither one worked(i might not of put enough super glue)

I'm not sure about the tape.

But super glue will definitely work, I use it myself. The problem here usually is using too much, not too little. Why didn't it work for you?

it held for about 30 seconds, it wasnt to little, then it riped off the paper, along with the other piece, so my helmet fell apart

With tape the resin eats the adhesive that's between the tape and the paper, with superglue if it does'nt bond superglue has a hard time sticking to superglue to re-bond it. Best glue I have used to date is hot glue.

So...tape bad, super glue pro?

What Nintendude said is right, you do have to get it right the first time with superglue.

But I don't get what you said about it holding for 30 seconds. Superglue will either hold or not. If it comes apart, you either really didn't use enough glue (that would be like almost nothing - if the glue film reflects light, then it's enough) or you didn't hold the pieces together long enough without moving them.

pepakura parts select

in pepakura viewer, if you click on a part in the 3d window in highlights the same part in the 2d window, i have designer nowso i can scale stuff but i cant select it in the 3d and make it highlight in the 2d, is there an option for this?

in pepakura viewer, if you click on a part in the 3d window in highlights the same part in the 2d window, i have designer nowso i can scale stuff but i cant select it in the 3d and make it highlight in the 2d, is there an option for this?

Click the button next to undo.

I am printing off the pepakura but i dont actually know what the scale factor is for and how it works as i don't know what height and width i am supposed to be using, help????

I have a couple of questions I need answered and all in test I'm afraid as I have little to no internet at the moment.

You open Peparuka, Re-size/scale, print onto cardstock, Cut out, Fold, Glue together, resin, fibre glass, something else? dunno what its called, sand then paint??

IF that is right what does all that include and is there anything else I should know, tips maybe?

I am printing off the pepakura but i dont actually know what the scale factor is for and how it works as i don't know what height and width i am supposed to be using, help????

There are tutorials on how to scale armour pieces. Please take some time to read them. Usually the important stuff is stickied to the top of the page.

I have a couple of questions I need answered and all in test I'm afraid as I have little to no internet at the moment.

You open Peparuka, Re-size/scale, print onto cardstock, Cut out, Fold, Glue together, resin, fibre glass, something else? dunno what its called, sand then paint??

IF that is right what does all that include and is there anything else I should know, tips maybe?

You forgot the scoring in that list. You can do that before or after cutting out the pieces and it will give you really crisp folds. Depending on the type of cardstock and the model, you may also have to put in some reinforcement struts before resining to prevent warping. And before sanding, you'll probably like to put on some body filler, so there is actually something there you can sand off.

Make sure to read alls the stickies as well, this will give you a pretty good picture of what's possible and how.

yes, you say that there are help topics, but provide no links or topic title. This forum is a maze and I have no idea what I am looking for?

yes, you say that there are help topics, but provide no links or topic title. This forum is a maze and I have no idea what I am looking for?

Check this: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...rmour-Tutorial-V.2?highlight=scaling+tutorial

But this is an exception, because that one is pretty good and not stickied yet. Aside from Adam's intro video I don't usually link threads.

I'd also recommend that you get a feeling for the forum, because you will have to read up on stuff on your own and think about it yourself. There's more to it than just clicking a link, and most of the time there's also more to it than people write.

I have a question about using hot clue vs tape. I have been making pep helmets using regular paper to insure I get the right look and size before printing on cardstock, but I have been using tape instead of glue. What I want to know is does fiberglass and bono somehow ruin the tape to it would come apart?

I have a question about using hot clue vs tape. I have been making pep helmets using regular paper to insure I get the right look and size before printing on cardstock, but I have been using tape instead of glue. What I want to know is does fiberglass and bono somehow ruin the tape to it would come apart?

The resin will eat up most tapes (or their adhesives), yes. It's best to use hot glue or superglue instead.

But that won't be an issue for you because normal paper wouldn't survive resining anyways. It will soak up the resin and then warp all the way to hell in that wet state.

Thanks for the help with my saving problem, but unfortuneately, I have another problem; when I try to type in the measurements of my head for my helmet, all of the measurements change with it. It's really annoying, and I don't know how to change the measurement so that they ALL fit my head.

Thanks for the help with my saving problem, but unfortuneately, I have another problem; when I try to type in the measurements of my head for my helmet, all of the measurements change with it. It's really annoying, and I don't know how to change the measurement so that they ALL fit my head.

Of course they do. If your head were a bamboo stick, it would have almost zero width and depth, but would be really high. In that case, height would be the dimension you'd have to change. The others change with it so the helmet scales proportionally. If you could change them all, it could come out totally distorted.

pep glue

i know this may be in the wrong froum but its along the lines of pepakura so ill put it here anyway. after reading other posts and stickies, everyone reckons that hot glue is best for making pep models, am i supposed to use the gun to apply it to the paper or take a bit off the end and rub it on with a toothpick or something, it dries really fast and ive made a mess of my carters helmet attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back