Props Finally Started This...

So far I've made the HALO3 pistol, Battle Rifle, and Sniper Rifle. What next?

• M90A Shotgun

Votes: 58 29.1%
  • M41 Rocket Launcher

Votes: 33 16.6%
  • W/AV M6 G/GNR Spartan Laser

Votes: 63 31.7%
  • MA5C Assault Rifle

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • M7 Caseless SubMachine Gun

Votes: 23 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Shawn! It looks like it is coming along extremely well!! Where did you get the SMGs? They look like Cooper editions, but I may be wrong... As always, the stuff looks great!!

The SMGs are from Lee Keegan. He makes great stuff, but these were cast in white resin, so I'm paranoid about scratching them.

The plan is to use friction. As it stands right now it's actually hard to get the mag to slide in and out, so I don't think it's likely to fall out.

Wow Shawn, everything looks great! And I was wondering about the garden gnomes in the background until you posted what they were for, lol. I can't wait to see the finished project!! I have to start building a better sniper rifle for myself soon...>_<

I have to start building a better sniper rifle for myself soon...>_<

If you wait a bit, I'll be making some copies of this one available. I've got some of the gnomes listed on ebay if you want one...

For now though, here's a few update pics:
5010247389_8c021a2837_o.jpg

5010853146_76e5185297_b.jpg

5010247639_dc6c6b2d48_o.jpg

5010853200_4c9f17dd82_o.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates...

Very nice work as usual Thor. I might grab one of these later down the road. I swear one day I'll own as much of your work as you do, haha.

Nobody could make that thingy better, man :)

I don't know, sir. Your build was amazing. I can't imagine the work that would've gone into making this straight from pep. My hat is off to you.

I figured it would be a good idea to post a picture of all of the pieces:
5021613793_9a76fb288e_o.jpg
It wasn't until this evening when I was editing pictures that I realized I forgot to put any bipod legs on the table.

I'll be making the upper guard out of 3/8" rod and it won't be as tall. The one shown in the picture was just something I threw together out of some 1/4" stainless rod I had sitting in the shop without really looking at the reference images to know how tall to make it.

I also decided that the forward scope was too small (because I was trying to shortcut it) so I went ahead and cranked out another one today:
5021613675_3f9bd8d0e6_b.jpg

I knurled the bolt handle yesterday, so this bad boy was the last part I had to make. I ordered some more silicone today and I'll be mailing the main body and the barrel out so they can be molded elsewhere.

I've already got molds for the recoil suppressor, bipod legs, and dummy rounds. So when the new rubber gets here I'll only have eleven more parts to mold up.

Stay tuned...

You scared me! When I have seen the upper guard on that picture... It so... noobish :) Till I have read your description I almost got heart attack :) But fortunately you decided to remake it :)

Here's the last few pieces coming together.

This is the undersized front scope next to the new, improved, larger one:
5025318648_4e60920bda_o.jpg

Here's the new front scope attached to the rest of the scope assembly:
5025318442_11f5f7e301_b.jpg

And last but not least, here's the bolt handle:
5024705509_0ed2401239_o.jpg

With that part made, I've got the whole thing done. Now I just need molds.

New bucket of rubber shipped on Friday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back