"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help! A friend and I are going to start some time this week. We plan on video logging our work, we'll probably post it to Youtube and here. Of course, it's our first project so it may not turn out so well.

For you ODST fellas: What do you use for thigh armor? I know the Wiki has wraparound thigh plates (which would seem to me a little problematic, what with crouching and flexing and all), but I never see anyone using those. Even Sean Bradley's outfit just has the plates on the outside of the leg. Is there a different pep I should be looking for?

Hello! So I really want to get into pepakura, but I seem to have run into a problem. I have a MacBook and Pepakura Designer and Viewer are apparently only for Windows. How can I download any of the files and whatnot if none of this stuff works on my computer? Or are there Mac versions of things that work just as well?

Hello! So I really want to get into pepakura, but I seem to have run into a problem. I have a MacBook and Pepakura Designer and Viewer are apparently only for Windows. How can I download any of the files and whatnot if none of this stuff works on my computer? Or are there Mac versions of things that work just as well?

You can install Windows via BootCamp or use a virtual machine to run Windows. Or you can ask someone to scale your pieces and send them to you in a .pdf.

Yeah I don't really want Windows on my computer. Plus I don't know how to do that anyway. I would like to make a complete Noble Six suit or something, so I just have to look around for pdf versions..

Yeah I don't really want Windows on my computer. Plus I don't know how to do that anyway. I would like to make a complete Noble Six suit or something, so I just have to look around for pdf versions..

You're not going to find PDF versions. The reason why the armor is done in Pepakura is so you can scale the armor to fit your body. You will have to ask someone with Pepakura designer to scale the pieces for you. I can do that.

That looks fine.

But when I keep going the miss align, maybe I should start over
61262b90.jpg

Hickeydog I am in the same boat with Romano would you scale the pieces and put them in pdf for me as well if not thats cool. Thanks for your help pm me if you would be willing to do so.
Babydrop

Walmart is the best place to buy it, if you can't find it there office depot (or max) anywhere with printing supplies.

For most everything you need wally world is the place to go.

Does anyone have advise on stock weight? I'm planning on trying this over Christmas and I'm keen for advice from people who've learned the hard way which stocks they've found too pliable and too inflexible.

Does anyone have advise on stock weight? I'm planning on trying this over Christmas and I'm keen for advice from people who've learned the hard way which stocks they've found too pliable and too inflexible.

I have come to the conclusion that 250g/m² is great, as long as you can live with the thickness. Pepakura Designer assumes that the paper has a thickness of zero, so you have to take that into consideration yourself while assembling the model.
I've also tried 220 g/m², which is almost no thicker than regular office paper, but really flimsy if you ask me.

I can't tell you how those weights translate into lbs. People around here usually recommend 110 lbs, but what I have seems to be more like 140...170 lbs, according to different sources.

last night i was scorring my folds with a scoring wheel, there were dashy lines that were cut a bit far through, should this damage the finished product?

Hope anyone fast reply this. I just ran in and total forgot how to do it. ok I printed paper and found out the line r HARD to see so I forgot how to change so I can get the line more darker? and thanks :)

hey im woring on an arbiter helmet and was wondering whats the best adhesive to stick the pieces together? somewhere i read that hot glue works good but it seems like that would be kinda thick, im wondering has anyone tried using rubber cement? i know that with that you apply to both surfaces then let it dry then stick them together, this seems like it might be easier than hot glue but i dont know how well it works. any help is appreciated

In the program I downloaded (Pepakura Designer 3), when you have your file open in it, go to Settings > Other Settings > The Line Style tab will allow you change the style (obviously) from dotted lines to dashed to solid etc. The Color tab is self explanatory. If you click on the blocks of color, it'll open up a palette so you can choose whatever color you want. Hope this helps, I'm very new at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back