"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dose any one know if there a video on the how to of messureing your self this last thing i need to find beffor i start pep work my self finally my prob is yes i can read the information on messureing but im a concret kinda of person i learn by sight is what it means so i need to see how to do the messureing from a video if there is one out there program im useing and pepakura 3 so if any one knows of a video or has made one please link it thank for your help

Dose any one know if there a video on the how to of messureing your self this last thing i need to find beffor i start pep work my self finally my prob is yes i can read the information on messureing but im a concret kinda of person i learn by sight is what it means so i need to see how to do the messureing from a video if there is one out there program im useing and pepakura 3 so if any one knows of a video or has made one please link it thank for your help

Punctuation is always nice, and there are a few scaling tutorials in the Pepakura sub-forum.

Hello, I am extremely new to 405th and i got an ODST piece in progress. I used an old airsoft vest for a Halo 2 ODST look but im going for the halo 3. I have a question about what the shoulders and chest would be crafted out of. Right now i have them both crafted out of cardboard im hoping to find out what i can use to make more realistic versions, Thanks!

ok, almost done with my MKVI set, and I realized there is one item I never found explained on elmet construction. What do people use for the vertical vents on the front of the helmet, the convex black ones that are about the same area as your cheeks?

ok, almost done with my MKVI set, and I realized there is one item I never found explained on elmet construction. What do people use for the vertical vents on the front of the helmet, the convex black ones that are about the same area as your cheeks?

if you're talking about the tube looking things you can buy tubing by the foot at Home Depot. It is in large spools in the plumbing section, and is usually white.

if you're talking about the tube looking things you can buy tubing by the foot at Home Depot. It is in large spools in the plumbing section, and is usually white.

You could also try to find a construction site and simply ask if they've got a few centrimetres left over (or poke through their trash container, that's where it is if you're too late (still: Ask first!)). Such tubes are encased in concrete to make room for the cables that come later.

By the way, those tubes are installed by electricians, so you can try asking them as well.

awesome, ty for the tip. I never would have even thought to look in the electricians stuff for it. any idea if it comes in different diameters and/or which diameter fits the helmets best?

Punctuation is always nice, and there are a few scaling tutorials in the Pepakura sub-forum.

yes sorry im not good typest ill try do smaller sentsens.
what im looking for is a video totorial on scaleing if there is one yes iv read the scaleing stickys but i dont understand them.
thats why im aksing if thers a video some where maybes that i can watch.
my spelling is also bad lol yes? xD i have disleksia so iv never been good at spelling or typeing but i will try and bream my sentsens up more if it helps make my post easyer to read.

Hello, noob here.

I recently started workin on a Nobel 6 helmet (fiberglassed and ready for sanding and bondo) and I was wanting to use a motorcycle helmet liner for the padding, my question is; Should I get a liner the same size as my motorcycle helmet or go smaller. Any advice is really helpful.

I'm a noob and working on an odst helmet, but I have one question: what do you make the visor out of? will a motorcycle face shield work or do you have to buy one?

I am curious about whether or not people are making "Toy" Weapon Replicas. I cant see very many threads in the weapons and props thread section even though it says there are about 900 threads.

By "toy" I mean weapons that can fire while still being safe (ie Nerf guns and air-soft guns to some extent)

I was curious as to how people are going about it and if they have considered making ones that are just 1-shots like the Nerf Nightfire(i think thats the right one) and just make it so that you just have to push the dart into the gun finger-deep(so it doesnt look like you just happen to have a nerf dart visible at the tip, while still easy to load), you could simply move and modify a nerf guns cocking and trigger mechanisms, as well as putting in a much larger spring than in the original nerf gun. I had one friend mod The Nerf Nightfire with a spring the length of the barrel and that thing could bullseye a target 40ft away easy.

EDIT:
To avoid double posting, and so that I can scare everyone with a wall of a post I have taken my second response off this topic and added it to this one:

I wanted to be extra clear on this. Believe it or not, the world is full of idiots who believe that such a costume makes them invincible and I don't even want to insinuate that this might be true.

And while we're at it: No, the armour doesn't have working shields. Not even the Mjolnir line.

HAHAHA maybe one day someone will invent energy shields

Not for props :)

It wouldnt be a working energy shield, but really, how hard would it be to add a device on your armor that when you pushed a button, it would make sparks...an effect somewhat similar to the burst that we see when someone's shields get depleted.

"Also, maybe one day someone will invent energy shields"? Maybe?!?!?!? I feel offended :p. Along with robotics and armor, when I finish up my engineering degree, that's the kind of stuff I'm totally stoked to try and create and work on :)

I have made a single shot brute spiker it wasnt that hard if i still had it in one pice i would probally give it to you.

hey first time on the website i've been making armor for my son and i'm having trouble finding a place to buy one. can someone tell me where i can get one, preferrably cheap?

I have made a single shot brute spiker it wasnt that hard if i still had it in one pice i would probally give it to you.
Would you mind informing me of what you used as the inside component(what is not seen) like did you use a nerf gun or what?

hey first time on the website i've been making armor for my son and i'm having trouble finding a place to buy one. can someone tell me where i can get one, preferrably cheap?
As far as I know, once you reach 100 posts, you can see a subforum dedicated to buying and selling pieces, sorry to not be much help.

I am working on an eva helmet and am wondering (since no visor ive seen will fit) should I just glue two visors together or something like that?

Tutorials that involve this thread's subject matter and are approved by the site staff will be linked in this post. Please review them as they may already contain the answers you seek.

Ive looked around in the costume building stickies and in the search engine and I didnt find an answer to three questions, so here they are.
1: Is posting questions that have probably been asked before within forum etiquette? I try to check the first page of all the stickies and the search engine, but if that doesn't work I dont want to check through 80 pages on a "Help!" sticky :/

on that note

2: What is the reccomended way to create a visor?
3: I briefly saw "scaling" mentioned and failed to find a sticky on it, scaling itself sounds pretty self explanatory but how do you actually DO it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back