"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a question. My Computer will let me download the Pep. Viewer, but it doesn't allow me to install the actual program. It keeps saying that the file is not encoded or compressed. Is there a way around this?

You need Pepakura Designer anyway, so try that. If that doesn't work either, try unpacking it into a subfolder with the packing program of your choice (7zip works) and run it from there.

Ye, 7zip is probably the best way to open it. Well, i'm pretty sure the actual setup program is in the folder, and once you double click it, it should start the program to setup. did you download from original site, or from 405th's site or the halo costuming site? i downloaded from the original pep site, and it worked. Also, if you want the Vanity program from veegie to see what your armor would look like, 7zip is a faster unzip than the WinRar. WinRar im pretty sure only does Rar files, so if you have that it wouldn't even open the Zip file that the setup for pep designer comes in.

WinRar im pretty sure only does Rar files, so if you have that it wouldn't even open the Zip file that the setup for pep designer comes in.
Nope. It handles just about any compression format (ZIP, RAR, TAR, LZH, GZIP, CAB, etc.) out there and yes, including 7ZIP.

Ye, 7zip is probably the best way to open it. Well, i'm pretty sure the actual setup program is in the folder, and once you double click it, it should start the program to setup. did you download from original site, or from 405th's site or the halo costuming site? i downloaded from the original pep site, and it worked. Also, if you want the Vanity program from veegie to see what your armor would look like, 7zip is a faster unzip than the WinRar. WinRar im pretty sure only does Rar files, so if you have that it wouldn't even open the Zip file that the setup for pep designer comes in.

Few points here:

• WinRAR does support other archive formats.
  • Pepakura Designer comes as a setup program (ending in .exe), not packed into an archive. At least when downloading it from Tamasoft, but I don't see why you would want to download it from anybody but its manufacturer.
  • I was talking about extracting that very setup file, despite the file ending. Doing so will create a new subfolder called "designer" with pretty much the same contents the installation folder would have. You can run the program from there without the need to install it.
Edit: Argh, the ever-present Ral Partha was faster than me :-D

Just wondering whats up with the pepakura files it says coming soon please any feed back would be helpfull

You can find plenty of files in the costuming wiki or in forum threads. The All In One Pepakura Pack might also have what you're looking for.

Hello, I started making the smooth recon helmet but in the end I didnt like it as I managed to mess it up a bit. Anyway I went to print out a new one but all that comes out is a black page and you can , with some difficulty, make out the joining number in amidst the blackness but nothing else. Seeing as my printer is pretty crap, jams literally every time and also starts to randomly print bar codes on its own accord i assumed it had finally packed up but when I tried to print using a different printer i got the same results. Now only 2 days ago I printed the exact same file and it came out perfect so why would it change it now? I have re downloaded the file in case its corrupt but still it wont work. Any replys would be much appreciated and the sooner the better because I am back at college soon. Thank you and sorry for any spelling/ grammar mistakes :p

Here are some things that helped me when I had trouble printing from Pepakura:

First, try printing one page at a time. For some reason, this solves a lot of problems with Pepakura. If the program starts printing
all black pages, or just the edge ID's (the numbers) here are the printer settings that solved that problem for me:

Under "Settings" click "Print and Paper Settings"
Leave the default the way it's been working for you, but select:
"Print Lines Smoothly (Bitmap print)"; and
"Transparency" to 0%.
If that's the way you already have it, try the opposite, then close and restart the program.

thanks, I managed to get hold of a printer that eventually printed it out but thanks ill try it out next time. Again thanks, sounds like good advice :)

There are too many variables to answer this question directly; how much does the person weigh? Slight or stout build? What is the proportion of his/her limbs to body size?

There are many scaling threads on the site to help someone make the correct decisions. Here are two threads that will help:

Read this on how to "scale" your paper creation to fit you:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25588-How-to-Scale-Your-Armour-Tutorial-V.2

Read this on how to download and use "MrOreo123's Armor Scaling and Measurement Tool":
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...ling-And-Measurement-Tool?p=496754#post496754

Also, "Halo Goddess" has an thread describing another method that has become quite popular, search for it. There are many others as well.

Warthog Project help

Bear with me here as this is my first post. Sorry if it's in the wrong place. I have tried to gather as much info as I can using the search bar.

Here is my plan:

I want to make a Warthog for my 4yr old son. I plan on using a Power Wheels Jeep Hurricane as my base because it is already similar. The Jeep is 28.7 x 32.6 x 50.8 inches
28r1b2g.jpg

I would think the easiest way would be to pep a shell to fit over the existing body; the fenders and the grill will be removed. I downloaded one of the Warthog pep files followed the tutorials from Ithica, hit the unfold button and got it scaled (I think anyway) to the right size. The pieces are huge and obviously will not fit onto one piece of paper, sometimes taking up six pieces no matter which way I place them. My guess would be to cut them out and tape them together to get my piece. I'm not even sure I'm doing this right.

Is there a better route to go on this? Is anyone down to make a better Warthog model for me with this project in mind, I've only found two and they didn't seem all that detailed.

I'm an artist, so I'm good with my hands and making things look good but I am computer retarded so any help and suggestions would be much appreciated. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Hello, had to ask...i bought this 100g/m2 a4 printing paper, any1 know if its too light...or do i have to buy thicker paper? And oh is that A4 right size or what size should it be? sry for being noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back