"Help!" for: Papercraft or Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I have a question for those who are pepping the halo 4 master chief helmet the standard size is 346mm is this too big or is it just right i tried it at 3000 mm fearing that it might of been too big but as it turned out its too small if anyone one knows the correct size please let me know thank you very much

ive been using pep for a while but i notice some ppl use a sliced method for making some of the weapons
if you have the pep file for the weapon how do you convert it to the sliced version..?? and does it tell you the width of the material to use..??
i mostly just use the viewer to make my peps i havent much explored the designer much but i have it

I've seen some members using number tabs on their pieces which I think is wonderful to use. Now the question is, how can I get those numbers to show or at least how do I make those numbers?
I got all the files already, but putting them together is becoming a huge hassle.

Siefl...in pepakura viewer there is a 123 in the tool bar at the top, click that and it turns the numbers on and off.

In pep designer you have to go into the 2d menu on the tool bar and click on the edge id that will turn the numbers on and off.

I've seen some members using number tabs on their pieces which I think is wonderful to use. Now the question is, how can I get those numbers to show or at least how do I make those numbers?
I got all the files already, but putting them together is becoming a huge hassle.

View - Show edge ID. It will then put corresponding numbers on the tab when you print it.

can anyone give any feedback on my previous post..???
im running short on time and i figured at least one person would know about slicing pep files

I don't ever touch sliced files, but I was under the impression that it was done with another program, and not pepakura to create the sliced 3d object, and then importing it into pepakura since everyone can print off pep files.

To create a sliced file, you need a different 3D program like Blender or Sketchup. To convert it, you'll need to export the file from pepakura (ensuring you have the modeler's permission!!) and bring it into the other program. I've personally never used Blender, but in sketchup, the way I do it, is create a series of planes spaced how ever far apart I want the slices to be (for me, this is usually 1/16"), merge those planes with the model as best you can, and eliminate the portions of the planes that are not included. Now, actually doing this is far more complicated than the way I've described it, but that's the basics.

SergantTinkers, a sliced file is a file used to cut out shapes to stack up in order to form the basic 3D shape of what you want to build (usually a weapon around here). Take a look at this thread and download the pepakura file for the sliced version of the gun (the second picture) and it should be a bit more clear...

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30963-New-Halo-Reach-Pistol-Pep-File-(Now-with-Sliced-Win!)

Hi there. I've downloaded pepakura and a pep for the mk6 helmet. The template however is designed for the Letter Size format. I am from the UK so we use A4 size.

How do I overcome this problem?

Click on the "File" tab at the top, then click on "Print and Paper Settings." This will open up the print settings box where you can choose what kind of paper you want to print to. Keep in mind that you may have to rearrange the pieces on the 2D window after you change the paper size.

Be aware that if you change the paper size/type from LETTER to A4 you may have to move the pieces around in the 2D menu to make them fit properly. The first time I did this, I ended having to guess where several of the corners were as they didnt fit into the printable area. So after moving all the pieces around a bit, it worked out ok.

Hi 405th, a noob here! I am currently working on a MK VI helmet by ROBOGENESIS, and I've finished the top part of the helmet, but now I've run into a problem. The bill or beak or whatever the overhang over the visor is called is being pulled down on the side more on one side than the other. One half looks correct, the other not so much. Any tips or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

What glue are you using? If you are using pva or super glue, you have to just use sticks to force it into the right position when you go to pour rondo. If you are using hot glue, I'd look over the helmet for spots where the numbers are not aligned and reglue them.

This is good:

This is bad:

if anything it could just be warped a bit because the rest of the helmet isnt done and it just may need the rest of the helmet to pull it back into shape

No. The warping happens because of imperfections in the current build. It can be partially corrected by later parts, but it is only addressing the issue, and not the cause. Continuing also will not always fix the problem, as it could just move the warping to another area.

If they're on super glue, there's not much to do about fixing the mistakes, so either trudging on and maybe having it lopsided or maybe having it look good, or redoing it are the options. The former is a happier option since you can fix the errors in bondo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back