SPARTAN, NOBLE, and ODST dog tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mid7night

I haven't been around for a while, but I shared this on the HBO forums and wanted to share it here too.

The short version is: I've created dog tags with the Spartan-eagle, Noble emblem, and ODST skull-crest, and I am offering to make custom tags for my fellow Halo-fans.

How? I model them using a 3D-program, upload the file to Shapeways.com, then you order it from their site. I don't make any money (IP infringement issues), the price your paying is for Shapeways material costs and shipping.

By the way, I should mention that these aren't stamped tags, they are SOLID STAINLESS STEEL!

Here are some example pictures of each tag (3D renders):

Spartan, Noble and ODST Emblems

TEXT SIDE OF TAG

Raised Text render

View my personal tags on Shapeways here

What do they cost? Generally, about $19 per tag, however Shapeways has a $25 minimum order policy, so I've bundled two tags together in each order. This brings your cost to $38-$40 per pair of tags. The cost will vary just a little depending on how many characters are actually used. You can choose to get two identical Spartan, Noble or ODST tags, or you can get two (or more) of any combination of them.

Why are they so much? Because they are SOLID STAINLESS STEEL! That's right, these aren't some cheap, stamped aluminum tags, these are serious pieces of metal, only appropriate for Spartans and ODST's. The designs and text are not stamped in, they are raised up on the surface, as you can see in the example pics. The final finish and feel is similar to a fine-detail casting. Here's an example of a coin I made with a bronze-finish.

If you'd like a pair of your own; email, PM, or post the following info for me so I can create your custom service data for the back of the tag:

Name
Multiplayer rank
Service number and first & last initials; created by using the date and time of your first Halo MM game (I can format it by looking at your Bnet games for you if you're confused)
Birthdate followed by the year you created your Bungie.net account (or make up a date if you don't want your birthday known)
Gamertag

Best email for me is: benharber@mac.com

I want to reiterate one last time: I'm NOT making money off this, I'm just doing the modeling and uploading the files to a site where you order the tags for yourself. I've been using Shapeways personally, and they're a great outfit. I just wanted to offer something else for the community.

~ Mid7night

I have a question, do we have to format the text that way? I'd love an ODST pair, but I want to put the information that's on my Med-ref patch.

I have a question, do we have to format the text that way? I'd love an ODST pair, but I want to put the information that's on my Med-ref patch.

Of course, they're your tags and you can put whatever you like on them, as long as the text fits. Is it about the same about of text as what I've shown? Can you show me your patch?

Of course, they're your tags and you can put whatever you like on them, as long as the text fits. Is it about the same about of text as what I've shown? Can you show me your patch?
The patch pretty much says;
A+ (my blood type)
Gysgt. Buckmaster (Rank and name)
405th ODST

Jim-028 is the first to receive his tags, he just put up some pics over at HBO:

th_Logos.jpg

th_Names.jpg

Jim028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back