3 Halo guns in two weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always tell when someone who knows firearms works on a prop - the detail is just more realistic. Excellent work so far!

@Alix965
It's almost there, Im just taking a quick break at the moment.

@Bram76
Thanks, This would be my first gun model. I've made furniture for guns and tactical gear for some officers in this area, but I didn't think to take any pictures of them, but there's not a whole lot to them, visually and artisticly. I'm making a Carraca Gypsy knife for a TFCSO Deputy, going away from wood, engravings and nickle plating to full fledge plastic practical N' tactical quasi kukri style. Nothing like having a 11" (255mm) folder, that has a ratchet mechanism that chatters when you flip it out. Bad@$$.
As for my collection, the only availible completed project that I have at this time is this:
Mech+01.JPG

It's a sad, sad story to what happened to the rest of my collection. But I don't wan't to bore you guys with it, just give me time and I'll have a impressive collection made. If you liked the Timberwolf pic, I got more back on my blogspot.

@Blackact
Thanks. I try to excel on all of my projects.

@Telemus
It's nearly there. I have an internal deadline, and I am ahead of schedule :)

@~rumble
Thanks. The M6 is actually based off of a couple of my guns. .50 Deagle, 9mm Walther P99 and a 10mm Witness Match. Used a Deagle mag for the M6's mag, the Walther for the internals and the Witness for the safety, slide release and slots.
Thanks for all the support and stay tuned.

@got armour & Harris007
Actually it's been five weeks, now I feel dumb because none of them are completed and the allotted time I gave myself has expired. Not making excuses, the meduim I'm used to working with is foamboard and cardstock, such as the 'mech above is made from foamboard and cardstock. It was done in the allotted time it was demaded. For these, I was accounting for the anticapated time of assembly for the four weapons, but what I failed to anticipate with these four guns is all of the insane amount of sanding I would have to do to make it look nice, I probably spent a good 112 hours sanding on the pistol alone. But that is about to come to an end.

An update is coming! The pistol is nearly finished, just a little more sanding XP and the primer coat and it will be ready to show. Just a few hours left!

This double post is cause for celebration!
Introducing the 99.99% completed M6 pistol series!

000_0950.JPG

000_0952.JPG

Dissasembled pistol and accessories

Da+Guns+008.JPG

Da+Guns+007.JPG

Bullet, Barrel and serial number

000_0958.JPG

000_0959.JPG

Slide

000_0954.JPG

000_0956.JPG

Inner Workings

000_0960.JPG

M6C, M6E, M6F, take your pick.

000_0962.JPG

M6G

Da+Guns+002.JPG

M6S SOCOM.

In the picture showing off the M6C,E & F, the slide looks as though it were drooping. It must be an optical illusion from the camera as the slide does not droop. Tommorow after my camera charges up, I'll take another picture of the slide.
On the M6S, the silencer vent is above the gun. It will be glued in after casting.
Hope you enjoyed my model. Feel free to comment / critique

Da+Guns+005.JPG

That's some extremely clean work - will be watching to see if ya put these under molds.

Also, that is a great Timberwolf. I had a Mech Warrior flashback xD.

I refuse to comment on account that All the Effin expletives I'd use would get me a life time ban from All forums on all the internets. This is crazy. The amount of research and detail you've put in to this/these projects is ridiculous.

on second thought

Holy F**k*n *h*t. This muth*F**in gun is the *H*T!! my filthy F**in paws are itching. You are one hell of a **** ****** God***m M*tha*F**** genius. You Dirty *** ****** I am so jealous!!! GAH
scary_face.jpg

WOW!

@~rumble
Yeah, I had to clean it up. Not sure if the paint left any strands or the blanket that I sprayed the parts on did. Had to wipe them down before I took pictures. The paint gummed up some of the firing assembly, so I have to sand them down. Might get some black dye to put in the resin so those parts won't have to be painted. I've already ordered some silicon and resin, and right now I'm working on the mold boxes. As soon as the fisrt successful cast comes out and is assembled, I will start taking orders in the classifieds.
Nostalgia? Mechwarrior was fun. Yeah, I like MW3 gameplay better than MW4, but I like the MW4 'mechs better than MW3. Mostly, it's the designs that I liked, especially the Clan 'mechs. The Timberwolf isn't my favorite (Puma all the way baby!) but it had the greatest impression, in the MW3 intro video the Timberwolf always gave me chills everytime I see it loping down that hill. Just hope MW5 gets out of it's legel quagmire.

Altair651
Thanks. The customization is based off of some Halo lore, mentioned off hand such as the M6J carbine, M6I Machine pistol and so on. But since no pics are availible, I made my own design (Cause I really wanted the M6J) Also, I made the pistol so it could accept parts from nearly all the halo games. (Such as being bare, smart scope, silencer, so on and so forth) My plans for it is to make a bunch of them and mount them on a plaque, showing off each type of M6. I might make my own M6A/B, might get one from some of the other guy's around here, havn't decided yet. To sum it all up, I made all the accessories for the cool factor.

alix965
See? I told ya this was gonna blow your mind! -:)<
To translate your long list of colorful metaphors, you're trying to say that this is the cats a$$. I knew you'd like it.

Ehekky
Danke. I try to make the most of my work.

@Kimberly Mayzck
Aloha! Thanks, I try do my best

Update time
When I said it's 99.99% done, that means that all of the construction work is done, the .01% is the knobs, screws and bolts that I cannot make, or have any desire to machine, and the final paint job. Have to go out and buy them. I will be resuming work on the M7 smg here shortly, and I do have an internal deadline for it as well. Unike the M6, I will keep you guy's updated with pics. (Yeah, depriving you guys of M6 pics was kinda cruel.) Most of the main components are already done for the M7 and it should come together a lot faster than the M6.
Below is a picture of the M6C with no pins, and no barrel, just to show that the slide does not droop. I didn't attach a lot of the stuff because I need to sand them down so they aren't so snug.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

As always feel free to comment or critique and thanks for all of your guys's support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, this is some intense work!!!
I would be pleased just to have the DMR schematics on top of my bed, its awesome drawing skills and even more incredible construction skills!!

I'm trying to make guns too and thought this post could be great for me but its on such a higher level that I can't use anything up here :p
Truly incredible stuff you have there buddy, truly incredible!!!!!

Wow... you should totally shoot a video showing how it cycles a round.
I really wanna see how this baby works! Haha

@Juukyuu
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. As for my drafts, well, as I'm working on the projects, I take a lot of notes and do doodles, draw internal schematics, bleed all over it, gets cut by my x-acto, hot chocolate stains so on and so forth. When I get finished with a model, the draft usually looks like a chainsaw murder. You saw the M7smg? YIKES!
As for building guns, that takes lotsa practice. I started out making buildings out of cardstock, then it went to spaceships and space stations, I made an awesome 1/87th scale Imperial shuttle and Imperial landing craft from Star Wars, then I started building 1/87th scale 'mechs, and 1/9th scale Hooded Cobra, King Cobra, Type F6-16 Battle Frame and my favorite the Myrmidon from Heavy Gear. The largest ever and last model for a while is the 1/6th scale Kodiak from Heavy Gear. Sadly I no longer have those. The Timberwolf is the first model I've built in five years, followed by the pistol Orignally the pistol started out as cardstock and foamboard, but when I ordered specialized 2mm foambaord, they accidentally sent me Sintra pvc plastic sheets instead. It was true love, the stuff is really great to work with.
Theres a lot of great Pep files here. Check out EdMcsmoke's Reach sniper rifle for example, that is an amazing build. I don't know your skill level, but the best advice I can give you is build a lot of models, you'll eventually get good.

@Ronster
I orignally planned on a video, but first I have to make the casts. Once I cast and paint it, you can expect a video.

@EdMcSmoke
Thanks, like I said above and before, You have a beastly pep rifle.

@Telemus
Glad you like it.

So you actually use pep files but cut it out in sintra PVC?
I actually don't have any experience, i'm starting out right about now and don't have anything build yet!

But fact is, i'll be using nerf gun on some bases and use lots of bondo and for some, bondo and urethane rigid foam.

And then i'll see what will happen :p
Anyhow, great work, too bad for the schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back