"Help!" for: Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a nerf that's model after the magnum? How do I paint that without screwing up the gun?

Re: "Help!" for: Painting

i gave mine a metallic silver spray, and let it sit for 2-3 hours on each side, and for the handle being black i dabbed it with black acrylic with a sponge brush to give it a leathery look if that makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all! First time post. I've just finished fiber glassing my helmet and chest piece. Now I'm trying to put together a complete list of what I will need to get them to a pro level like so many I've seen on here. I'm feeling pretty comfortable working off this list here: www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=14613 But the part I'm stuck is the paint.. I've never done any painting like this before and I cannot find a previous thread discussing what kind of paint to be using... engine paint, acrylic paint, outdoor paint... Can anyone point me in the right direction? I think it should be in the noob sticky for future ease http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41890

Thanks!

Nevermind. A few more hours of looking and I found it. Thanks to Spitfire's all-in-one manual. So much to read. :confused It will be worth it though.

New here also and still going thru the wealth of information contained in the tutorials and being shared by the more experienced members of the site. Thank you guys for the coaching, mentoring and your tolerance, I speak for many when I say it is appreciated. As an experienced aircraft and armour builder, I would like to share that there is considerable information to be had regarding weathering techniques such as washes, dry brushing, sealing, battle damage, whether it is with a brush, air brush or rattle can, just the scale is different. As a friend says, you don't have successes or failures, you have a result, regardless of the result, you learn. Challenge yourself, test yourself, share your successes and the less than successful out comes.

Don't discount sites or threads that are not titled for your particular subject. You can always take away small tidbits that can help. Sources and resources are everywhere. It can be as simple as that bread bag closing clip you toss out every day, its styrene, things that small can be cobbled up in to switches and details. Make a trip to the local craft shop, they are not just for little old ladies that knit, wander, look, search, imagine, there is no end to the useful stuff.

Build for yourself, your knowledge and skills will grow, so will the rewards, enjoy.

Vern
great white north

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back