3 Halo guns in two weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice work thus far. I'm very interested in aquiring any casts you may have available in the future. The detail is above my skill level. I'd never be able to make them myself lol.

WOW! This smg is looking beastly, and the dmr is looking like its coming along good too! Great job man, and keep up the great work! :)

wow, this is going to turn out really really well, i canot wait to see the end of this!

@LandonFoster1
I guess I could make a tuturiol when I start on the Halo 2 Shotgun or Halo 2 Snipy. But theres a lot of methods that I use that go away from pepkura, so I don't know how helpful the tut will be. Thanks for your interest though.

@Terrag Shugo
Thanks. As for selling them, I've decided that I will sell copies of them since they've got so much interest.

@Altair651
Thanks, the DMR is taking the back seat for a while, so right now I'm working on the smg and the pistol, trying to get them done and outta da way.

@0235
Thanks. Hopefully the end will be next week, maybe the week after at the latest.

@got armour
Oh yeah!

I got no visual updates tonight, taking a small break from the SMG and Pistol.

Wow, those guns are really awesome so far. I can't wait to see them finished :D

Geez. The level of detail that's going into this is simply awe-inspiring. I'm anxiously looking forward to more updates.

hey,

you are a real master with this plastic guns you make
they look awesome!
I am planning on starting a SMG as well from card-/foamboard

can you tell where I can find the real sizes of the SMG??
I am searching but with no result this far

Good luck with your guns!

@Jbn0s0rus
Thanks, I will make a tut for the Halo 2 shotgun.

@Charlie13
Thanks, the pistol is nearly finished.

@Sumofl
I like lotsa details:)

@Spartan Will-043
Thanks

@Dragoman1993
Thank you. Work on the DMR will resume after the M7 smg is finished.

@Bram76
Thanks. I scaled the submachine gun based off of my handsize. I'm sure somewhere on this site theres a wireframe of the smg that should be able to help. Sorry I don't have one, I drafted my SMG by hand, and yes, my draft looks like a train wreck.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

I would probably start with the ammo (23mm long, 8mm wide) and your hand size (XL for me), or if you have your own pistol, you can use the handle for a size reference. Thats the most I can give you for advice. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Iiiitttssssaaa Update Time!
Sorry for the long silence, I've been busy with work and the Pistol. I've put all other projects aside and I'm working to getting the pistol done first. The pistol at the moment is about 88% done. Needs a lot more sanding and some of the internal components need to be built.

Here in the first couple of pictures you can see the frame is about 98% done. It still needs more sanding, the front sight post still needs to be made and some of the pin holes need to be widend.
000_0940.JPG

000_0939.JPG

The hole you see inside the handguard on the frame is the magazine release. Pretty cool place to stick it huh?

The slide is about 95% done, all is left on is the serrations on the back plate, the sear attachment, final touch's on the firing pin, the rear dove sights, spring and spring guide rod.
000_0935.JPG

000_0934.JPG

And yes the extractor does work!
000_0936.JPG

The grip is about 95% complete, all is left on it is the magazine release, drill holes for the grip adaptors (Such as backstraps and stocks) and lotsa sanding. The grip is about the same size of that of the .50 Deagle.
000_0938.JPG

The magazine is about 85% done, all is left to do on it is sand down on the lip of the mag, build the plunger and floorplate. Next to the mag is a broken S&W99 .45 Auto mag, 9 round, (theres a story behind that) the M6 mag can hold 12 rounds. The magazine is taped up in preperations for molding.
000_0933.JPG

Here it is in peices with the J 14 inch barrel at the bottom of the picture.
000_0921.JPG

Man, my camera sucks! , they're all to frickin bright! can't see the detail goodness.
I anticipate the pistol will be done within the next couple of days. The pistol's accesories might take me the rest of next week, but we will have models C-J and M.

Heres a list of the varients in the M6 family

M6A: Standard issue, black finish. (Reach style)
M6B: Standar issue, smart scope, electroless (Reach style)
M6C: Standard issue, standard grip, black finish
M6C/SOCOM: Integral silenced barrel, standard grip, black finish
M6D: C Frame, shorter barrel, extended grip, electroless
M6E: C Frame, standard grip, de-cocker, electroless finish
M6F: C Frame, standard grip, dual tone
M6G: C Frame, smart scope, standard grip, electroless finish
M6H: C Frame, smart scope, de-cocker, stock, standard grip, electroless finish
M6I: C Frame, Ported barrel, selectable assault, stock, extended grip, 20 round mag, black finish
M6J: C Frame, 355mm (14 inch )barrel, stock, standard grip, foregrip, 20 round mag, electroless finish
M6K: Compact, 6 rounds mag, short grip, black finish

The frame you see in the previous photos is the C frame, it will be able to assume the role of all but varients A,B and K. The grip shown has a slot in the back of the grip to allow backstraps and stocks to be attached.

When finished the pistol will be able to insert several different magazines, mount different barrel lengths, and add on different fire control systems. There will be a magazine release, the trigger will release the firing pin, the firing pin will slam forward when released, the slide release will lock when the magazine plunger reaches the top of the empty magazine, the slide will feed a round into the fring chamber and extract it (The extractor works already. :))
Heres the pistol quasi assembled. I'm following the style of the pistols found on a master chief sculpture I found somewhere. Enjoy!
Da+Guns+002.JPG

Thanks for the enthusiasm, interest and support. Stay tuned, the pistol is about done!

Wow... no replies. That is really suprising because that pistol is extremely awesome. Maybe its just cuz people are at a loss of words to describe the awesomeness of it.

Wow... no replies. That is really suprising because that pistol is extremely awesome. Maybe its just cuz people are at a loss of words to describe the awesomeness of it.

Maybe, it might also be that everyone is waiting for the pistol to be completly finished before they comment, or they were more interested in the M7 and DMR. Theres a ton of M6's running around the 405th, nothing too terribly exciting about another M6 WIP. But I'm sure people will talk once they see what this mad Muhhamud can do:)

I can say that I find what you've done so far phenomenal. with the last post with pics (the M6), have you though about getting some of those components (like the lower frame) cast in aluminum? I've seen plenty of inexpensive ways to do this, (and if i wasn't stuck in an apartment I'd offer :D ).

The detail you've put into these pieces is spectacular. Hope to see more updates before too long!

@Ravenwolf
Thanks. I am going to try to do a cold cast of the pistol in a nickle silver powder, and cheaper, reguler resin versions will also be availible too (all colors availible as long as it's black) As for forgeing and metel working, I really don't like the heat. It's bad enough to live next to the river in the high desert in August. Of course it's been unusually cold this year, nearly fifteen degrees below average. Only had one day this entire summer that barely broke a 100F, and the funny thing was, I was in Las Vegas when it happened.
Sorry, I like weather stuff.
Anyways back to the model. As for the frame, it's going to be a little tricky to cast, because of the barrel shroud, barrel hood and the mag well, I might have to make some special peices for the inside of the frame to get the shape that I want from the mold. But if you have another idea for casting, feel free to input. Thanks

@got armour
Oh yeah, Muhhumad is coming your way. As for the M7, it's on hold until the M6 and it's accesories are completed. But the M7 should probably be a lot faster to build. (Lot less accesories and significantly less sanding.) Start saving your pennies, they are a comin!

Update time.
Found the mag well was crooked, so I had to tear it apart and rebuild it so it was straight again, did some more sanding, and sanding, and even more sanding. I also worked on the slide/frame interaction, sanding some more just to make sure the slide will move with little resistant on the frame. Right now at this moment I'm designing the M6J, M6I and M6M, trying to keep the furniture as "Halo-esque" as possible. I think I'm onto something with the foregrip on the M6J, but as for the stock for bot hM6j and M6I, I have my favorite style but it doesn't fit in with the Halo weapon design language. I found another stock that I like, and follows the design language, but it's incompatible with the current setup that I have with my pistol. I dunno, I guess I'll figure something out.
Criticisms, questions and comments are welcomed, Im glad you guys are impressed and thank you all for the support.

What an interesting thread. How did I miss this. For all intents and puropses you're engineering something that could possibly be cnc'ed out aluminum billet and with some extra work in the interrnals made into an actual blank firing gun. This is pretty frickin awesome indeed.

@Tyvern
Thanks. Wait till you see the pistol now. Looks way better than in the pic above. But the next pics I'm going to show is the completed pistol.

@alix965
Sometimes the thread dissapears to page three and becomes forgotton. But now that I have a nearly finished project, it has gotten a lot more attention. As for engineering, if this were to be made into a real handgun, it would be a scary one to use at that. It would shoot at full auto (Didn't want to mess with making a semi auto fire control) Lacks a gas system, so this thing is going to kick a lot harder than a Deagle. And how Bungie designed the handle doesn't allow a positive grip, even for a guy who stands seven feet tall. Other than that, that would be cool.

Taking a little break from the pistol. Stuck a compression spring in the slide and started testing it. The spring made the slide derail and the spring shot out of the back of the gun. Fortunately the gun wasn't damaged. I'm trying an extension spring, has alot less tension than the compression spring. After I get it installed, I can finish the frame and putty it (followed by more sanding :p) after it's cured I can stick in the fire control and slide release, make sure those work, and then finish the maf and make the sights for it. Then it will be done. I'm going to try to get it all done tonight, but I'm not promising anything. I think I finally come up with a carbine stock that will work with the design language. The silencer, smart scope and muzzle brakes will hopefully take a couple of days to make.
Thanks for you intrest and feel free to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back