"Help!" for: Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you recommend mounting fans, LEDs, and battery packs in your helmet? Can I use velcro them for it with double sided sticky stuff from jo-anns? And will I have to drill holes in my helmet to put the LEDs in?

For fans I would suggest PC CPU Fans, they can be powered by a 9v Battery, LED's are a little more complicated to me I think for two of them you have to have a resistor between the two LEDs and running to a 9v Battery. Yes for your LED's Drilling holes for them would be best for wherever you want to put them. I always securing my wiring with hot glue after I have soldered the connections.You can get a bag of 9v connectors from Radioshck for a couple bucks.

Asked this on the Misc. thread, but what would be the basic steps to making an "Energy Blade" weapon prop? Preferably one that has a glowing effect in the blade.

Depends on what you want out of it, do you want the hightech version with soundeffects or just a basic one with the blue lights?

Lights for Iron man Eyes. How do I do this. I don't even what kind or where I can get them.

Please help!

how can i wire up a microphone on the outside of my suit and have it play through a speaker on the inside?
and on the flip side a microphone on the inside to a speaker on the outside.

for the internal speakers, you could take the easy route and buy a pair of active earprotectors with builtin mics and install those.

For the internal microphone w external speaker, get a microphone from a gaming headset or similar, build a small amplifier and connect a speaker. That should work. And if that doesn't sound right, buy a loudspeaker (cheap one), dismantle it and install that.

Just my 2 cents, when I finally get around to making a helmet I have the same plans when it comes to the audio.

@ lehi

light up eyes are actually quite simple to do. it would use the same principle as a energy blade prop. if you put an led on the edge of Plexiglas (depending on how strong the led is) will make the plexiglass glow. pm me if you want and i can help further.

cheers
warp

No, armor can never be made strong enough for paintballing. Someone put up a vid a while back demonstrating shooting paintalls at suit. The paintball punch holes straight through.

hey guys i was going to wire up some LEDS soon but was curious as to what resistor i would need. My plan was to just hook up 4 LED's in parallel or series (not sure which is best for this application) but i know a resistor will be needed. Ive seen a few diagrams on how to hook them up but not sure about the actual resistor. I saw a post about cheap website for LED's but i cant find it now. Ebay?
here is an example LED bulb i would be using.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102852

The LED bulb size is not important. You will get the brightest result from parallel wiring and 1 resister per LED. Four LEDs, four resisters.

The resister size is also not too important. Something between 100 and 500 ohms will be fine for either 3 AAAs/AAs or a 9V. Bigger battery voltage, bigger resister value.

Ok, after looking at many completed armor suits, I noticed lots of people have lights in their helmet. How would you do that. do you have to put them in during the pepakura stage?

Ok, after looking at many completed armor suits, I noticed lots of people have lights in their helmet. How would you do that. do you have to put them in during the pepakura stage?

No, build your helmet, then drill holes and put the lights in. Depending on how familiar you are with electronics you can get some little LED-lamps and take those apart or put together something of your own.

I know how to work with electricity. can you buy just plain-old LED's at radio shack or a hobby store?

Not that I will be building it anytime soon but just wanted to see what you techs maybe have come up with as per a electronic light up system for a Carters wrist "computer/datapad". I seen some people use their Iphones or what have yah but has anyone else made something other?

im planing on putting a pc fan (small) inside my hel, but i noticed there r 3 wires. which ones are the positive and negatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back