Soft Parts What Should I Use An Undersuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoman1993

Im nearly done with my armor and I still am not able to find anything to use as an undersuit. Can someone tell me where I can find a suitable undersuit?

it depends on the type of suit......

if its a marine or ODST just a set of BDU's will do the trick.

but if its the MAJOLNIR armor you may want to go for something like what adam is doing with the BlueRealm suit.

Motorcycle armor also looks particularly awesome for Spartan suits. But it all depends on what armor you are making, and how much time and effort you want to put into the undersuit.

Thanks guys im building a Jorge 052 suit and I believe that ill have to go the more expensive way with the motorcycle armor. Actually, is it possible to make your own undersuit? That way I could add the ridges to the places that need them the most. But im not sure. Building an undersuit seems like alot of trouble.

Thanks

Thanks alot guys. I checked out what Adam is working and it really does seem like a big hassle. I guess im going to have to wait to find cheap motorcycle armor. I actually need motorcycle armor anyway.

Why not a long sleave black shirt and some black warm ups or jeans? Thats what i am doing for my jorge build. I think black jeans would work perfectly for a odst though.

Try checking out your local sporting goods store. You mite find something or figure out how to make a under suit out of different types of padding.

Florida is way too hot/humid for most of this stuff, so I went with Under Armor. It works ok and looks good, but velcro doesn't want to stick to it at all so the strapping can get interesting.

I'm planning on using a full body paint suit. the disposable type. Its baggy enough that i can pad the inside and take in the slack everywhere else. that way its not something i would wear any other time so i could permanently affix the armor. But thats just my plans and i don't know how it will work out.

I have been looking around for cool under body outfits. I found some cool mountain biking pants. Myself, Iam trying to get a real "high tech" look for under the armor. I dont like "personally" the plain black shirts and what have yah. Trying to get stuff thats panelled looking. I found some cool, like I said mountain biking pants. With abit of adjustments and sewing they would work. My old costume I had till I sold it off, was a predator costume. You dont want to be to hot.. trust me. So trying to find things that wont be to bad but still effective. I did find some cool black tactical gloves the other day. Check these bad boys out :)

http://www.chiefsupply.com/Apparel,Uniforms/Gloves/Tactical,Military/DRE25

if I find anything of worthy ill post it up. Cheers

NobleEight

ps. also try looken at black leather motoracing outfits, I found some cool stuff there :) , leather would be really really hot but still be an awsome under suit look :p

http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/109865047/leather_motorcycle_race_suit/showimage.html

Can i use diving suit as a underarmor

As in wetsuits? Yes, but you'll get reaaally hot. You're better off buying biking gear like Skins.

Personally, I nearly live in zentai and gymnastics unitards. Zentai are great for coverage (you can get hands, feet, and balaclava-style face, among other things) and affordable, I get mine off eBay custom-made for perfect fit; but my unitards breathe better than anything else I've worn, so they're great under armour if you don't need united neck, hands, and feet on your undergarb.

On a different note...
Has anyone else had issues with certain fabrics "pitting" under straps and other mounts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would venture a guess as to a cheap but effective meathod would be Underarmor and a black flightsuit. Police catalogs carry a ridged undershirt that they can wear under their body armor. It allows airflow even under a normally snug fitting suit. The black flight suit can be found on sites like www.uscav.com usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back