"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've kinda stuck in the design. i already make 2x prepakura 1st i did not scale it so the helmet opening is too small and 2nd build which is much bigger but the oprning still too small as first build.thought my head is preety small

I'd like to add in on top of what carpathia said... The halo helmets are designed on the idea that they can go into space, which means they have to seal around the neck! So in theory it should fit close to your neck, but that presents a problem for fitting it on your head. Pep the helmet and test fit it when you have the neck opening wide, then FINISH PEPPING THE SEAL. You won't be able to put it back on afterwards, but the extra material helps keep the helmet's shape through hardening. Once you have it hardened either cut out the neck seal, or cut the helmet in half (the second one is daaangerous!)

Quite right. I'm, not sure I'd be game enough to cut a helmet in half though myself. I did once see someone had made their helmet without the neck part at all. Then once they had made the helmet, they used foam to make the whole neck section. It stretched over the head and loosely sealed around their neck. Don't know the exact type of foam I cant find the thread again dang it!

thanks for the help. Though i have to remake it again as i already throw the old one. oh yeah by the way how u guys make the pipe like black things in in the chin ?

oh yeah by the way how u guys make the pipe like black things in in the chin ?

I'm going to assume that you mean the piping on the cheeks of the Mk VI helmet. I've posted this somewhere else, but it's been burried, so...

I had planned on going through what I did for my vents in my Mk VI build, but never got around to it. I used a small section of 1-1/4" diameter sump pump tubing...

DSC04821.jpg

DSC04822.jpg

I cut it in half length-wise...

DSC04825.jpg

DSC04826.jpg

Traced the shape of the vent opening onto a scrap piece of paper...

DSC04827.jpg

and used that to shape the tubing...

DSC04828.jpg

Then, I simply hot-glued the piece in...

DSC04829.jpg

Then, painted the helmet as normal...

B1.jpg

The only thing is that I didn't use the side vents as vents. I used the two squares under the chin as my vents. If you wish to use the side vents as actual vents, you'll have to cut the vents out of the helmet, then cut grooves into the tubing before you install them. Hope this helps.

Hello what can I do to make the right size of the pepakura when I print them out the tend to be not the right size. I've been planing two type of armor 1. Spartan Armor 2. Maraine Armor. and sorry about my spelling.

Hello what can I do to make the right size of the pepakura when I print them out the tend to be not the right size. I've been planing two type of armor 1. Spartan Armor 2. Maraine Armor. and sorry about my spelling.

There are two sticky threads that deal with scaling. For most of the armor parts, I recommend this method...

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial

If you have a full body, front image of the subject you're trying to recreate, this would work as well (though a lot of people find it a bit more difficult)...

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25588-How-to-Scale-Your-Armour-Tutorial-V.2

hey guys.. I wanna start my first pepakura project but I have a macbook pro.. am I SOL as far as getting the shapes printed is concerned? I did a few searches which werent very helpful. thanks in advance!

Your best bet is to use a PDF version of the pdo file. The problem you're going to run into with that is the scaling aspect of it.

There is a tutorial around here that explains how to scale and measure your items. Within the pep program itself. If you can't fond it here google it. Lol I did. Brought me right back here again. Halo goddess did a really good tutorial. Try hers first.

I am new here, I am wondering, what is a great first project? I discovered here when I was making little paper minecraft boxes, so I am not really the most advanced builder ever. Anyways, what would be the easiest "big" project to do? I was thinking about a companion cube made just of paper or maybe cardboard because I don't have any places that really sell hardeners and stuff near me.

So what do you think would be a nice, medium sized project?

It depends on whether you're looking for halo or not. For Halo, the ODST helmet is a nice starting point, LD version if you are still testing the waters.

For non halo, I highly recommend browsing the USA and Japanese galleries on tamasoft's website:
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/gallery/list.php
and
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura/gallery/list.php

They have a TON of different peps from across the board of various sizes and difficulties, and some really really really cool ones mixed in! Let us know if you find anything you like!

I don't know what dots you mean, a screencap would help, but for no numbers go to 2d menu -> Show Edge IDs

Ok so Im tackling the TK NZ scout halo 3 helmet for my first project.. i printed out the pieces with the stock sizing. Just wondering if I should have made it larger or smaller? Can anyone whose made it post a pic of the helmet in the default size? thank you!

Ok so Im tackling the TK NZ scout halo 3 helmet for my first project.. i printed out the pieces with the stock sizing. Just wondering if I should have made it larger or smaller? Can anyone whose made it post a pic of the helmet in the default size? thank you!

It really all depends on the size of your head. We cannot help you out otherwise and it does not matter what size others have built it as. Take a look at this thread...

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-and-More-Tutorial

That should give you a good starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back