3 Halo guns in two weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the double post. For reasons unkown I can't edit my last post.
Heres a small update. The pistol is 99% done, all is left is the sights and installing all of the inner workings, and more sanding :(. I finally came up with a design for the M6J Carbine, and I think that it'll compliment the other Halo weapons, though the other design I came up I liked better, this one works in the Halo universe. I have the Carbine foregrip and stock in the works right now, along with the smart scope and the Socom sound suppresor. Stay tuned.

Liking the build so far. If you want to edit, you have to go into the advanced editor after you click on the edit button. Hope that helps and look forward to seeing the carbine concept.

An oversized recoil operated .50 handgun firing full auto? HA! I don't think even a hydrostatic gel layer and armored gloves will keep the web of your hand from bruising. I wonder what would happen if you tried a captured spring that you could just drop in. that should relieve any stress on the glued parts of the gun. At least until you get the thing cast.

An oversized recoil operated .50 handgun firing full auto? HA! I don't think even a hydrostatic gel layer and armored gloves will keep the web of your hand from bruising. I wonder what would happen if you tried a captured spring that you could just drop in. that should relieve any stress on the glued parts of the gun. At least until you get the thing cast.

I've unloaded a Deagle before (forgot the name of the technique), which the gun is slightly more powerful than the M6. (12.7x33mm vs. 12.7x30mm) It really doesn't hurt your hands to shoot it fast, if you have a positive grip, but the deagle was very difficult to control. But since the M6 is recoil operated, I dunno, probably will hurt bare hands. Along those lines, I had the oppourtunity to fire a Glock 18, yeah it was difficult to control when you unloaded it, but in bursts it did prety good. I think the same application would apply with the M6I, plus it also comes with a stock, making it more controllable.

A capture spring? Never heard of it. May have seen it, but never heard of it. Can you give me a link? Thanks. What i've done instead is replaced the compression spring with a extension spring. But the model is designed in such a way that I can switch between both springs. But I think that extension would probably be best for it.

So will this really work? Like you put the right bullet it the mag pull the trigger and the hammer will hit it with enough force to shoot? Also are you thinking of making molds of the pistol for sale? if so could you send a price to LandonFoster1@yahoo.com? Thanks man all of this looks great

So will this really work? Like you put the right bullet it the mag pull the trigger and the hammer will hit it with enough force to shoot? Also are you thinking of making molds of the pistol for sale? if so could you send a price to LandonFoster1@yahoo.com? Thanks man all of this looks great
I don't quite understand your question. Could you please rephrase it? Thanks. :) As for making molds of the pistol, I did decide to sell my pistols and the following configs will be availible.

M6C: Standard issue, standard grip, black finish
M6C/SOCOM: Integral silencer, standard grip, black finish
M6D: C Frame, shorter barrel, longer grip, electroless
M6E: C Frame, standard grip, electroless finish
M6F: C Frame, standard grip, dual tone electroless frame, black slide
M6G: C Frame, smart scope, standard grip, electroless finish
M6H: C Frame, smart scope, stock, standard grip electroless finish
M6I: C Frame, fully automatic, stock, extended grip, 20 round mag, black finish
M6J: C Frame, 355mm (14 inch )barrel, stock, standard grip, foregrip, 20 round mag, electroless finish
M6K: Compact, 6 rounds mag, short grip, black finish (Willl be built later)

The pistol is modular, you can change out the barrels or mix and match systems. Example: sticking the silencer on the I varient with a stock (Hey, that's not a bad idea) or have the carbine varient without a stock and a black slide. As for a price, that will be determiend on material and labor costs (Projected material costs are already in the triple digits.)
But I will be starting a list next week once the pistol is complete.
As for status on the pistol. It's still wavering at 99% completion, I've decided to finish all the accesories before I show off anything. Right now the M6J Barrel shroud, M6I&J stock, the smart scope and the silencer are already cut out and partially assembled. The forestock for the M6J is drafted but isn't cut out yet.
I know a lot of you guys were expecting pictures, but please bear with me, I wan't this to be like a surprise birthday party. Or something.
Thanks for all of the support and I promise to post pictures as soon as it's completed.

Dude, that DE is surprisingly easy ro operate. I'm sure the rotating bolt feature doesn't hurt it none. By the way I saw a Youtube of a guy who put a vertical foregrip on the tac-rail of a slect fire Glock...guess what happened. Here's a hint OUCHIES HAHAHA

Also, the thing is called a captured recoil spring. I doubt they have one available for the size of your beastie, but I'm sure you can fabricate one. All the tension is contained within the rod/spring mechanism(?) not the frame or slide.

I think that the final result of T-Onyx's endevors will be to (mass?) produce what all of us, 'weapon' makers want. A dummy gun with a removable magazine, which also chambers a dummy round, with a working trigger and slide. I'm not sure that there will be a 'blank firing' version of T's guns...or will there????

p.s. T, ya like how I shortened your name from Tactonyx to T-Onyx to 'T' within the span of of 2 sentences? :)

Just got back from South Jordan. It's good to be home.
I think that the final result of T-Onyx's endevors will be to (mass?) produce what all of us, 'weapon' makers want. A dummy gun with a removable magazine, which also chambers a dummy round, with a working trigger and slide. I'm not sure that there will be a 'blank firing' version of T's guns...or will there????

p.s. T, ya like how I shortened your name from Tactonyx to T-Onyx to 'T' within the span of of 2 sentences? :)
Kudos for alix965, hit the nail on the head.
And let me make it clear now, for anyone who looked at the dummy gun link. My models are hand crafted and are uncommon, they will be made in a limited run. The dummy guns are machined, casted from real firearms, and mass produced. Just giving you guy's a heads up that the prices will not be similer.
I see what spring you were talking about, that's the setup I originally had in the M6. I agree with you on the Deagle, its nice and easy to handle, unless you have magnum flinch. The Deagle ranks one of the best pistols I ever owned. My most favorite is the Walther P99 9mm. It handled like a dream, my record still stands at the CSI POST for the fastest draw (out of a triple retention holster no less) and fastest reload. The most accurate pistol I've shot was the 10mm Witness Match, I could put round after round through the same hole. but I hated how the safety always got in the way of the slide release. My friend had a H&K .45 USP, I liked it a lot, but I couldn't get the same performance out of it as I did with the Walther. (I didn't have it around to practice with)
Sorry, I like to talk guns.
@Telemus
Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
@alix965
Yeah, I saw what you did, T-Onyx. I guess that works. But T? That could lead to some confusion. I like saying Tactonyx, I think it's a really cool name, got the idea from Bionix Weapon Systems. I like the X sound at the end. Well I gotta get back to work on the Pistole'.
Thanks for the comments and feel free to comment

hey man this is awesome!

definitely gonna be one of the guys that is gonna try to get the M6

Tactonyx, you ol' son of a gun. The way you went off on that tangent I could swear your real name is Sam Fisher or James Bond or Jason Bourne or some other badass that's just full of all kinds of ...badassery.

And I agree. What you are making is not hand made...it's hand-crafted from the rawest materials that can be used practically. until you get some castsings done, they will each have their own personality. Bravo.

Tactonyx, you ol' son of a gun. The way you went off on that tangent I could swear your real name is Sam Fisher or James Bond or Jason Bourne or some other badass that's just full of all kinds of ...badassery.

And I agree. What you are making is not hand made...it's hand-crafted from the rawest materials that can be used practically. until you get some castsings done, they will each have their own personality. Bravo.
Thanks for the complement, I just hope it meets you guys's expectations. Though I don't deserve the title "Badass" I am an avid shooter.
Since returning from Utah, I've managed to get most of the accesories done for the pistol. Still need some work on the smart scope and the LAM, along with making the attachments for the stock and finishing the rear sights on the carbine, I'm making good progress. Can't wait to get it finished.
Thanks for all the support guys, it's almost there.

Tactonyx, after going through your guns build, I am GLAD that Nintendude paired us up. Looks like I'm the one who'll be learning from you... *salute* :)

why is this still in the noob forum this needs to be moved to creation discussion and for your awsome effort into your projects you can haz cookies :3
cookies.jpg

Hey guy's I'm back. Got sucked into some history channel stuff on netflix (Aside from a gun whore, I'm a history whore too.) So I didn't get a whole lot done (Thats what I get for working on the weekends) But rest assured, progress is being done. Spent about 9 hours yesterday sanding XP. If it wasn't for that the gun would've been finished two weeks ago! But almost there, almost...

@red-109
"I was but the learner, now I am the master!" Sorry couldn't resist quoting Star Wars. Oh yeah, I'm glad they paired us up too. I really like your Azriel build, I'm sure you can provide a lot of insight when I start my Gungnir armor, just have to wait for the pep file to be made. Feel free to ask any gun questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

@got armour
Chocolate chip? My favorite! As for where the thread is, I really don't care if it's in the noob or creation. As soon as the MA5 is done, I'm bugging out of noobville. My next project, OSIPR 2 (Known as the AR2 Pulse Rifle from Half-Life 2) will be posted in the creation forum. I know it's not Halo, but it's one bad@$$ rifle and I gotta have it in my armory.

So... Who ordered the tallboy?
Da+Guns+003.JPG

A little teaser to whatsa comin. Man oh man, it looks totally sweet in the carbine configuration

yo my man,

you are a real master!
how many guns have you allready create?
I wanna see your collection maybe can make a pic of them?

good luck with the last progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back