3 Halo guns in two weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow im so stoked and im definetly going to buy ( if you sell them lol) a copy of the DMR cant wait for more pics of the DMR progress hope i can buy one :D :D :D :D im soooooo stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

@Dragoman1993
Thanks.

@Tyvern
Thanks. The 7.62 bullet is a little lopsided, so I'll have to recast it.

@Schoeber
Thanks.

Its update time.
Today I can officially say I wasted the better part of the day trying out an experiment to build the guns faster. In an effort to reduce the time to cut out and glue each individual peice to a large surface, I experimented with using a blow dryer to soften the PVC and form it around a specially designed block. I first started by making the vents, which they in themselves took about two painstakingly hours to make.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Then I taped them to the blocks and used a hair dryer to bend them.
Da+Guns+002.JPG

I spent three hours cooking in the bathroom while I tried to get the shape right on them. Here is the final result.
Da+Guns+004.JPG

They warped, really bad. I spent an hour sanding down the warped areas until everything was level, but the shroud was incompatible with the upper reciever. I have no choice but to start over again. A shortcut that was only supposed to take three hours turned into six.
The lesson for today is: Shortcuts turn to longcuts. For now on I'm gonna stick with my usual method.
I did accomplish some things today. I managed to assemble the lower reciever and put the "stenciling" on it, but then I had this great Idea to show the surface details so I'm currently ripping off the stenciling and resurfacing the lower reciever. Should have completed pics tommorow. I got the "stenciling" done for the DMR foregrip and it's now ready to assemble.
Da+Guns+003.JPG

I don't know about you guys, but to me this feels painfully slow, like as though I'm not accomplishing enough in a day. But at the same time I want to make sure that my weapons are of the highest of quality. So hopefully, but I'm not promising anything, I'll have most of the major components built within the next couple of days.
Thanks for your support and as always questions and comments are welcomed

Very interesting. Looking great so far. Perhaps I missed it, but it looks like you are drawing these yourself and then tracing them out on sintra like plastic sheets? Interesting idea. Looking forward to seeing more.

@Insane DC
Thanks. I'm still working on a design that will work with the J model, but still retain the Halo look.

@Tyvern
Thank you.

@Terrag Shugo
Thanks. If I could trace my drafts, this would go a lot faster. I usually have to measure and draw the design.

Time for an update.
I managed to make new heat shields, and these ones are compatible with the upper reciever.
Da+Guns+006.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

As you can see, not all of the plastic tabs are cut out of the lower heat shield, it still needs more sanding. As I said last night, I had a brilliant idea on how to do the detailing. I cut out the shapes and glued them back in, creating the surface that is seen on the gun.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Here is the partially assembled lower reciever, with a skeletal foregrip. I'm going to put rails on the bottom of it and have the foregrip removable, replacing it with the grenade launcher that's being made for the MA5, a bipod, vert grip and so on.
My intentions is to make the gun still attractive with the foregrip removed.
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Heres a closeup of the upper and lower recievers.
Da+Guns+004.JPG

And heres a picture of the components in thier places to give an idea of the overall progress on the gun.
Da+Guns+003.JPG

Tommorow I'm going to work on the M7 and DMR grips, along with the guide slots for the upper and lower reciever assembly, and the bolt. Hopefully I can assemble the grip for the MA5 tommorow, but we'll see what happens.
Thanks for your intrest and support, feel free to comment.

Looks amazing man i cant wait to see when its finished!
one question though about how much do you think the dmr will cost and how are you holding the plastic sheets together?

@Mustard Chef
Thanks, I can't wait to see it finished either. If I do sell, it, I think that discussion would be best talked through IM or E-mail. As for holding it together, I use Loctite super glue, reinforced by Loctite epoxy resin, and sand it down accordingly.

@schoeber & got armour
First anyurisms, now tribal chanting. Can't get any better than this :)

I got started on the grips for the M7 and DMR, but my girlfriends car died and I spent a good portion of the day changing out the alternator. Sorry guy's, she has the highest priority.
But what I got done so far is looking pretty good. I layered the 2 and 3mm and I'm now starting to cut out the rough shape of the grips bevel. Hopefull I'll have some pictures up tonight when their done. I started working on the MA5 a little bit and i realized it's going to have a thick grip. (One inch!) Hopefully it won't be too akward to hold. I had to do this so the grip was in proportions to the lower reciever. But that's okay, its still following the design.
Thanks for all the support (and chanting) and I'll keep you guys updated on the updates.

Edit:

Managed to put together the foregrip on the M7 and partially assemble the main body. It's too late into the evening to fire up the sander, so I'll save that for tommorow. I did accomplish stuff, but I'm too tired to go into details. I'll let the mess speak for itself.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

@got armour
The smg is a gonna blow your mind! -:)<, the weird shape you see in the middle of the gun is the feed ramp. The dust cover will be removable and you will be able to see the dual spring rods, barrel, barrel shroud and the three round cylinder and feeding ram. (Wether I can make it function remains to be seen) I doubt I can make it cycle, but it'll add to the cool factor.

Been working with the DMR and the MA5 a bit. Studying and building the MA5 so its moldable, and doing the boring mundane garbage that has to be done, like filling in the seams and sanding them down. So theres really no new pictures to show, unless you guys really want to look at seams?
The lower reciever to the DMR is 90% complete, and the upper reciever is 80%. I need to make slots for both parts and make the magazine so I know where to place the bolt, bolt release, trigger rod and fire control.
Sadly I won't be able to make my two week goal, but I thought I did pretty good making four guns at once. I'll have to get my game with the originals instead of the copies. But I still plan on molding them.
I will be doing very little work on the guns over the weekend, as my brother is coming to vist, meaning no pics, and lotsa MW2 and ODST. The next pictures you can probably expect is a nearly assembled DMR, and M7 smg.
Thank you for your support and excitement and have a safe, fun Labor day.

ok chanting is a must lol D M R OO HA HA DMR OOH HA HA DMR OOOOOO HAAA HAA DMR DMR DMR WOOO HA HA LOL and h3ll ya im stoked for the dmr ps how much does it cost to make one (suplize ect ) and how long ( hours wise ) :$ :O :$ :O :O :O :O wooo ha ha

Thanks for all of the enthusiasm everyone (and chanting) Sorry it's nearly been a week since I last posted. It's been pretty busy with my son starting school, labor day and more kindergarten related school stuff. This week is why I was shootin for my goal. Oh well, it's all outta the way now, and I can continue at my technically perfect pace.
Onto der updates.
I tore up the bottom part of the upper reciever so I could make more "tighter" slots for the lower and upper recievers to connect without any gaps, but also means more work. The MA5 reciever is slightly bowed, so instead of getting that done, I've been trying to correct the bow without replacing the pieces, which fortunately I found a solution that just might work.
I've also been doing concept designing for the pistol in it's many iterations, and I think I finally found designs that will probably work for it, and still fit comfortably in the Halo universe. I will be building Models C-N, despite there is no reference of the M6L, M, or N, I thought they would be important to include.
M6L is a bit of a surprise, to give you a hint, it shares the same traits as a particulerly famous James Bond weapon.
M6M is a match grade varient of the M6 pistols,
M6N is dual tone, I think a silver body witha black slide would be kinda cool, don't you guys think?
I finisehd the grip for the DMR, but it still needs touchups here and there, but more or less, its done. A hole is going to be made on the front peice so the handguard can latch into the hole, and be bolted to the grip. I removed the skeletal foregrip to do some work on it, making adapters so it can connect to the upper reciever and the heat shields.
Da+Guns+003.JPG

I've built most of the major components for the M7 smg and I taped them all together to see how it will fit and to find size errors. The foregrip is way to long to fold, so I'm going to have to sand down on the handle, and the post for the grip is too tall, so I'll have to sand down the upper post to give the foregrip a lower profile when it's folded. The foregrip will be removable, and other parts such as a standard rail, special attachements or even a plain surface will be able to be mounted on the smg.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

I'm going to be busy this weekend, so I expect I won't be able to get a whole lot done, but the beggining of next week, I'll probably switch into full gear and hopefully finish all of the guns. Don't forget to visit my Blog at http://tactonyx.blogspot.com/
Thanks for your interest and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back