"Help!" for: Misc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive looked around in the costume building stickies and in the search engine and I didnt find an answer to three questions, so here they are.
1: Is posting questions that have probably been asked before within forum etiquette? I try to check the first page of all the stickies and the search engine, but if that doesn't work I dont want to check through 80 pages on a "Help!" sticky :/

on that note

2: What is the reccomended way to create a visor?
3: I briefly saw "scaling" mentioned and failed to find a sticky on it, scaling itself sounds pretty self explanatory but how do you actually DO it?

I'll be more than happy to help you out. The recommended way to create a visor is to get a Gold Mirrored HJC Motorcycle Visor but I have also seen people on a budget use the plastic from a 2 liter bottle for a visor. The scaling is pretty self explanatory but the scaling itself is done with a program called Pepakura Designer. It's free to work with the program but if you plan to work on something be ready to print it out after you work on it because you won't be able to save without a $38 password for it. As for asking questions out of etiquette if you can't find a answer then ask in one of these stickied Help threads to get a answer.

Thank you very much, I also have some follow up questions though. Can you get see through paint for the two liter bottle visor or does it have to remain clear? My other question is is this the correct way to scale? Height in inches, divided by 86, times original scale number, equals number you should put into the scale box? and is it safe to assume all PDOs need to be scaled (I got my helmet PDO from the index)?

I believe there is a paint your own visor tutorial if you wanted to do that with a 2 liter bottle, most people I have seen that have done that though have used a green tinted bottle or other color besides clear for their visor. I'm not sure about that method of scaling my way has always been to measure either height or width of one of my body parts, convert the inches to millimeters and put the number into either the height or width box for myself. A Chest ile for exampe I'll measure from armpit to armpit across my chest get a measurement of 20 inches for example I'll then convert the 20 inches to millimeters and put that in the width box to change it.

Is putting the 405th insignia on your armor frowned upon? if not Im totally putting that on my helmet as I owe most of my knowledge and motivation to the board :p

Is putting the 405th insignia on your armor frowned upon? if not Im totally putting that on my helmet as I owe most of my knowledge and motivation to the board :p

You will need permission to copy the 'official' logo. Here's how you get it, please read the thread also:

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/8547-405Th-Graphic-Guidelines

In this thread there is an an answer from "Adam", (founder of the 405th website) about his feelings of putting the logo on your armour, (this thread is also a worthwhile read):

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...n-to-start-a-controversy.?p=444486#post444486

Wow 0_0 Ok now that I've got a handle on that, assuming I can get permission Id like to display the 405th insignia on my armor, are logos traditionally displayed on the helmet? It's gonna be a while till I get my bicep or chest piece done :/

haaa... im new and im apparently not off to the best start XD when i made my account i typed my username wrong... heh heh.

anyways can a very patient wonderful administrator correct it to ThellT? i cant belive this happened...

Hey guys,

I've been reading like crazy to make sure I know as much as possible for the armor I want to make. One thing I couldn't find an answer to, however. How do I ventilate my helmet (inconspicuously) so that I can breathe properly through it? There are logical places to leave vents on helmets like Master Chief's, but I am building the air assault helmet and I'm not sure the most logical way to allow for breathing on it. Any ideas or tips, please?

very inexperienced, but Id say aesthetically, go for the middle bottom where that bump is, and those actual side vents (the black rectangles by his cheekbones)

been a while since ive been back here. i have questions on body filler. when started the thing was to use straight up bondo. im seeing people using a bondo/resin mixture referred to as rondo. but when i was first here i remember someone referring to Apoxie Sculpt? i did find the product online about $15 a pound. my question is what is easier to sand? bondo, rondo, apoxiesculpt?

Wow 0_0 Ok now that I've got a handle on that, assuming I can get permission Id like to display the 405th insignia on my armor, are logos traditionally displayed on the helmet? It's gonna be a while till I get my bicep or chest piece done :/

If you wan't to follow the same fashion as Halo 3, then the logos are displayed on the Right shoulder-pad, (Example).
If you want to follow the fashion of Halo Reach, then the logos are displayed on the right side of the chest piece (Example).

I'm trying to design one of the armors from Megaman ZX, and was wondering; Is there a resin or some sort of way to make an "Engergy Blade" light up? I want to add lights to the armor and i can't figure out how to get that effect right.

Try asking in electronics too, they probably have a better idea there. I personally dont have any bright ideas :/ sorry

Geting files on Pepakura

Ive downloaded pepakura but when i try to open a file from *The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread: my computer says it cant open it..:(
Email me at alxm95@hotmail.com

where is a good place to get good pep files

Costuming wiki or here on the forums. Use the search function. Also try to use punctiuation marks and hit the right threads with your questions, this one would fit into the papercraft question thread a lot better. A good, easily readable question in the right place will animate a lot more people to answer.

hi guys,

i've been a member for ages but i haven't done anything really. starting to get my butt in gear, but i'm struggling to find a decent, full-body reference pic of the Master Chief to work out the pep scaling from. can anyone link me a good one to use?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back