Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2011
    2 Weeks Ago - Sep 17, 2015, 11:55 AM - Re: "Help!" for: Electronics #876

Originally Posted by FlyinPhil View Post
    You'll probably be better off with a set of rasps/files and a wire brush to clean them often. As far as body filler goes, if you are laying it on more than 1-2mm thick, you are putting on too much.
    I do using files not rasp thought that things destroy my suit. the purpose of buying tools is so that I can sand the left over from files since it's too thick and I rather use machine cause using sandpaper is a pain and very long.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. 405th Pacific Regiment Member ShadoKat's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ShadoKat's Xbox Gamertag shadokatt
    1 Week Ago - Sep 26, 2015, 3:25 PM - Re: "Help!" for: Electronics #877

oh hello there!! i am currently running a single 12v fan off a 9v battery. while it usually lasts through a full con weekend, it is completely inconsistent with fog prevention (i always pair with rain-x anti-fog on my face shield anyway), so i am looking to improve airflow. i plan to cut out the cheek hose area on the inside and make slashes through the hoses themselves, and i would like to place one fan on each side (one for air in, one for air out). i would like to get another fan, but don't want to install another battery. would it be possible to run two 5v fans off a single 9v battery? (from the perspective of an electronics n00b, it seems like it should be better, since i'd be drawing 10v instead of 12v, but i'm sure that logic is fatally flawed somewhere.)

sorry if this has been asked before, but i did use the search feature, and did not find the answer.
    Meatwad's Xbox Gamertag TheXMeatXWadd
    1 Week Ago - Sep 26, 2015, 3:43 PM - Re: "Help!" for: Electronics #878

If the circuit is run correctly, you can run 2 5v fans off of 1 9v battery. The only problem with cutting holes in those vents is light getting into your helmet. If light gets in your helmet, it will be a lot easier to see though your visor, which is not cool off you ask me. I plan on running about 4 fans in my helmet when everything is said and done. I sweat more than the average person, so air movement will be very important.
  5. 405th Pacific Regiment Member peterthethinker's Avatar
    peterthethinker's Xbox Gamertag KG6LSE
    1 Week Ago - Sep 26, 2015, 4:11 PM - Re: "Help!" for: Electronics #879

Fyi most are about 7.5 ish volts. 6 cells .. the good lith ones are 9.