3 Halo guns in two weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TK637
Thanks. Sorry, no pep file. I didn't even print out a picture of it, everything was done from eye. Yeah, I know, im a freak. :)
@Tyvern
Thank you.

what kind of plastic are you using?

it looks like styrene to me.......

by the way I challenge you to make a SRS99C99-B....A.K.A. Halo 2 SR!!!!!!

@OverKill
Thank you. Avatar is a EU Recon from Battlefield 2142, one of my most favorite games, if only that stupid blankity blank EA Link would only work correctly.

@Tyvern
I'm using sintra PVC sheets. The SRS99C99-B!? Whoa dude that's my favorite sniper rifle from the halo franchise, in matter of fact, most of my favorite halo weapons are from 2.
I'll add it to my quo. After these four are finished, I'm a gonna build the Overwatch AR2 Pulse Rifle from Half-Life 2 A.K.A the bouncy ball gun (This IS my most favorite gun of any fictional weapon ever concieved:)) Followed by the Halo 2 shotgun (I noticed that no one has made a prop for it yet. :|?) then the MK SG-1 Defender Precision rifle from the first Red Faction (The tannish, yellow gun) After that one is done I'll probably start the halo 2 SR. Expect work to start around October, November.
Well. I've screwed around long enough, If I want to reach my goal by labor day, I better get back to work.
Thanks for the support and enjoy.

woah that's more than I plan to do and most of my weapons are M6 and MA5 variants...

also have you played Section 8 and/or Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2?????

My favorite weapon from S8 is the rebel(can't think of the real in-game name right now) assault rifle.

and My favorite Weapon from ME2 is the M76 that was released as a DLC weapon

@M07Marauder
I'm quite excited about the modular setup, converting the rifle to a MA5K, to a sniper, or even a snub nosed bastardized PDW. Just keep watching the AR, it's going to get very interesting. As for the PVC, I get it at Foamboardsource.com. But shipping is like twenty bucks, even for a measily ten sheets. I'm trying to find a different source to get my materials. If you do order from them, order lots and get the most bang out of your buck.

@Tyvern
I'm trying to create an arsenal of fictional weaponry for my customer base for my business. I'm trying to get to the point of making a gun in a week or two. I'm doing good so far making four in two weeks.
I've played a little bit of Mass Effect. In matter of fact a friend wants me to build the AR, SR and the shotty from it, but he's low on the priority list since his Wife won't let him buy one or that he doesn't help me make them. Suffice it to say, they will eventually get made. I've seen section 8 but never played it. Theres a few weapons in there that I think are all right, but nothing I would make. (unless you commisioned me to.) I havn't played ME2, but I did see the M76, I like it, but there are other guns I would rather make. (unless I was commisioned to make it, hint, hint:))

A quick update.
I have most of the weapons parts drawn onto the plastic sheets, I should be able to start cutting them out tommorow and get the main components done in the next couple of days.
As for molding. The pistol is going to be first, as it will be the first one done. It's also probably the easiest to mold since its more simpler and fewer parts than the others. The sub gun will follow, if not done at the same time. The pistol will come in it's standard form, no scope, no silencer, those items will be made while I work on the Overwatch rifle. The sub gun will have all of it's finished components.
The DMR and AR? They will come as they are seen in game, thier accesories will be made while I work on the Overwatch rifle.
Hopefully I will have some pics tommorow night, if not then, Sunday. If you have any more questions, comments, feel free to post.
Thanks for all the support.

on one of your previous post you mentioned selling off some remolds of it, im totally in for that, this looks great!

@Kaboose00
Thanks for your interest. People want them, and they're not even close to being finished. I'm surprised theres a lot of Interest in the Halo: CE rifle, considering theres the Halo 3 and Reach AR. Maybe because it will be modular? Either way I'm going to try to do the best Job on them.

@got armour
Oh Yeah!

@Tyvern
I hope I didn't sound rude, it wasn't my intention (I save it all for F.E.A.R.:)) Thanks for your support.

@Anjose
Yep, starting to see the anyurisms :)

@bobvdijk
I use three different thicknesses, 1mm, 2mm and 3mm. I use the 1mm to do the reliefs and details, 2mm is what I use most for the surfaces, 3mm I don't use very much of, just here and there. I'm kicking myself cause I didnt get the 6mm sheets, cause I could really use them now.
Like the Avatar

Update time.
It's kinda been a slow day today, didin't get any of the stuff cut out yet. I'm debating on wether I should start making the rail for the DMR an AR with what materials I have availible (Wishing I had 6mm sheets), or start cutting out the last of the major components, so my guns have at least some resemblence to the actual guns.
I spent a good part of the day looking for springs that I can get in bulk, cheaply. I managed to find the springs that will be needed (except the return springs for the slides and bolts and magazine springs). Any tips or ideas for springs will be welcomed.
The return spring for the pistol is quite ingenious on how it works, I can't wait to find a compatible return spring and show you guys its awesomeness. The rifles are kinda cool on how the springs will work on them. I am designing them so they can be assembled\dissaembled by removing the pins without tools(Like most modern rifles) Weather I can actually make them do that remains to be seen.
Sorry I won't have any pics tonight, there really isn't anything new to show :( But i'll do my best to have something tommorow night.
Feel free to comment and thanks for your support!

Rude, please! that wasn't rude at all!

and I think that you really should have your props in the elite section when they're done!

Yeah after you mentioned the PVC sheets I started looking online for any stores nearby that sell it but have yet to find one, really interesting material to use.

@Tyvern
I hope the quality of my work reaches that expactation. Thanks for da support.

@M07Marauder
Heres the link to where I currently get mine. http://www.foamboardsource.com/sintra-pvc-foam--sintra-pvc-board.html

Heres the update. Instead of doing what I said I would be doing, I made a few beta peices of the SMG from cardstock. The main grip has a flat back, I was thinking of ways where I could shave some of it off and build it up with putty, giving it a nice round smooth look. But i think I'll take a different approach to it. On the back of the cardstock grip is the back of the plastic grip, partially why I built the beta grip in the first place. The plastic I use can be distorted by using a blowdryer. I got a straight piece and ran the blow dryer on it for about a minute, and placed it on the pack and taped it, so when it cooled down it would retain that shape. I left it on because I didn't want to lose the piece when I got around to doing the grip.
The foregrip was fairly easy to make, I was making a test shape just to make sure that the plastic would work in the final build.
I also made the magazine, I was trying to make the walls as thin as possible so I could make it fit the gun better. Come to find out i made the magazine 4mm too big, and the 1mm plastic sheet would probably work better than cardstock. Fortunately it was a beta magazine, come to find out that the flared edges around the stick were actually part of the feed tray to the M7, which makes it easier on me because those flares were a pain to stick on the mag. And yes, I was doodling on the mag.

I made the bullet out of resin, drilling a hole in the top so i could stick in my bullet later. The bullet was done in the same dimensions as in the Halo ammo diagram, but I felt it was a little bland so I shaved off the edges and made it more like the HK G11 caseless round.
Guns+006.JPG

I get a lot of questions about the PVC sheets, so I'll show you what they look like before they're cut.
On the top left you can see a lot of the M7's components for the foregripa nad the main grip. If you'll notice, the M7 grip is redundant on three sheets. (the third one is off screen.) how this is going to work is the first layer is the 1mm detail layer, where I make it look like it has rubber grips (when painted.) the second layer is the normal 2mm layer that's the standard furniture of the gun. The third layer is the 3mm and is used to take up space. The foregrip will feature a working toggle (?) that you can pull to deploy and lock the foregrip. To the right of those is the MA5's cowling, sharing the same sheet as the left side of the DMR reciever. Below that is the removable DMR fire control where the pistol grip will attach. In the bottom left is the right side of the DMR lower reciever and the MA5's pistol grip and mag well.
Guns+003.JPG

In this pic you can see more of the MA5's grip drawn out on the sheet. To it's left is the front cowling to the AR. To the right is the DMR's pistol grip and front sight post. Just off the screen is the DMR's foregrip.
Guns+002.JPG

The last pic are casts of the 5mm caseless, the 12.7 Magnum and the 7.62, next to each other to give a sense of scale.

Guns+005.JPG

Tonight I'm going to make specially shaped blocks so I can make the flashlight/grenade launcher on the AR (A Grenade Launcher?! This is partially what's going to make the MA5 GREAT!!) and the heat vents on the DMR. Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures when I do this.
As usual feel free to critique, comment, make a suggestion, also dont forget to visit my Blog http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/ to see the quaility of my work. Make sure to bring cake as my blog turns 1 week old tommorow.
Thanks for the support and enjoy the pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back