Props Finally Started This...

So far I've made the HALO3 pistol, Battle Rifle, and Sniper Rifle. What next?

• M90A Shotgun

Votes: 58 29.1%
  • M41 Rocket Launcher

Votes: 33 16.6%
  • W/AV M6 G/GNR Spartan Laser

Votes: 63 31.7%
  • MA5C Assault Rifle

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • M7 Caseless SubMachine Gun

Votes: 23 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well keep us updated i luv ur work i have one of ur M6G's that u did earlier this year and would luv to get my hands on one of these smexy rifles

UPDATES!

Again, the pics should be pretty self explanatory...

4927418017_1554f75f2c_b.jpg

4928013824_40f25d8a6a_b.jpg

4927418235_9b3b53e1b6_o.jpg

4928014078_2bbf88d1aa_o.jpg

Tomorrow, bondo and sanding and a bit more primer. Somewhere in there I'll be making the fluted section of the barrel and buying the stock to make the recoil suppressor and the fat part of the barrel.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Stay tuned...

Lopez has done all that he can for this project. Now on to the lathe...

4945916316_a874298dc6_o.jpg

4945330871_31646ffbdd_o.jpg

4945330449_1cfb68e28b_o.jpg

Next up: fluting the barrel. Stay tuned.

Wow, no comments. I guess I needed more pics:

4946813299_fce9971640_o.jpg

4946813099_0561d25d2c_o.jpg

Tomorrow: a bit more fairing of the main body as well as turning down the recoil suppressor on the lathe.

Stay tuned...

Wow, no comments. I guess I needed more pics:
All the comments that sprung to mind about the single piece in the post prior would have had the potential to get me temp banned cause, yanno... I'm a horrible no good very bad person. *Slaps self*

Still amazing work as always. It may just be my eyes deceiving me, but in that first bit of the barrel it looks like there's some shallow scallops down in the fluting? Could just be dust and fingerprints though. Much straighter and tighter then I currently have the skills to do. Did you do that on lathe too? ^_^

It may just be my eyes deceiving me, but in that first bit of the barrel it looks like there's some shallow scallops down in the fluting? Could just be dust and fingerprints though. Much straighter and tighter then I currently have the skills to do. Did you do that on lathe too? ^_^

The fluting was done using a router table. I made a jig to hold the piece of 3/4" PVC pipe and then made shallow cuts with a half-round router bit. The "scallops" you refer to are probably the slight changes in the depth of the cut based on how hard I was pushing from one moment to the next. PVC is not quite ideal for this application, but it served its purpose.

haha someone looks like he is having a little to much fun with his new toy :p haha looks awesome man, you can really churn these projects out :D keep it up

first off, that looks great! second off, what kind of machine is this??? i would save so much time with one of those, im not sure if my wallet would love me for it though :)

btw, are those evil gun gnomes your targets??? :p

first off, that looks great! second off, what kind of machine is this??? i would save so much time with one of those, im not sure if my wallet would love me for it though :)

btw, are those evil gun gnomes your targets??? :p

The machine is a Craftsman Carvewright. You can read more about it at www.carvewright.com. It's pretty good for what it's made for, but I'm pretty much using it at the limit of its capabilities. If money were no object, I'd prefer a proper 5-axis CNC mill so I could just make the prototypes out of billet aluminum. That's a toy that's probably a few years away though.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to talk myself out of buying one of THESE.

The gnomes are another side project to help pay for things. I'll be selling them just as soon as I have a batch of them painted up. For now I'm just lining up castings and doing a bit of prep work on them:
4970354556_0f53baf86f_o.jpg

Stay tuned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back